Moxie's Grill & Bar

Working at Moxie's Grill & Bar: Latest Moxie's Grill & Bar Reviews

Canada539 reviews

heelrestaurantkitchenfoodserverculinarychefguest

Up tempo fun environment

I worked in the back of the house. It was a fun productive environment. I liked the way the kitchen ran. I liked how they charted usage. Production lists were helpful. I liked menu rollout meetings. The only issue I had was with hours. There needed to be a way to get a full 8 hour shift or at least more hours for prep.

Tip out way to high

Tip out to the kitchen is way to high for the clientele that comes to the restaurant. Bussers and host see non of the money either.Management takes a cut of the tips

Insights into Moxie's Grill & Bar

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Poor management

Poor management, both front of house and back of house. Poor pay even after working there for years. Tips are pretty great though.

Fun environment

Serving at this restaurant is fun and the management is supportive. Sometimes it’s pretty busy and stressful but rewarding if you like that type of environment.

Pros

Management cares

Cons

Busy and stressful at times

Understaffed, No breaks, No benefits. Where do I begin.

Not enough staff to handle the fast paced, stressful work environment. Any concerns mentioned are NOT met with compassion.They pay low, with high expectations.This is the third restaurant I've worked in, and the only one that doesn't give me breaks. I don't know what else to say...

Fun place to work, bad management

Worked here for almost 2 years and honestly loved it, tips were relatively always good but my coworkers are what really made it so great. A new GM came in and then I was taken off the schedule without any notice or reason :)

Pros

Coworkers and tips

Fast paced

Fast paced environment but you have a lot of people always there to help you and are always supported by management. Perks include free food at times

Pros

Free food

Cons

Hurting feet

Lots of growth potential

Wonderful staff! They do their best to promote a work/life balance, as it’s difficult in hospitality. Never the same day twice which gives you opportunities while dealing the challenges.

Very poorly run

Moxies is a very poorly managed company all the way up the ladder. There's a lot of underhandedness, back stabbing, lying, no sense of urgency, poor hygiene, no respect, etc. I've worked for several companies over the years & this is definitely the worst. I do not recommend working here, unfortunately.

Pros

Free lunches, flexible hours

Cons

Unexpected long hours, disrespect, constant lying, no organization, etc

Fast paced, Not boring, Great coworkers

I’ve enjoyed my time here so far and have found it be a great job environment with great coworkers and good management that will always be available to help you. As with any job there are some downsides if it gets really busy it kinda sucks but it is what it is. Wouldn’t recommend being a dishwasher here though

Moxies is cool

Moxie's is a cool place to work. Nice employees, managers are cool too! I wish we got tipped more and I wish we could eat more free food. It's is good!

Really good place when you are starting out in hospitality. Lots of drunk guests to deal with but great staff and great corporate culture. Really liked my time at moxies

Pros

Discount on food

Corporate restaurant

Job was pretty fun, hard working kitchen, management was good from a select few, other than that you had some slackers. Great food, tip percentage is very high though.

Ok atmosphere

Good staff. Great people to work with. Extra support is required. The great menu, delicious food, craft beer is fantastic. Perfect location. Need more dess

Fast paced and fun

I started at Moxies 6 years ago and worked for few years and even transferred to Ontario location with ease. I enjoyed working here because it was high volume restaurant which in return you made a lot of money. You could easily move up with hard work to shift leader, bartender and manager in training. Their tip out was fair and management also was fair. Of course there is always a manager or two that was hard working with and there was favouritism. Another thing is wearing heels and if you were not pretty enough you never made it to the lounge to serve and you could only work dinning. Which could be hard on some servers not feeling worthy or pretty enough. All in all hard work pays off at moxies. I would recommend working here and I have worked in a lot of different types of restaurants and this by far has been my best experience in the industry.

Pros

Advancement, discounted food.

Cons

Wearing heels

Fun environment

Enjoyed my time here fun group good environment good managers would recommend anyone getting into the hospitality industry. They train you to work behind the bar if that's your end goal

Part time - Great environment, great people, great management!

Overall great experience working here! This job helped me through university, and I had a lot of fun doing it. Management is very accommodating and also cares about personal growth.

Pros

Cons

Working late

Very fun workplace environment.

Great place to work if you’d like to earn tips!Management is friendly and fun, food is great as well. Easy place to move up or train in other areas. If you have a good bubbly personality you’ll do great.

Fun place to make friends and money

Great money and coworkers. Fast paced environment so shifts go by fast. Management very supportive of hard working employees. Room to grow within the company.

Positive experience. Well structured fun environment

Close knit team that held each other to a high standard on a daily basis. Lots of room for advancement. Great earning potential for those that are eager to work

Pros

Great lifestyle for a single young person

Cons

High stress always demanding environment

Always something to do - no job security.

Restaurants are great because there's always something to do, you get to socialize and tips are generally pretty good. What I don't like is the job security. I got hired as full-time but there's no stipulation what full-time exactly is. I went from having 5 shifts a week to 4 then to 3 some weeks. No consistency which makes it had to budget and live as a single person. Lots of favouritism in the restaurant industry. Be prepared to suck up to whoever makes the schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moxie's Grill & Bar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement