Moxie's Grill & Bar
Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Review

Great place to work, well run and fun enviroment

27 March 2012
I really enjoyed working at Moxies it was a well run restaurant with great pay and good people
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
everything
Cons
high workload
9 July 2020
Same role
Head Chef (Former Employee) - St. John's, NL
Not an enjoyable work experience, stress was worse than any job I've ever had. Long hours which always amounted to well above the 50 hr promised work week with no extra pay, banked time etc. Very little help from upper management but constant criticism and negativity which led to very low middle management retention. Also, restaurant was poorly constructed (to many issues to list) and not sufficient space or equipment in kitchen to handle volume.
21 April 2021
Same location
Prep Cook (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
I came into the job with rough skills when it comes to cooking only having experience from high school classes. Them giving me a chance to work a day along side with someone to see if I had potential. Then they hired me and taught how to handle many things like knives and deli slicers in a quick and safe way
Pros
They will give free meals if you cover for someone.
Cons
Busy environment if you're not used to it
31 May 2020
Same location
Server (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Loved working at Moxies and being in the hospitality and customer service industry really allowed me to further my leadership skills and translate that into creating long lasting relationships with guest. I feel, every serving job, lends the opportunity to learn and grow as a leader and open door for future opportunities both inside and outside the business.
  1. Great place to work, well run and fun enviroment