Mountain Warehouse
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Mountain Warehouse Pay & benefits reviews

Canada74 reviews
works around class schedule very well and still provided decent amount of hours. the slow paced environment makes it kind of boring but doesn't add stress to school schedules
J'ai eu une mauvaise expérience qui m'a enlever l'envie de travailler en vente au détail, après plus de 8 ans dans le domaine. Ceci dit, Après avoir vu le fonctionnement dans d'autre succursales Mountain Warehouse, je crois que je m'y serais plus ailleurs.
Pros
possibilité d'avancement, vacances payées, formations
Cons
Environnement hostile et compétitif, manque de personnel de soutient
Good for people who are looking for a very very short term job, students who don't really need the job, and people who need a job while job hunting for a better job. Company uses very outdated and old software and technology. Management is horrible, seems to be a pretty high turnover rate as well. Alsoooo, very small team and not enough coverage.
Pros
50 percent staff discount
Cons
Bad management
The company is not bad- they don’t pay well and it’s super slow in all of their locations. But their staff discount is pretty good, 50% off everything including clearence.
Not a very organized company and over stocks all of their stores and wonders why so much gets sent back to the main warehouse. I enjoyed working with my manager. She is no longer there. I would not work for them again because they do not pay there employees what they are worth and raises dont happen at all unless the cost of living in your area goes up.
Gets crazy busy during weekend and holidays, the pay isnt very good but better than other options. good opportunities for advancement, overall not a bad place to work.
I can't complain too much, but I honestly can't recommend this company. The products are cheap and the clientele reflects that. Working with 16-year-old kids comes with a level of uncertainty. I got this job as something to pay the bills while I was in school.
I had worked for this company for almost 3 years and it is so un-organized. They still face the same issues and upper management shows little to no interest in trying to improve it. For example, they don't know how to send a safe amount of stock to stores. A store with a back room that can safely received 60-70 boxes should NOT be receiving 100+ boxes. This has been going on for years, which the DM does not care about. The DM's excuse is, " well all stores in our district are over stocked". They have unrealistic expectations and do not want to give you the support OR the hours to achieve their goals. The DM likes to focus more on threating you with corrective action, rather than actually coach or train you. This company likes to micro manage and it is like you are walking on egg shells. Very toxic environment to work for. Once you are not working out for the DM, she will find anyway to get you out. For example, like cutting your hours. HR is only one person and always takes the side of upper management. They will get you with the wage but will not give you a raise! They expect you to get 100 things done but are not willing to pay overtime. This company DOES NOT CARE for its employees. They are planning to open 3-4 more stores in BC this year, when they barely can run or staff the stores they currently have. Ever since the current DM has started there has been a complete change to ALL members of management in all the stores in BC. What does that say about a company with such a high turn over rate? Do not waste your time with company!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor upper management, poor quality product, does not care about health and safety, high stress
Great company to work for. Lots of hours and great pay. I enjoyed my time working for them and would given the chance again. However, I am looking for a new home base.
This was my first retail experience, to me i just didn't like the atmosphere of a retail store. If i found it more interesting i would say that mountain warehouse is a fun, an educational place to work. you learn about the different outdoor wear and their benefits.
The place is really with all the coworkers. However if you can't support pressure mountain warehouse is not a place for you because you really need a lot of courage and manage to be polyvalent or you are done.
Pros
nice coworkers, bonus during holidays
Cons
long hours, mean and rude customers
Mountain warehouse gave me my first retail experience and it was really helpful. However, they lack in management and treat employees unfairly. For example, I have done managements job and I don't get paid for it.
Pros
Good benefits such as employee discount
Cons
No job advancements/promotions
Working here was good, the co workers and management team were all friendly! The shifts were good mainly consisted of being 5 hours and sometimes 8. The discount here was also good!
Great place to learn and gain some experience.
Long hours during the busiest time of the year.
Some organization from HO still needed.

Overall good place to work.
Pros
50% off product
Cons
Mountain warehouse is flexible with hours because they do not have many to give. The 50% discount is great. I would work there again for the discount. People are decent/.
benefits
Cons
pay
worst company I've ever worked so far.
legal scum!

Low salary, unrealistic goals, rude upper management.

They expect to work like a horse for no compensation for overtime.
Greedy company, no respect! Trust me it's so many places way better.
Pros
discounts
Cons
everything else!
It was a great place to work. Store manager taught me a lot and is very patient. Staff were all friendly. Upper management is where it suffers. They can not decide what they want or need. Sometimes you get two different directions. Starts complaining when things are not done right even though their lack of direction caused it. Human resource team is one of the weakest. No pay raises and no benefits. Some staff have worked for over 2 years and they get no pay raise. They take their staff for granted. Thinking they can be replaced! That is not all they should think.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Weak Upper Management, No Pay Raise, Greedy Company
Working here has given me plenty of experience dealing with people of all ages, backgrounds and lifestyles. The hours given every once in a while could be a bit much or too little but my co-workers were phenomenal to be around. Standards are high, but you get quite a bit of support from your supervisors.
Pros
Great People, Staff Perks
Cons
It's a minimum wage job
I worked there for three months got busy during the Christmas season but lots of work to do. makes the hours go by quickly. when the slow months came there were barely 10 hours a week. pay was good.
Perfect place to kick off your sales career. Friendly staff and management. Good Benefits. Enjoyed working there and got to learn alot more about sales.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Upper management has no idea what they are doing. The micro management is horrendous. You are lucky to get paid on time or the right amount. Horrible scheduling. By far the worst company to work for.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else