Mount Royal University Employee Reviews for Tutor
Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 82 reviews
Indeed featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
Mount Royal's Language Tutoring position is run through Student Learning Services on campus. First a tutor would attend the training at the beginning of each semester. Then, the tutor is paired with students that need help in the subject that the tutor has requested. When the students are matched they organize a first meeting and discuss the preliminary steps of tutoring such as expectations, scheduling and goals. Then the students meet at pre scheduled times for at least 1 hour per week at a maximum of 2. Each time the tutor would sign in and conduct the session. The hardest part of the job would be working with different personality types and learning styles different from your own. To be successful at this job you must be able to adapt. The hardest part of the job can be the time commitment as well as the students' willingness to learn. If the student isn't succeeding in the course even with the tutoring it can be difficult. Finally the reliability of the job is not really enough to constitute it as a part time position. It should be treated as a contract position. The management team is great a lot of openness and room for feedback from students. Although, the continual changes from year to year will keep you on your toes.
Excellent Training, Staff parties, Student recognition
Now Volunteer, Long training days
Besides excellent professors and courses, there are plenty of opportunities for individuals to engage with student life on campus ranging from varsity sports, to club events, to activities on Main Street.
I specialize in first year accounting and high school mathematics. This job developed my presentation, verbal, and time management skills which will be transferable to future careers.
flexible work hours
Rate your recent company
Share your experience to help others
Help us improve!
Is Indeed your favorite place to learn about companies?
See more Mount Royal University reviews
You may want to try:
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Royal University. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 82 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Mount Royal University
- What is the work environment and culture like at Mount Royal University?5 people answered
- What is Mount Royal University sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?2 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at Mount Royal University?2 people answered
- Can you work remotely at Mount Royal University?2 people answered
- Why would you want to work at Mount Royal University?2 people answered
- What does it cost for staff parking passes?2 people answered
- What are the perks offered by Mount Royal University?2 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of Mount Royal University?One person answered
- What is the vacation policy like at Mount Royal University? How many vacation days do you get per ye…One person answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at Mount Royal University?One person answered
See all questions and answers
Mount Royal University Reviews by Job Title