MOUNT SAINT VINCENT UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Mount Saint Vincent University's Conference services is a place your would definitely love to work. It has a good pay.
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 March 2019
Mount Saint Vincent University's conference services has a wonderful management. You get flexible shifts based on your availability. The workplace is a friendly yet professional environment.The most enjoyable part of the job is the relief of getting off work at the end of the day as it can be exhausting. Working over I mostly learnt to work in a team, which I love and also working individually. It gives a good pay depending on the number of shifts you take up. The hardest part of the job is the numerous rooms needed to be cleaned at the end of the day. The coworkers are amiable. We give directions and help to the customers where needed. A typical day at work is getting the moving cart with the cleaning ad stocking it with cleaning supplies, getting the list of of rooms to be cleaned from the front desk, going to the rooms one after the other to remove all dirty linens, and replacing them with clean and new linens, sweeping and mopping the living rooms and washrooms, throwing out the Gabbage, cleaning all mirrors, windows, and dressers, .
learn some different things
COMMUNITY & VOLUNTEER INVOLVEMENT (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 January 2019
I knew how to be a front desk and learned to be good front desk. It's hard to organize people and let them stand in a line. we have to let people to sign their name. We also try to service people.
Enjoyed working with the Deans
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 August 2018
Nice office environment. Always plenty to do with student questions and appointments. The office staff was pleasant and helpful, always willing to jump in when you needed a hand.
They have a standard in place but some departments do not follow the standards.
Administrative Assistant - Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 July 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time at the University especially while working for the Senate and the Women's Studies department. While in financial services the was no adherence by management to the University policies on overtime and flex time. I had excellent exposure to the inner management and administration of an Educational Institution. Working with the students was most enjoyable.
Avoid
Assistant Professor & Graduate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 June 2018
Small and provincial. Little support for younger faculty. All too willing to let them do the grunt work. Committee work is a killer. Students were amazing
Pros
Students
Cons
Everything else
excellent
prep cook and grill cook (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia12 May 2018
the people were great, the staff was great and I enjoyed every minute and everything about the job it almost killed me to leave the place but I I had no choice.
Pros
long hours and great people
Very good
Minor Official (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 April 2018
Did stats for the basketball and volleyball team, set up the gym for the games and I learned how to use computerized stat programs. The boss was very nice.
Teaching and learning promote each other.
Chinese Instructor(Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 March 2018
Each student is an independent individual. The teacher should be good at discovering the strengths of the students and guiding the students in finding the best learning method for them.
A fun place to work
IT&S support technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS9 November 2017
I worked on a temp contract and a work term here, it was a fun place to work with a great management team and staff.

it was a 9-5 job and it was not a bad place to work.
Enjoyed working here.
Hand out bulletins at Graduation Ceremony (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS16 October 2017
I worked here as a casual employee, working as an Usher during their graduation ceremonies. I enjoyed it working here and found them very well organized.
Great, productive and fun environment
Usher (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia6 June 2017
It was a great experience since that was the first time I worked to earn money. The environment was conducive and the people I worked with were great and u understanding.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stood for a while
good place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 March 2017
I do this as more of an unpaid internship. But I hope to get to a paid position perhaps in my fourth year or after completing my bachelors degree. This job offers learned experience and on the job training in psychological research
Fun place to work while being a student
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 August 2016
Worked for three years for the mount and found it to be quite enjoyable. Great group of staff as well as regular customers who made it enjoyable bartending and managing both the pub and store. Hardest part of the job was when it got slow but most enjoyable was seeing when people were out enjoying themselves and the events you've planned.
Excellent university.
Supplementary Chemistry Instructor (Former Employee) –  MSVU1 June 2016
Smaller but highly regarded university - great work atmosphere. Excellent chemistry department. Helping the students to learn chemistry is very rewarding.
Pros
Great to work on campus.
Cons
Low pay.
Respectful Institution
NA (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 September 2014
- Learned a lot
- Enjoyed working there
- Bright supervisors
- Focus on development
Fun place to work
Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia13 September 2014
People are great as long as you don't mind long hours and low pay.

University is managed for the education side but is small and therefore little benefits or ability to move up in the origination.
Pros
Four weeks vacation to start
Cons
no more vacation time / long hours
Really Interesting and fun!
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 June 2014
This job allows one to really use past knowledge, as well as newer knowledge in order to help other students understand course material. Although I worked by myself, it allowed me time to really connect with other students and give them the attention they needed. The hardest part of the job is finding new ways to re-work the course material to accomodate each individual student; however, that also happens to be the best part of the job as well!
Pros
challenging, interesting, fun, interactive.
work at a glance
Web Course Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS27 March 2014
I have honed my customer service skills and am able to assist any customer with their problems/issues. I enjoy working with my co-workers and assisting them and being assisted in the day-to-day workings.
Excellent employer
Part-time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 May 2013
This employer makes part-time, temporary staff feel like part of the family. An encouraging, positive work experience.