Moxie's Grill & Bar
Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Review

Fun place with great employees

21 June 2017
Great hours along with you get a chance to work with amazing people and make great friends that can always help you out when it comes to covering a shift.
5.0Job security/advancement
21 December 2019
Same roleSame location
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Although majority of the staff were nice, expect to be over worked as a support staff and have little to no one helping you, the servers chill and talk in the back while you, the well dressed custodian clean up their messes.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours (just book off a month in advance)
Cons
You are technically a custodian, not worth the pay, support staff are treated like slaves. If you’re anything but a server you’re wasting your time, would be better quite frankly to be unemployed, unless you like excessive cleaning and labor in dress pants or a squirt then have fun!
29 September 2019
Same role
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) - Grande Prairie, AB
A great community of staff that treats eachother like a family, a fast-paced environment to keep you busy and plenty of opportunities for growth within the company.
7 September 2020
Same location
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
When I started at Moxie’s, it was full of life, employed great people who had ambition and positive personalities, had management who cared, and actually put out dishes that the kitchen was passionate about. I regret to say that this is not the case anymore. The aesthetic of Moxie’s has diminished severely over time. They used to hire people who cared about their own personal hygiene, cleanliness, and overall appearance. It was mandatory to come to work as the best version of yourself with a “glamorous evening look” and polished uniform. Now, it seems as if employees can just roll out of bed and come to work. In terms of job advancement, that comes mostly based off of hard work and loyalty. However, management made some very questionable decisions about promoting certain employees to supervisory/bartending/shift leading positions even after they had heard about misconduct. The only motive for this was scheduling and to make managements lives easier because they had more people trained for certain positions. It is clear that they care more about the quantity of people trained rather than the quality of people trained. Salary wise, they pay minimum wage per hour. Tipout increased 100% from the time I started. I began when tipout was 3.25% and by the time I left, it was 7.00%. Managers also began to receive a portion of the server’s tipout. To me, it made no sense that I was paying out of my pocket to have a manager on the floor. I was employed for a long time and would have stayed longer if the management and owner activity wasn’t so suspicious. The work culture, however, - more...
Pros
Schedule flexibility, tips, staff happy hour deals
Cons
Management, building maintenance issues that owners refuse to fix, long hours, physically demanding
  1. Fun place with great employees