Moxie's Grill & Bar logo
Moxie's Grill & Bar
View all Moxie's Grill & Bar reviews

Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Review

Our staff became a second family

Working at Moxies Guelph location was a great experience and memorable time in my life. I worked part-time for the duration of 3 years. I moved up three positions within the company from a busser to a Supervisor. Our staff were always demonstrating positive attitudes which we all relished in. The food we provided made guests experiences one to remember. Management was always willing to help you through difficulties and willing to push you to challenge yourself and overcome fears of the restaurant industry. We learned a great deal of customer service and dealing with complaints accordingly.

Same role

Productive and great work culture

Fantastic work environment which involves decent length shifts, with a steady to busy work pace. Management is friendly but also very professional. Connecting with different guests and managing different tasks at any given moment is arguably the most enjoyable part of the job. Difficult tasks are handle well as the work place is very resourceful. Overall, a great work environment for those who a have a passion in the service industry.

Pros

Creating guest connections

Cons

Short hours
Same role

Bad pay/Management sucks

They pay you the bare minimum, and ask you to do the job of 6. Paid 11$ an hour. Only to have a raise 6 months later of 25 cents. Despite doing doubles most days, working 6 days a week and being the head of the prep team. Next raise was 6 months after that and it went up 50 cents after I fought with the chef for about 45 minutes on why I should get more than just another 25 cents. Management does what they want when they want. If they wanna go smoke while you’re in the middle of a dinner rush they don’t care they just take off and don’t say anything. Turnover of staff is ridiculous except for the 3 people that decide never to leave. Bartenders have to accept drinks from customers but have to throw it out because they aren’t allowed to drink on the job. Most bartenders I know do shots throughout there service out of respect for the client that bought it for them. But not at moxies. If you work in the kitchen you aren’t allowed to eat unless you pay for the food. Management tells you to go punch it in and pay if they catch you eating even a small snack and discount is between 40-60%. Chefs, sous-chefs and managers are the only ones allowed free food. Really not worth it. Unless you’re coming right out of culinary school or if it’s your first  “real” kitchen job after McDonald’s or subways.

Pros

Cons

Same location

First part-time job I actually had

My only memory of working for this company was that I had to work alone on a night where we were suppose to have 2 dishwashers on staff. Needless to say, I was not happy. I never got breaks either, so I can;t say I'm upset the location I worked at got shut down. The tips were nice though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moxie's Grill & Bar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare Moxie's Grill & Bar with

• Moxie's Grill & Bar
  • Our staff became a second family