MOUNT SAINT VINCENT UNIVERSITY

MOUNT SAINT VINCENT UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Great environment, great benefits and worked Monday- Friday with holidays off.

Supportive staff members and it was easy to get the hand of things.
I learned too many things like how to work with international students from different backgrounds and different cultures. learned how to organize and promote events very effectively. dealing with volunteers and train them.
You get to pick your own hours as a teachers assistant/marker. It is a laid back job. You get to work one-on-one with students - which is great experience if you want to be a teacher.
Great environment and place to work as a research assistant. Enjoyed my time doing research on projects that I have an interest in and a wonderful learning environment.
I worked at Mount Saint Vincent throughout my undergraduate degree and afterward while I was at another school for my Master's. I recommend working at Mont Saint Vincent University.
For the most part the work here is pretty straightforward, although usually reactive. Working class people are nice. Proactive ideas are not paid attention to unless they are brought forward by someone near the top of the food chain.

Management is terrible. We go in one direction for awhile then burn it down and go another way. Not nearly as prosocial as we pretend to be.
• Prepare gowns and hoods for graduating students, Took inventory of gowns and hood upon return.
Organized check out system for gowns and hoods.

be of assistance
It is a temple to students and home to staff. When I was a student or working with the faculty I enjoyed the friendly management and democratic governance of the institution.
Pros
Friendly Governance
Cons
Bad and good mix every where
Mount Saint Vincent University's conference services has a wonderful management. You get flexible shifts based on your availability. The workplace is a friendly yet professional environment.The most enjoyable part of the job is the relief of getting off work at the end of the day as it can be exhausting. Working over I mostly learnt to work in a team, which I love and also working individually. It gives a good pay depending on the number of shifts you take up. The hardest part of the job is the numerous rooms needed to be cleaned at the end of the day. The coworkers are amiable. We give directions and help to the customers where needed. A typical day at work is getting the moving cart with the cleaning ad stocking it with cleaning supplies, getting the list of of rooms to be cleaned from the front desk, going to the rooms one after the other to remove all dirty linens, and replacing them with clean and new linens, sweeping and mopping the living rooms and washrooms, throwing out the Gabbage, cleaning all mirrors, windows, and dressers, .
I knew how to be a front desk and learned to be good front desk. It's hard to organize people and let them stand in a line. we have to let people to sign their name. We also try to service people.
Nice office environment. Always plenty to do with student questions and appointments. The office staff was pleasant and helpful, always willing to jump in when you needed a hand.
Overall I enjoyed my time at the University especially while working for the Senate and the Women's Studies department. While in financial services the was no adherence by management to the University policies on overtime and flex time. I had excellent exposure to the inner management and administration of an Educational Institution. Working with the students was most enjoyable.
Small and provincial. Little support for younger faculty. All too willing to let them do the grunt work. Committee work is a killer. Students were amazing
Pros
Students
Cons
Everything else
the people were great, the staff was great and I enjoyed every minute and everything about the job it almost killed me to leave the place but I I had no choice.
Pros
long hours and great people
Cons
Did stats for the basketball and volleyball team, set up the gym for the games and I learned how to use computerized stat programs. The boss was very nice.
Each student is an independent individual. The teacher should be good at discovering the strengths of the students and guiding the students in finding the best learning method for them.
I worked on a temp contract and a work term here, it was a fun place to work with a great management team and staff.

it was a 9-5 job and it was not a bad place to work.
I worked here as a casual employee, working as an Usher during their graduation ceremonies. I enjoyed it working here and found them very well organized.
It was a great experience since that was the first time I worked to earn money. The environment was conducive and the people I worked with were great and u understanding.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stood for a while
I do this as more of an unpaid internship. But I hope to get to a paid position perhaps in my fourth year or after completing my bachelors degree. This job offers learned experience and on the job training in psychological research
Worked for three years for the mount and found it to be quite enjoyable. Great group of staff as well as regular customers who made it enjoyable bartending and managing both the pub and store. Hardest part of the job was when it got slow but most enjoyable was seeing when people were out enjoying themselves and the events you've planned.