MOVATI Athletic

MOVATI Athletic Employee Reviews

Underpaid, overworked and underutilized.These are some of the things that come to mind while working at Movati. People are underpaid Based upon experience, and Those needing To be Trained and Have no experience can get hired for a higher wage. The coworkers and management are great people, but the company policy and the way they do not utilize workers who have various experiences and no matter how hard one works, they get left at an entry-level position.
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Stressful, underpaid
After working for a couple years. You realize its all a show. Non diverse management. Horrible GM's in the region only tells the regional managers hire based on favouritsm not based on experience or skill. Toxic culture and fake
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Racist management
A healthy environment should result in a healthy support system as well as healthy relationships but I have met some of the worlds most judgmental people working here. I have also made friends for life. It really is a get in, and keep your mouth shut kind of job. If people talk to you about coworkers, chances are they're talking to coworkers about you.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
drama, sloppy management, poor support systems
Good place to work with a positive atmosphere, lots to keep busy all the time. Was able to learn a lot about customer services and the gym environment.
I loved every moment! Come to work wanting to work and make money and you will. Management will treat you amazing if you do your job, stay self motivated to hit your goals. I left because I had an hour commute, two kids, I needed something closer.
Pros
Team culture, money, atmosphere, being able to change lives and connect with amazing individuals.
Cons
Management is awful. The culture is shallow and they promote people even though they have sexually harassed their employees. The only benefit of working here is the free gym membership.
Movati is a great place to work if you are passionate about health, wellness and fitness. You are given training on the basic format of the group fitness classes you will be teaching, but also have freedom to teach with your own authentic flair. Great management and positive work environment.
I only worked there as a lifeguard, mostly guarding but sometimes teaching kids as well. They were organized for the most part but could be better by management. Overall, is a good job and would recommend as a part time job.
The staff at Movati were very understanding and gave me enough resources to successful complete my job. They also had the benefit of discounts on their apparel and a free gym membership. The life guarding job was quite simple because all that was required was to watch aqua-fit classes.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
very short shifts
Members at movati are extremely grateful, respectful and willing to better themselves through exercise. The club is up to date,clean and staff is friendly and helpful.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MOVATI Athletic?
I love to work at Movati athletic. co-worker are very cooperative to work with, supervisor is very supportive and encouraging.Overall very good environment for kids and wonderful workplace to work for employee.
If I could give zero stars for management I would..... They don't care about their employees AT ALL! Condescending, unprofessional, rude, exploitative and only ever offers negative feedback. If you work here, you will be expected to manage and solve many (avoidable) issues that arise daily. I say avoidable because they could be easily solved if management payed any attention to the employees' feedback. It is very stressful and there is no satisfaction- neither the members or your supervisors will notice. The only time you hear from management is when they are dissatisfied. It's torture. It doesn't matter if you're a good employee or not because you're treated like dirt either way. They are always firing people because once the novelty of the job wears off, all the employees realize how horrible management is....... it gets really tiring to have people who are payed more than you get upset at you for issues that are used by their lack of communication!!!!! They take no responsibility though, and I doubt they ever will I want to quit but I have to wait out this pandemic first #COVID-19 Fanfuckingtastic :))
Very Bad company, they don’t care about you at all. Poorly managed, don’t care about their employees. Very cheap company. Never recommend to anyone. Be warned
Great environment to work in. Kind management with great employees to help you train. Very good work life balance as you can go workout after your shift. Very business oriented individuals.
Working at Movati was exciting at first but I slowly learned that the work culture was not what I expected. There is very little communication between managers and employees, constant micromanaging, and lack of support for staff. Overall, I would not recommend anyone to work here as there is high turnover for a reason.
Movati Trainers are seen and held to a standard above and beyond that of other competing operate gyms, which is fun for those with a competitive personality.
When under proper management Movati is a pleasure to work for, despite the salary being low. Although, New management took over and completely ruined the culture and great work environment it once was. Supervisors and managers misuse their positions and use the authority to tower over those they are managing in a demeaning manner. Front desk staff are overworked, underpaid, and belittled. The GM doesn't pay attention to anyone or anything but the sales department and is completely unapproachable. They do not promote growth within the company. It makes for a work environment where you constantly check the time.
Pros
Great facility, free membership
Cons
Stressful, Underpaid
I worked at Movati nepean for a year and half. When I first started working there I loved it! Management was good and communication was great. Fast forward a few months in management changed and all things went left. No communication between management and employees, micromanaging, bullying and lack of support. Movati needs to do better in listening to their employees and treating them with respect Management needs to be held accountable for their actions. Don’t work here
I enjoy my job at Movati Athletic. I have had two basic job titles there one of which I loved. I was hired to work in the playroom and was a supervisor until the company decided to close it. They offered me a new position as a membership experience associate which has been challenging and fun in a new way.
Excellent company to work for. Growing exponentially so lots of opportunity to grow. Great staff and education fund for career minded trainers. Benefits as well and competitive wages.
They cared about the children that came to the playroom. It was a warm and welcoming environment both for patrons and employees! I would recommend the workplace to anyone.
  1. Employee reviews