Mount Seymour Resorts Ltd

Mount Seymour Resorts Ltd Employee Reviews

I have worked here for 2 winter seasons and 1 summer season as a lift operator. The resort is family owned and it shows. Management is good. Free skiing and discounts in food, clothing, gear and local stores. This has been one of the most fun jobs I’ve had.
Pros
Free skiing, discounts, management.
Cons
Pay
Overall a very fun mountain to work at. Relaxed, family atmosphere, pretty hands-off management. The mountain is open from 9am-9pm so lessons can run until 6.30pm. The mountain is quite small so maybe not the best if you're an instructor looking to progress your riding skills, but good if you're looking to become dual-certified.
Love my coworkers, but management is disorganized and lacking of communication. The pro's of working in the restaurant are a free staff meal and the best perk of working on the mountain is a free seasons pass.
typical day at work consisted of equipping guests with ski and snowboard equipment in a fast, courteous fashion, keeping track of ski, and snowboard stock.
Pros
free seasons pass
A typical weekend shift at Mount Seymour was fast paced, always different, and sometimes challenging. My morning would always consist of a cash-in as well as preparing the front desk for a busy day. As the different departments and management at this mountain usually fell short in the communication department, difficult situations requiring quick thinking and problem solving would often arise many times during the day. I credit my 6 years at this business for my ability to think on my feet and make decisions when necessary. The workplace culture here was always fun, friendly, and very team oriented. The hardest part of this job was the amount of multi-tasking throughout the day, as well as often dealing with difficult guests and making sure they leave us satisfied. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I was fortunate enough to work with, everyone is happy to be working on the top of a beautiful mountain in Vancouver, the free seasons pass and deals to various mountains around the province didn't hurt either.
Pros
Free season pass
Cons
Typically transient staff