Moxie's Grill & Bar
Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Review

Poor work life balance, unattainable goals, false promises

9 July 2020
Not an enjoyable work experience, stress was worse than any job I've ever had. Long hours which always amounted to well above the 50 hr promised work week with no extra pay, banked time etc. Very little help from upper management but constant criticism and negativity which led to very low middle management retention. Also, restaurant was poorly constructed (to many issues to list) and not sufficient space or equipment in kitchen to handle volume.
1.0Job security/advancement
27 March 2012
Same role
Head Chef (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
I really enjoyed working at Moxies it was a well run restaurant with great pay and good people
Pros
everything
Cons
high workload
27 December 2019
Same location
Host (Former Employee) - St. John's, NL
poor management at the location i was at. I was told i would get a certain amount of hours and never did get them. often was called before my shift started to not come in, or i would go in and get cut early. i wanted to move up from a host and begin serving and no one acted on it after waiting weeks, so i quit.
13 December 2019
Same location
Prep cook, line cook and dishwasher (Former Employee) - St. John's, NL
Moxies is a fun to work in, together with other crew members. The food is delicious. Moxies has a big team, and experienced chefs, we worked as a team. very fast speed in prep cooking, culinary cooking, and line cooking.
  1. Poor work life balance, unattainable goals, false promises