Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Abbotsford, BC

I have worked with Moxies for coming on two years, I have no major issues with the company, my job as a hostess is fairly straightforward. One of the main issues I have with the company is the strict dress code. I find it highly unsanitary that servers are forbidden from wearing their hair off of their face.
Pros
40% staff discount
Moxie's is a great location to develop your skills within the restaurant industry and meet great people while you do it. I worked at the Abbotsford location for 5 years and I learned so much about the in's and out's of a commercial restaurant
overall a great place to work, great peopl great food, i learned alot working at moxies including how to effectively close, clean fryers flat top, as well as how to prep, eventually became lead food prep.
Pros
10% off meals
Cons
really fast paced
Moxie's is a good beginner job, it's designed for idiots and is idiot proof if you stick to the book. You have to wear at least a 2" heel as a hostess which is ridiculous as they are terrible for your feet, but for some people this isn't an issue. I don't mind it.
Pros
regular pay, proper training, great people.
Cons
short shifts, irregular hours, minimum wage.