Mountainview Residence and Terrace Employee Reviews

3.0Job Security & Advancement
Not a good place to work
Houskeeping (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON13 November 2018
I was told it was a housekeeping position. I had no problem with that but on my first shift found out I would be serving breakfast and lunch as well. In between cleaning toilets! Big yuck. Wasn’t prepared for that! Some residents have allergies which are posted but how do you determine who those people are!?! You work one shift shadowing another person then your on your own. Lots of gossip among staff and too much drama. The cook is downright rude! Coworkers are not helpful. Almost like they want you to fail.
Only plus to this position was meeting some really interesting residents.
Turnover is frequent. Would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Breakfast and lunch is supplied
Cons
Staff and management do not address issues. Never available.
I would not waste time applying for this job.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Geogretown2 February 2018
Went for a interview. I met with the Director Of Care, Care Coordinator and the RPN. I waited for almost 1 hour for them. Then my interview was only 20 minutes or less. The amount of work and cleaning they want completed is a bit much. It was for partime night shift 14.70 an hour. The job sounded more like a maid than a personal support worker.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Low pay, 9 hour night shift
Horrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON17 October 2017
The job is very purposeful, you get a great satisfaction helping and working with the residence, which is the only good part. however staff within the housekeeping department is full of drama, there is a turn over rate that says enough about the place, favouring long time staff is evident there and the job will become stressful for all the wrong reasons. Not a fun place to work if your in the housekeeping department. They have their cleaning staff also serve breakfest and lunch in between cleaning. Yuk. Rules, write ups and decision making made by the managers and summer family are poor. would not recommend you work here or have your loved ones live here. It is family owned and many things will slide under the table. Being treated right in the workplace is important and this place does not offer it.
Fun workplace...longtime employee:)
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON30 September 2017
Amazing workplace..caring for our residents gives me a feeling of joy and happiness as well great respect for the elderly...Together we (residents and staff) are one big happy family..:) The Summer family ( owners ) have the upmost respect for their residents and staff, Great employers..honesty couldn’t ask for any better..
Housekeeping, tending to 18 rooms daily (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON4 September 2017
its a fun job, working with the residence that live become family.
Work independently and as a team. Requires good communication skills.
Good work environment