Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews

I came into the job with rough skills when it comes to cooking only having experience from high school classes. Them giving me a chance to work a day along side with someone to see if I had potential. Then they hired me and taught how to handle many things like knives and deli slicers in a quick and safe way
Pros
They will give free meals if you cover for someone.
Cons
Busy environment if you're not used to it
Working here went downhill with management and poor training. It’s a stressful and hostile environment. Management is bitter and the restaurant has large turnovers. Getting yelled at isn’t uncommon. Run.
Pros
Met good friends, but they did not like working there
Cons
Hostile
Received little to no training. Given ridiculous workload. Had to work long shifts, often without being able to take a break. Staff was rude and mouthy, trying to be Gordon Ramsay-esque.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment
While I was there it was a great place to work. I made friends with my coworkers easily and I had good relationships with management. Managers are generally understanding about balancing work and life
generally work was fast-paced and but the management took everything out on us. which made your shifts brutal because you had the stress of performing perfectly in addition to the stress they projected at you. the people i worked with were quite funny and i made good money.
Pros
flexible timetables and discounted food
Cons
terrible management and disrespect
Fast pace service,barly any breaks you have to ask for a 5 min break if it NOT busy. Job security in covid is not great 1 shift per month so I believe I will have to change jobs :(
Pros
40% staff discount 25% friends snd family
Cons
Longer hours that scheduled and in covid no hours to go around
I did not enjoy working for Moxie's Bar & Grill in Stoney Creek. Most days would be a waste of time because you would get ready for work, travel there, the get cut within the first two hours and make no money.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Hours always got cut short
They force women to wear high heels, they allow customers to grab the girls butts, they will change your schedule 2 hours before your shift and not tell you. They will expect you to do a lot of stuff outside of the job description including allowing minors to bring alcohol to tables.
Pros
Cons
Random schedule, management
Worked full time for almost a year, management sucks someone needs to learn how to make a schedule often I’d be working 20+ days in a row. You could work 30min and get sent home cause it isn’t busy but still work or get called in every day. You feel as if the managers are out to get you and not on your side what so ever. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there half of the people in there are psycho.
Cons
Everyone’s there to help each other. A really good place to work and everything is very well organized. They are a real team of hard workers and also encourage one another.
Had a lot of fun working for this company. I had to work my butt off but it paid off for the most part. Upper management sometimes was a bit questionable but all around a good experience. Your attitude is your biggest asset
Pros
Flexible schedule, cool coworkers
Cons
The general manager wasn’t very inspiring at times
More overtime more money Tha company is very help ful for yung employed in time of need their are always their ang willing to help ing crise of crysis
Unless you're on their good side (I'm talking about the managers), you will simply hate working here. They treat you like crumbs on the floor. Definitely a place of "favorites". Money is good but not worth the treatment.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Management, communication
Do not work for this company No organizations no planning what next.Find people who have experience!!!!!!!!!Not girls with short skirts and no brain!!!!!!
Pros
No lunch
Cons
When I started at Moxie’s, it was full of life, employed great people who had ambition and positive personalities, had management who cared, and actually put out dishes that the kitchen was passionate about. I regret to say that this is not the case anymore. The aesthetic of Moxie’s has diminished severely over time. They used to hire people who cared about their own personal hygiene, cleanliness, and overall appearance. It was mandatory to come to work as the best version of yourself with a “glamorous evening look” and polished uniform. Now, it seems as if employees can just roll out of bed and come to work. In terms of job advancement, that comes mostly based off of hard work and loyalty. However, management made some very questionable decisions about promoting certain employees to supervisory/bartending/shift leading positions even after they had heard about misconduct. The only motive for this was scheduling and to make managements lives easier because they had more people trained for certain positions. It is clear that they care more about the quantity of people trained rather than the quality of people trained. Salary wise, they pay minimum wage per hour. Tipout increased 100% from the time I started. I began when tipout was 3.25% and by the time I left, it was 7.00%. Managers also began to receive a portion of the server’s tipout. To me, it made no sense that I was paying out of my pocket to have a manager on the floor. I was employed for a long time and would have stayed longer if the management and owner activity wasn’t so suspicious. The work culture, however, - more...
Pros
Schedule flexibility, tips, staff happy hour deals
Cons
Management, building maintenance issues that owners refuse to fix, long hours, physically demanding
Worked there for 2 years loved it very much but only because of the managers they really took care of employees and put us first before the job never had been treated so well
Pros
Discounts for family and friends, easy menu to remember
Cons
Not as busy as other restaurants
I loved my experience working at moxies, it taught me how to communicate well with the team and guests. It was an extremely fast-paced environment, but i thrived working in that environment.
The favouritism by the management was absurd and not subtle what so ever. It didn’t matter how hard of a worker you were. I have seen a lot of verbal harassment and bullying by management. There is no managerial support what so ever. Managers would either not be found or pretending they were busy. They wouldn’t care to watch you crash and burn on busy day/night. The tip out is insanely high at 5.5% and most of it goes to the management. The only bright side was the fellow employees
Pros
Staff
Cons
Management, bullying, favouritism, tip out
The tip out percentage is so high that you end up making wayyyy less than what you expect for the amount of stress and time you’re there. Management favours certain people based on personal relationships which is really unprofessional. Also I didn’t really talk to too many people at work but there was always some kind of drama going on with the servers.
Pros
Free food sometimes, nice customers
Cons
Big tip out, poor management
This job scars me for life . It gave me low self steam , they bullied me , and forced me to work non-stop. They made jokes about where I’m come from . I constantly was in trouble for no reason. The manager me sign papers that I didn’t agreed with or understand. The manager made inappropriate jokes about me and my Family. They made jokes about my health. I was very stress out , They constantly threatened to fire me. I took it for years because it was close to my home. Perhaps, I stayed because I had low self esteem and I didn’t believe I could find another job.When the restaurant opened it was very successful and good tip outs for employees. The mismanagement of various managers made the work place very stressful. Many employees were fired for no reason or simply walk away. Eventually, employees lost the tips which were given to the supervisors. This wasn’t fair to the longtime employees.I did a lot of work for them , when I left I didn’t receive a thank you for the many years of service. Now I’m afraid they will be trying to damage reputation and give me negative references. This was done to other employees in the past.I do not recommend this environment for anyone. All I try to do now is move on with my life.
Pros
I made good friends. There was good team work between employees.
Cons
The managers didn’t credit us with the correct number of hours worked. They consistently, reduced my hours worked to low labor costs.
Management is the biggest problem some care more than others and it always affects how you’re able to complete your shift either they don’t take the initiative to do something, or one or two will carry the whole restaurant