Mountain Warehouse

Mountain Warehouse Employee Reviews

Working here as a student was good - management is flexible with your schedule for the most part. You'll work a lot around the holiday season (as expected), but management motivates you to do your best. The only scheduling issue I've seen is that they expect you to slowly open your availability up to work full time hours but still only give you very limited part time hours. Another downside is that I've seen favouritism with managers & staff, so if a key holder or another sales associate is on cash, they can take your sales & there's nothing you can do about it. Then if your sales aren't high enough, management will try to put you through "extra training" because they don't believe that their "work friends" would take another persons sales. The bright side is that you're educated on the sales floor & different things they sell (i.e. hiking shoes, ruck sacks, etc.) so you can take that experience with you to another retail position.
Pros
Discount, Sales/learning experience
Cons
Management playing favourites, low hours
Really got to know everyone I worked with. It became more of a family during the short time that I worked there. More experience people were always more than happy to help or provide advice while working there.
Working at Mountain Warehouse was definitely worth it and helped me to feel comfortable in a sometimes busy store. I had on the job training with amazing people who understood how to handle customers of all kinds. I would recommend applying here if you are not sure if you want to go into retail and would like to test the waters.
Pros
Great people and snacks :)))
Cons
It can be stressful if your not willing to learn, Your coworkers will help you but it's important to want to be helped.
I worked at mountain warehouse for 6 months and was treated horribly. This company treats their staff with disrespect, manipulation and favouritism.There is a reason they can’t keep staff and have a high turnover rate.My tip is don’t apply here unless you are looking to be treated poorly.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Management, being treated poorly, favouritism
Great store to work in! Management cares about staff and making sure they are properly trained. Management is also really understanding about schedules. Good learning environment! Amazing discount, really encourages you to get outdoors more.
Pros
Great management, product knowledge, teamwork
Cons
Sometimes slow
J'ai eu une mauvaise expérience qui m'a enlever l'envie de travailler en vente au détail, après plus de 8 ans dans le domaine. Ceci dit, Après avoir vu le fonctionnement dans d'autre succursales Mountain Warehouse, je crois que je m'y serais plus ailleurs.
Pros
possibilité d'avancement, vacances payées, formations
Cons
Environnement hostile et compétitif, manque de personnel de soutient
Racism was very common here. The management of this company is so disorganized, and I spent much of my time as an associate cleaning up the chaos. It was a terribly negative atmosphere. My manager was not nearly as accommodating as she said she would be when she hired me. Supervisors and managers making fun of associates and talking smack about each other was one of the biggest reasons why I would never work here again.
Fun place. Enjoyed team I worked with and the supportive environment. Better opportunity knocked, but I wouldn't hesitate on returning in future if right position opened.
works around class schedule very well and still provided decent amount of hours. the slow paced environment makes it kind of boring but doesn't add stress to school schedules
Way too much stock to meet what you sell. You end up transferring so much at the end of the season. Too many cooks in upper management, each one telling you a different way things need to be done.
Unrealistic expectations for the brown nosing DM in Alberta. She back stabbed myself and my assistant and supervisors accused us of a bunch of things when she was a store manager. Once she became a DM for Alberta she couldn’t get me out fast enough because I called her a liar for her accusations she said she was there to help gave ideas but as soon as the head guys came down she told them that she has no idea what I was doing and made myself and the staff all look like idiots
Pros
Discount
Cons
No work life balance, no respect from upper management, etc. Etc.
"THEY NEED TO HIGHER A STOCK PERSON" It's not right at all for the store clerks to be taking, sorting, putting away the stock for the store by the time they are finished stock taking they are sweaty, tired and exhausted. Also the store wont have enough workers on the floor to assist incoming customers.
All employees treat each other as a friend with respect. The work ethic is good, co-workers are willing to teach and help you when requiring assistance.
10/10 very well experience within the whole thing. Really good work experience. Would recommend to friends, HR is kind of not great. But the atmosphere is really lovely
It was a good job at first but the management definitely lack organization, communication and professionalism more often than not. No training for the job, though staff were an excellent bunch to work with. It’s hard when there isn’t really any structured guidelines to follow and empty promises of both hours and advancement in the company.
The district manager always contradicts herself and when she has the time to talk negatively about one of her workers..she will and might add some curses, management at some store locations have no sense of leadership and do not know how to handle tasks and delegation, this is brought by pressure and standards of the district manager who shoves it down their throats. Some coworkers are nice, some supervisors take their job too seriously and power trip when they get a chance. overall would not recommend it. District manager SUCKS
It was a delight working at Mountain Warehouse in Square One and everyone carried out their tasks with ease and the management could relate well with the rest of the employees
Pros
Great Management and Great Culture
Simply put this is the most underhanded and chaotic company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. Upper management is a disaster and that definitely impacts the culture and morale at store level.
Some locations are honestly just fine to work in and have a great team and great managers. Other locations have a good team and poor managers that don't know how to do their jobs or are so headstrong they just think they know what they're doing. It's pretty infuriating to try and sort out but the District Manager is really good.
Pros
Relaxed sales
Cons
Poor management at store level
Good for people who are looking for a very very short term job, students who don't really need the job, and people who need a job while job hunting for a better job. Company uses very outdated and old software and technology. Management is horrible, seems to be a pretty high turnover rate as well. Alsoooo, very small team and not enough coverage.
Pros
50 percent staff discount
Cons
Bad management
The company is not bad- they don’t pay well and it’s super slow in all of their locations. But their staff discount is pretty good, 50% off everything including clearence.
  1. Employee reviews