Moxie's Grill & Bar
Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Review

Poor management

27 December 2019
poor management at the location i was at. I was told i would get a certain amount of hours and never did get them. often was called before my shift started to not come in, or i would go in and get cut early. i wanted to move up from a host and begin serving and no one acted on it after waiting weeks, so i quit.
1.0Job security/advancement
7 November 2020
Same role
Host (Former Employee) - Alberta
They force women to wear high heels, they allow customers to grab the girls butts, they will change your schedule 2 hours before your shift and not tell you. They will expect you to do a lot of stuff outside of the job description including allowing minors to bring alcohol to tables.
Pros
Cons
Random schedule, management
9 October 2020
Same role
Hostess (Former Employee) - Moncton, NB
Worked full time for almost a year, management sucks someone needs to learn how to make a schedule often I’d be working 20+ days in a row. You could work 30min and get sent home cause it isn’t busy but still work or get called in every day. You feel as if the managers are out to get you and not on your side what so ever. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there half of the people in there are psycho.
Cons
9 July 2020
Same location
Head Chef (Former Employee) - St. John's, NL
Not an enjoyable work experience, stress was worse than any job I've ever had. Long hours which always amounted to well above the 50 hr promised work week with no extra pay, banked time etc. Very little help from upper management but constant criticism and negativity which led to very low middle management retention. Also, restaurant was poorly constructed (to many issues to list) and not sufficient space or equipment in kitchen to handle volume.