Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews

Good first job
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 April 2018
When I worked here I was younger and it was my first job. It was good for a first job but no place for any sort of advancement. Would recommend for kids aged 14-16
Hard-working but fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON11 April 2018
A fun and fast-paced work environment. Managers and supervisors expect you to know your job but are helpful and truly care about the staff. Must have an extensive knowledge of the food and drink menus and be able to pass secret-shoppers. Overall its a fun place to work and its truly a family.
Pros
Young and fun staff
Cons
Shifts can be very short
Productive and fun atmosphere
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2018
I was a cook at this job. I loved working for Moxies. They are a very busy. I loved the staff and customers. My experience with Moxies was one I will always remember
Good place to work if you are single
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2018
Fast paced, great environment. High quality food. Shifts can be exhausting specially if you have a family. Changing schedules can wear you out. Good for people without kids.
Working For Moxies
Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK9 April 2018
The atmosphere is fun when the business is busy but can also be very catty and hard to work with the servers in the bar side. Overall the management is amazing and very understanding of school or over work related schedule issues.
Pros
Great Managers
Cons
Bad servers in the lounge
not great
Host/Line Cook/ Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 April 2018
low pay for hard work no opportunity to grow, however. Management doesn't look inwards for their director promotions. Bad managers lead to unhappy workers.
Pros
free food if lucky
Work at any other Moxies except Orleans
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON6 April 2018
I worked at Hunt club for 3 and a half years and it was a great experience. Since then I've been transferred to the Orleans location. Let's just say two very different restaurants.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Lack of talent, low pay.
Team oriented
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 March 2018
I really enjoyed working in the fast pace industry. I was always willing to learn new things and teach things to others.
I took a lot of imitative with growing within the company and was offered a management position but, was currently planning on moving out of the province.
Pros
Learned to move fast
Cons
Long hours, not enough breaks
Very busy place to be
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2018
Good people, staff and management included - the owners were great too! Hours were long with a family though- definitely, on the management side, a challenge some days
Moxie's Grill & Bar Review
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 March 2018
Working at Moxie's has been a pleasure, being taught how to make guest connections easily, and developing new ways of Serving/Hostessing and make the day go by smoother. The hardest part of the job would be learning all of the ingredients for the food and memorizing guest orders. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating that guest relationship where they come back another day to visit you as the server.
Pros
Guest Connections
Cons
Wearing heels, Hair has to be down
Great job experience
Dishwasher / Prep Cook / Line Cook (Current Employee) –  ottawa on,24 February 2018
Fast paced work environment coupled with an extremely nurturing management team made this one of my favourite establishments to be a part of. If given the opportunity to move up into supervisor I would not hesitate to take the position.
Pros
vast amount of technical vocation
Friendly staff
Co-op (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 February 2018
I worked there for job experience while doing my culinary course at Humber. I prepared food for cooking or serving to customers. Management treated me well.
Fun and fast place to work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2018
Loved working for Moxie's! The owners are super nice and there is definitely room for advancement, if you are wanting that. Learned how to do payroll, put in liquor orders, and counts for inventory. They always have a feature menu, with great new items to test out from well known chefs. Great ideas!
the worst
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 February 2018
This company is way too big. The food is mostly made in a warehouse in Alberta and it is obvious to the guests because you can almost never have a modification.
Fun friendly environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Moxies classic grill Winnipeg5 February 2018
Great workplace environment with an opportunity to learn excellent customer service experience. Management is always very supportive, the workplace culture is upbeat and friendly. The hardest part of the job is learning to multitask in a fast paced environment. The enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to make new friends and grow as a team.
OK but not great
Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2018
Moxie's is a good company to work for if you are looking to begin your career in the restaurant/hospitality industry. Advancement from lower levels to supervisory or junior management positions are plentiful and can be worked up to. Senior management is often overworked with unattainable expectations in many cases. In order to get moved up to these positions it becomes more political than who would be better suited for the role.
Good culture and oportunities
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2018
Moxie's has a good culture and, on the franchise I've worked for, great management team. My superiors were always eager to coach me and there were many opportunities for advancement. Unfortunately, the industry demands long hours, late nights and weekends.
Pros
Good benefits, free lunches and good discounts.
Cons
Long hours and mandatory weekends
good place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON20 January 2018
nice staff and management, i never was cheated on hours or wage. ended up learning the proper way to do things by the book. overall it was a great place to work.
Good first job
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2018
the culture was amazing because everyone was around the same age as myself when I started. This job really helped me build my social skills as I would serve my tables.
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC15 January 2018
This was a terrible place to work mainly based on the decisions made by management. With a high turnover rate for management, I feel like managers/supervisors came in with the intention to prove themselves worthy by any means necessary. The current GM is the reason I left. With over the top micromanagement, passive aggressive remarks, constant disregard for availability restrictions and over scheduling of servers, this place was terrible. Not only did I not feel safe to breathe or make any slight mistake at this place, I also made no money because there would be six servers on with no customs in the restaurant. I wouldn't work here again
Pros
friendly co-workers, friendly regulars
Cons
horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moxie's Grill & Bar. Our community is ready to answer.