MOVATI Athletic

MOVATI Athletic Employee Reviews

Canada97 reviews
Fun and a productive and safe work environment
I only worked there as a lifeguard, mostly guarding but sometimes teaching kids as well. They were organized for the most part but could be better by management. Overall, is a good job and would recommend as a part time job.
Fun and Passionate Workplace
Movati is a great place to work if you are passionate about health, wellness and fitness. You are given training on the basic format of the group fitness classes you will be teaching, but also have freedom to teach with your own authentic flair. Great management and positive work environment.
Friendly and welcoming Environment
The staff at Movati were very understanding and gave me enough resources to successful complete my job. They also had the benefit of discounts on their apparel and a free gym membership. The life guarding job was quite simple because all that was required was to watch aqua-fit classes.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
very short shifts
Excellent facility and a great place to teach/work
Members at movati are extremely grateful, respectful and willing to better themselves through exercise.
The club is up to date,clean and staff is friendly and helpful.
Wonderful place to work.You will feel welcome, comfortable and healthy.
I love to work at Movati athletic. co-worker are very cooperative to work with, supervisor is very supportive and encouraging.Overall very good environment for kids and wonderful workplace to work for employee.
Absolute NIGHTMARE Management
If I could give zero stars for management I would..... They don't care about their employees AT ALL! Condescending, unprofessional, rude, exploitative and only ever offers negative feedback.

If you work here, you will be expected to manage and solve many (avoidable) issues that arise daily. I say avoidable because they could be easily solved if management payed any attention to the employees' feedback. It is very stressful and there is no satisfaction- neither the members or your supervisors will notice.

The only time you hear from management is when they are dissatisfied. It's torture. It doesn't matter if you're a good employee or not because you're treated like dirt either way.

They are always firing people because once the novelty of the job wears off, all the employees realize how horrible management is....... it gets really tiring to have people who are payed more than you get upset at you for issues that are used by their lack of communication!!!!! They take no responsibility though, and I doubt they ever will

I want to quit but I have to wait out this pandemic first #COVID-19

Fanfuckingtastic :))
Terrible company
Very Bad company, they don’t care about you at all. Poorly managed, don’t care about their employees. Very cheap company. Never recommend to anyone. Be warned
Productive and comfortable enviorment
Great environment to work in. Kind management with great employees to help you train. Very good work life balance as you can go workout after your shift. Very business oriented individuals.
Poorly run facility
Working at Movati was exciting at first but I slowly learned that the work culture was not what I expected. There is very little communication between managers and employees, constant micromanaging, and lack of support for staff. Overall, I would not recommend anyone to work here as there is high turnover for a reason.
Competitive and Fun
Movati Trainers are seen and held to a standard above and beyond that of other competing operate gyms, which is fun for those with a competitive personality.
Review for the Richmond hill location
When under proper management Movati is a pleasure to work for, despite the salary being low. Although, New management took over and completely ruined the culture and great work environment it once was. Supervisors and managers misuse their positions and use the authority to tower over those they are managing in a demeaning manner. Front desk staff are overworked, underpaid, and belittled. The GM doesn't pay attention to anyone or anything but the sales department and is completely unapproachable. They do not promote growth within the company. It makes for a work environment where you constantly check the time.
Pros
Great facility, free membership
Cons
Stressful, Underpaid
Terrible place to work
I worked at Movati nepean for a year and half. When I first started working there I loved it! Management was good and communication was great. Fast forward a few months in management changed and all things went left. No communication between management and employees, micromanaging, bullying and lack of support. Movati needs to do better in listening to their employees and treating them with respect Management needs to be held accountable for their actions. Don’t work here
Working in a health conscious environment
I enjoy my job at Movati Athletic. I have had two basic job titles there one of which I loved. I was hired to work in the playroom and was a supervisor until the company decided to close it. They offered me a new position as a membership experience associate which has been challenging and fun in a new way.
Movati
Excellent company to work for. Growing exponentially so lots of opportunity to grow. Great staff and education fund for career minded trainers. Benefits as well and competitive wages.
Fun Workplace
They cared about the children that came to the playroom. It was a warm and welcoming environment both for patrons and employees! I would recommend the workplace to anyone.
productive and fun workplace with great people.
There's always something to whether it was satisfying a customer, cleaning, or giving a hand to your co-workers. A good environment filled with amazing people who are always willing to help.
not recommended
- management is horrible (excessive abuse of power)
- poor to no communication between management and employees

- does not value their employees/staff

- expectations are way too high

- low job security

- no work life balance

- gym itself is nice and offers alot but not a good place to work for, just to use facility

- free membership was very helpful

- unfair policy about a “6 month cool off period” it decide to leave

No work life balance
Trainers come and go
No work life balance

They play favourites

Split shifts

Management turn over is too much

No consistent work

Horrible work culture
Pretty good place for a minimum wage job
It's not a stressful environment and you work at your own pace. Managers are pretty good and relaxed. Your co-workers are what keep you there and you meet really cool members and people along the way. Gonna be honest I loved it there. Nothing but good things to say about my time there.
Fun, positive environment
Movati was one of the best places to work for a few reasons - the people were number one. From members to staff, this is a community. A very fun and positive environment to work in. Always something to do and quite honestly there are way too many hilarious things that happen in a day to ever be bored. You meet so many different people it is amazing. I really appreciated in e-learning available and the care they seem to take in developing their current staff to higher positions. Can be fairly busy at times but there are quite a few slow periods especially in warmer months. Management was 50/50 where some felt genuine, caring, and supportive whereas others not so much. I'd say 90% of the people here are authentic and genuine, the other 10% is the fake bunch you have to exhaust energy on no matter where you go. Employee discount has SO much room for improvement. Salary/compensation needs to be improved but with that said is still not awful.
Company does not value their staff
Being shut away in an office without any windows with a hive of workers trying to pull in more sales to the club was an extremely depressing and unchallenging environment. You would think a building that represents health would put more consideration in for their staff, not here. Compensation does not reflect the effort you put in, you only get recognized for your hard work if you drink the company koolaid. Pressure is super high.
Shifts are all over the place so forget about having routine in your life or a regular sleep schedule. Even sharks who love sales did not benefit from the commission structure here and quit.

Place is beautiful, but you'll find no enjoyment in the free membership with all the bs you have to put up with 8 hours a day.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
High turnover rate in every department. Poor management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOVATI Athletic. Our community is ready to answer.