Moxie's Grill & Bar logo
Moxie's Grill & Bar
View all Moxie's Grill & Bar reviews

Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Review

A fast pace, friendly environment with the best employees

Every day I go into work and try and make the guests experience as postive as possible. We want to make sure every person has had top notch service and food prepared to fit their expectationsWhat I've learned from working as a hostess at Moxies Classic Grill is how to improve my customer service. I feel because I've been a hostess for a while now, it has become easier for me to approach guests and cater to their needs. I like to make sure everyone leaves with a smile, and if something went wrong, how to fix it so their next visit will make up for it.Most of the co-workers (servers and hostesses) have become my friends, and to be honest one of the number one reasons I love my job. Everyone works together and if ever in a stressful situation stay calm and find the best solution.The hardest part of my job is when the restaurant is slow and I have to stand up at the hostess stand and wait for people to come in. I like to stay busy so I'm always looking for something to do. I understand that in the restuarant industry you have to work your way from the bottom to the top in order to move up in the business, but I am itching to become a server. I feel like I have the right amount of experience and ability to do so.The most enjoyable part of the job is making people smile and meeting and talking to new people everyday.

Pros

40% off food when working

Cons

wearing high heels for 4-5 hours

Same role

Wouldn’t recommend working here

The atmosphere of the workplace is very negative, and extremely chaotic. The general manager is not involved enough and only cares about the money. Every time the general manager would work front of house everyone would be extremely stressed due to the manager trying to fit as many people in to make money, causing customers to give the front of house staff grief. If you like to enjoy work I wouldn’t recommend working here.
Same role

Unprofessional, not a great place to work

They force women to wear high heels, they allow customers to grab the girls butts, they will change your schedule 2 hours before your shift and not tell you. They will expect you to do a lot of stuff outside of the job description including allowing minors to bring alcohol to tables.

Pros

Cons

Random schedule, management
Same location

First part-time job I actually had

My only memory of working for this company was that I had to work alone on a night where we were suppose to have 2 dishwashers on staff. Needless to say, I was not happy. I never got breaks either, so I can;t say I'm upset the location I worked at got shut down. The tips were nice though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moxie's Grill & Bar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare Moxie's Grill & Bar with

• Moxie's Grill & Bar
  • A fast pace, friendly environment with the best employees