Moxie's Grill & Bar
Happiness score is 59 out of 100
Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Review

Professional

14 September 2018
Professional placement with a great team and great guests. Attached to a hotel so people all across the world would come in. Management was great and supported team.
4.0Job security/advancement
7 September 2020
Same role
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
When I started at Moxie’s, it was full of life, employed great people who had ambition and positive personalities, had management who cared, and actually put out dishes that the kitchen was passionate about. I regret to say that this is not the case anymore. The aesthetic of Moxie’s has diminished severely over time. They used to hire people who cared about their own personal hygiene, cleanliness, and overall appearance. It was mandatory to come to work as the best version of yourself with a “glamorous evening look” and polished uniform. Now, it seems as if employees can just roll out of bed and come to work. In terms of job advancement, that comes mostly based off of hard work and loyalty. However, management made some very questionable decisions about promoting certain employees to supervisory/bartending/shift leading positions even after they had heard about misconduct. The only motive for this was scheduling and to make managements lives easier because they had more people trained for certain positions. It is clear that they care more about the quantity of people trained rather than the quality of people trained. Salary wise, they pay minimum wage per hour. Tipout increased 100% from the time I started. I began when tipout was 3.25% and by the time I left, it was 7.00%. Managers also began to receive a portion of the server’s tipout. To me, it made no sense that I was paying out of my pocket to have a manager on the floor. I was employed for a long time and would have stayed longer if the management and owner activity wasn’t so suspicious. The work culture, however, - more...
Pros
Schedule flexibility, tips, staff happy hour deals
Cons
Management, building maintenance issues that owners refuse to fix, long hours, physically demanding
1 September 2020
Same role
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) - Mississauga, ON
The favouritism by the management was absurd and not subtle what so ever. It didn’t matter how hard of a worker you were. I have seen a lot of verbal harassment and bullying by management. There is no managerial support what so ever. Managers would either not be found or pretending they were busy. They wouldn’t care to watch you crash and burn on busy day/night. The tip out is insanely high at 5.5% and most of it goes to the management. The only bright side was the fellow employees
Pros
Staff
Cons
Management, bullying, favouritism, tip out
7 November 2013
Same roleSame location
Lounge server/ Bartender (Current Employee) - Surrey, BC
I love working at Moxies, the people are great, the job is always very rewarding and fun. You get to know so many new people and I enjoy interacting with guests daily. We all work together as a team and get along very well, I would never trade in my coworkers, they're all great people! The job is sometimes stressful but very very worth it at the end of the day.