Mount Royal University

Mount Royal University Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Research Assistant6 reviews
Canada6 reviews
The team of professionals at MRU are patient and willing to assist at any cost. The work environment is one of inclusiveness and allows newcomers to feel welcomed, and everyone is willing to collaborate and build each other up.
Pros
the flexible hours
Cons
timing
The experience of working as a research assistant will be largely dependent on who supervises the research. I had an amazing time, and was able to travel to and present at conferences internationally.
Pros
Travel opportunities.
Cons
Low wages.
Only worked here for a short period of time but the experience was great. Had a research assistant position and the supervisor was awesome to work with. Great feedback, good purpose
Helped out a professor during my college years. Great pay, communication and opportunity.

I would recommend this employer
As a former student at Mount Royal University, I have developed close relationships with my professors, which made it possible for me to be granted the opportunity to work on a peer reviewed journal closely with one of my professors. The professors at this institution are very helpful with helping any students in need. I have attended a few post-secondary institutions in the past and Mount Royal is by far my favorite.
• Typically organize groups of students and get them to sign consent forms for research

• Conduct interview with students

• Analyze journal

• Hardest part of the job was to schedule interview times with professor and the students

• Most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with professor and students and listen to their perspective
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No fixed hours per week