Mountain West Studios Employee Reviews

2.8Job Security & Advancement
Just Don't
Studio Photographer (Former Employee) –  Alberta18 October 2017
The pay was awful, $30 for travel put fumes in my vehicle. When you're driving to a place like Cranbrook $30 for the day is nothing. When you have to stay overnight in one of the towns you travel to they cover $100 of your hotel, which is nothing nowadays. The food when you're traveling overnight isn't covered, sometimes the only places open when you get there are expensive! You end up paying part of your day wage on food.

Unorganized, which is something photographers shouldn't be, I was getting my schedule days before I was supposed to go to these places. Its hard on your vehicle. Their turnover rate is awful, so many of their photographers don't come back and there's a good reason for that.
Cons
Pay is awful, hard on your vehicle, schedule changes randomly, ext.
Cool Place to Work
Packager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 October 2015
I worked here for a season, and it was a lot of fun. It was a bit stressful because there was so much to be done, but everyone worked well together and it operated like a well-oiled machine. I liked mostly that I got to work by myself, only checking in with a "boss" of our area.

Most people there are extremely friendly and welcoming, but, asI guess with other jobs, some people there had their noses in the air since they'd been with the company since the very beginning.

Overall, though, it's a great place to be.
Pros
work mostly on your own, easy work
Cons
only seasonal.
Great Job with great people to work with.
School Photographer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 February 2015
I was there as a school photographer

The typical day is to show up early, set up, wait for people to come and take their pictures, then a small break and wait for last calls. Generally school staff is really nice when accommodating the photographers.

Managment was great. Equipment maintenance was not as great but I am sure the new management is working on that.

My coworkers were always really friendly and helpful and they really took serious their job.

The hardest part of the job was carrying the portable studio all over the place specially when going to multiple schools in the same day.

I really enjoyed interacting with all the students and just the comodity of a morning shift with good pay.
Pros
Transportation cost is covered
Cons
Only seasonal
productive, organize well and friendly environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 February 2015
It's a good environment, nice peoples, good place to work, light work and learned new things of packaging and shipping. I enjoyed most part are more work to do and do more active job.The manager and staff are very friendly and fun times to talk to.
Fun coworkers
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 April 2014
Trained. worked independently. Multasker.. On the less busy times I worked & did all the packaging on my own
Pros
Flexible hours on the quieter times
Cons
No benefits