Moxie's Grill & Bar
Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Review

Great people, good work culture, team centered environment.

6 February 2020
Always closed because of personal time constraints so a typical day would consist of coming in in the evening, getting through the rush and then closing my end, restocking, cleaning up, and heading home. I learned how to work hard and how to build friendly professional relationships with coworkers. The management is filled with hardworking empathetic people. They understand how to delagate and they know how to give constructive criticism in a way that helps employees improve without discouraging them. The workplace culture was relaxed and fast paced. We had a family meal every Friday which was always appreciated by everyone. Management, front end,and back end staff all got along mostly well with each other. Professionalism always coming before personal grief between employees meant that any problems would be handled with maturity and the workplace would not be affected. the hardest part of the job was staying super late during a rush for a game or large party. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people who I consider to be some of my closest friends.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free Friday meal
Cons
Staying late
26 April 2012
Same role
Senior Cook (Current Employee) - ottawa
Moxies is a good place to work good for young staff to make some money and experience a safe kitchen environment.The food we have is very good and the staff work hard. Management does as much as there allowed to make us as staff happy.
Pros
half off food
Cons
short shifts
21 April 2021
Same location
Prep Cook (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
I came into the job with rough skills when it comes to cooking only having experience from high school classes. Them giving me a chance to work a day along side with someone to see if I had potential. Then they hired me and taught how to handle many things like knives and deli slicers in a quick and safe way
Pros
They will give free meals if you cover for someone.
Cons
Busy environment if you're not used to it
31 May 2020
Same location
Server (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Loved working at Moxies and being in the hospitality and customer service industry really allowed me to further my leadership skills and translate that into creating long lasting relationships with guest. I feel, every serving job, lends the opportunity to learn and grow as a leader and open door for future opportunities both inside and outside the business.
  1. Great people, good work culture, team centered environment.