Mountain Warehouse

Mountain Warehouse Employee Reviews

Canada72 reviews
good job for a student
works around class schedule very well and still provided decent amount of hours. the slow paced environment makes it kind of boring but doesn't add stress to school schedules
Very negative experience
Racism was very common here. The management of this company is so disorganized, and I spent much of my time as an associate cleaning up the chaos. It was a terribly negative atmosphere. My manager was not nearly as accommodating as she said she would be when she hired me. Supervisors and managers making fun of associates and talking smack about each other was one of the biggest reasons why I would never work here again.
fun
Fun place. Enjoyed team I worked with and the supportive environment. Better opportunity knocked, but I wouldn't hesitate on returning in future if right position opened.
Unorganized
Way too much stock to meet what you sell. You end up transferring so much at the end of the season. Too many cooks in upper management, each one telling you a different way things need to be done.
Do not work for this company!!!!
Unrealistic expectations for the brown nosing DM in Alberta. She back stabbed myself and my assistant and supervisors accused us of a bunch of things when she was a store manager. Once she became a DM for Alberta she couldn’t get me out fast enough because I called her a liar for her accusations she said she was there to help gave ideas but as soon as the head guys came down she told them that she has no idea what I was doing and made myself and the staff all look like idiots
Pros
Discount
Cons
No work life balance, no respect from upper management, etc. Etc.
Job Labour
"THEY NEED TO HIGHER A STOCK PERSON"
It's not right at all for the store clerks to be taking, sorting, putting away the stock for the store by the time they are finished stock taking they are sweaty, tired and exhausted. Also the store wont have enough workers on the floor to assist incoming customers.
fun work environment
All employees treat each other as a friend with respect. The work ethic is good, co-workers are willing to teach and help you when requiring assistance.
Very good
10/10 very well experience within the whole thing. Really good work experience. Would recommend to friends, HR is kind of not great. But the atmosphere is really lovely
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mountain Warehouse?
Went downhill fast
It was a good job at first but the management definitely lack organization, communication and professionalism more often than not. No training for the job, though staff were an excellent bunch to work with. It’s hard when there isn’t really any structured guidelines to follow and empty promises of both hours and advancement in the company.
Toxic Workplace
The district manager always contradicts herself and when she has the time to talk negatively about one of her workers..she will and might add some curses, management at some store locations have no sense of leadership and do not know how to handle tasks and delegation, this is brought by pressure and standards of the district manager who shoves it down their throats. Some coworkers are nice, some supervisors take their job too seriously and power trip when they get a chance. overall would not recommend it. District manager SUCKS
Great Management and Job Culture
It was a delight working at Mountain Warehouse in Square One and everyone carried out their tasks with ease and the management could relate well with the rest of the employees
Pros
Great Management and Great Culture
Overall a terrible working experience
Simply put this is the most underhanded and chaotic company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. Upper management is a disaster and that definitely impacts the culture and morale at store level.
Easy going on sales but managers can vary wildly
Some locations are honestly just fine to work in and have a great team and great managers. Other locations have a good team and poor managers that don't know how to do their jobs or are so headstrong they just think they know what they're doing. It's pretty infuriating to try and sort out but the District Manager is really good.
Pros
Relaxed sales
Cons
Poor management at store level
Very busy and horrible management
Good for people who are looking for a very very short term job, students who don't really need the job, and people who need a job while job hunting for a better job. Company uses very outdated and old software and technology. Management is horrible, seems to be a pretty high turnover rate as well. Alsoooo, very small team and not enough coverage.
Pros
50 percent staff discount
Cons
Bad management
Super slow
The company is not bad- they don’t pay well and it’s super slow in all of their locations. But their staff discount is pretty good, 50% off everything including clearence.
Crowded and unorganized
Not a very organized company and over stocks all of their stores and wonders why so much gets sent back to the main warehouse. I enjoyed working with my manager. She is no longer there. I would not work for them again because they do not pay there employees what they are worth and raises dont happen at all unless the cost of living in your area goes up.
productive and fun work place
the great thing about here is that you get to learn and do all the positions at the store like cashier, sales associate (being on the floor engaging with customers,), stock room, processing orders etc. different tasks through out your time with the company.
Not a good choice of job
Listen to what people are saying it’s all true
Nothing good comes out of working here. So sad how they run this company, no one cares about the situation your in too much stock , no hours to give staff , demands unrealistic!! No perks to this job what’s so ever!! Take our words for it DON’T WORK FOR THEM !! Seriously you will regret waiting your time . They suck you in and disregard you
overall good place to work your way up
Gets crazy busy during weekend and holidays, the pay isnt very good but better than other options. good opportunities for advancement, overall not a bad place to work.
Positive work environment.
Mountain Warehouse Company can support in terms couching in any level to achieve one goal aiming for success with fast growing company, positive environment and having great work ethic is a key to have a successful career.
production and good people
typical work day includes talking to customers , operating cash register , answering questions, achieving set goals, providing consultation to customers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6