Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews

Canada474 reviews
Four stars
Moxie’s has great training. Everyone helps run food. Great teamwork. Incentives for up selling. Beautiful establishment. Schedule is flexible and restaurant is always busy.
Pros
Busy restaurant and money is good
Cons
Guys have to wear jeans on the patio in the summer.
great people, great workplace
was a fantastic work environment, fantastic food, would go again and again, the work days are faced paced but excellent tring, easy to learn how to do what is needed
terrible
I was told I was going to be a line cook but on my first day they told me I would be washing dishes for at least a year before they would consider putting me on the line. they look down at the dish washers and treat them terrible.
productive and fun work place , great for meeting and interacting with new people
Moxies provided an upbeat environment as well as a great learning experience for a first job. Working at moxies ive gained some customer service experience as well as keeping up in a fast paced work space all while balancing fun and work.
Good food and a friendly attitude
I would highly recommend working there especially for there great cooking tips and awesome food. If you want to be a chef then you have joined the best.
Work place culture
The most important thing to me in a job is great environment, understanding and great work ethic. Clear instructions and team work. Which is help to grow professional growth that all got from my job in Moxies.
Good restaurant to gain experience!
You can start your way from the dinning room and make your way to work at the lounge. Many loyal guest and great opportunity to make good tips. Enjoyed my time here.
Fun Workplace
thorough training and competitive skill enhancing opportunities

flexible shifts and work to life balance

great networking and career enhancing opportunities
It’s good
Good experience Would recommend to students and for part time work if needed. Good team. Supports good work life balance when in school. Management is okay just like other restraunts
I learned so much about problem solving, customer service and working as a team. The management is awesome and easy to work with. Working hard will be recognized. The culture is up beat and cohesive with a very low turnover rate. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with a fun group and meeting lots of new people.
Productive and Professional
Not a great place for young people if looking to move into a serving position. But Moxie's very professionally and a great place to learn skills as a host.
Work experience
Moxie's is a great location to develop your skills within the restaurant industry and meet great people while you do it. I worked at the Abbotsford location for 5 years and I learned so much about the in's and out's of a commercial restaurant
Fast paced work environment with a mix of employees
You'll work with anyone from high school students to experienced workers, the management varies between location but really makes or breaks the experience of working at Moxies. Corporate locations are great usually with management because of union and other factors.
Nice restaurant with good culture
Moxies was an enjoyable business to work for. They gave me a chance with not much experience in the restaurant industry and trained me up to be a confident dining room server.
typical restaurant job
your feet will bleed... just be prepared. tips at this location are not great. cooks were extremely cool. :) :) :)

management changed all the time cause they were not the best at their jobs
Hostile environment
Only good part about working here was the friends I made, besides that, management is adult bullies. Customers are creepy and management will never do anything about it because their all like that too. You’re better off anywhere else.
Horrible management but great coworkers
Started this job about a month ago and I was just recently laid off from dishwasher due to the management stating that my effort and organization still wasn't there from when I started despite the fact that I literally wash all the dishes I get on time but I constantly have to stay back to wash all the extra dishes that the line and prep cooks keep bringing past my scheduled time. The next dishwasher for night literally will not come for another 2 hours after I'm done which means more dishes will come in and there's nobody to replace me and I cant go on breaks, They'll tell u to clean everything for the next dish person and when u stay back to wash the extra dishes that takes the line Cooks forever to bring you'll get blamed for not washing dishes that haven't arrived yet. Overall the management needs better leadership and an organized system for the dishwashers
Not well organized
For a new store with many long time employees of the company, it was not well organized to begin training. There was alot of underqualified people hired initially and they were weeded out quickly.
great place to work
the only reason i left this job was to be closer with my family. otherwise i would never have left, the people are amazing and so is the environment.
i would strongly recommend this job to any cook.
was an alright work place
working at moxies could have been better not alot of hours and not paid very well for being a cook. and with the job i found that it was over staffed and that there was not alot of room on the line.
Productive and busy place
Friendly staff and proactive management. Minimal support staff but high tip out. Bills get high fast so tips add up quickly. Room service also helps to supplement tips.