Mount Royal University

Mount Royal University Employee Reviews for Instructor

Instructor12 reviews
Canada12 reviews
As a contractor I have no benefits but as long as I am consistent and effective in my delivery of contract work, I've been able to keep my work with MRU. They are loyal to good workers.

I have been able to contribute to curriculum changes and am heard when I have concerns or ideas.
MRU is a good university that acts on inclusion and diversity. I enjoy teaching at this university. The work place culture celebrates diversity and is open to dialogue and co-constructive learning and teaching practices.
Higher administration at the level of provost, school deans, etc is unstable and always changing. Poor communications with top down micro-management style that makes it very stressful to work here. You also have to be very careful about what you say and do around here, and people get labeled a lot. Management style is bureaucratic and inefficient, any suggestion of change will not be entertained.
Pros
pay
Cons
inefficient managment, job instability, toxic work environment
Great job. Flexible with work hours and work from home. Only a casual job, would love something permanent/full time like this. Pay is minimal being a casual employee.
Fun and professional work environment. I have enjoyed working as an instructor at mount royal univwersity for the past two years and it is worth the challenge required to go through the hiring process.
Everything with Mount Royal is well planned, organized and executed. They treat their staff with respect - whether contract or permanent and the programs they offer really do align with business needs and requirements
Great work environment, supportive colleagues and general sense of camaraderie. Top notch and relevant facilities. Small and manageable class sizes which facilitates great teaching and learning environment.
The business analysis program at Mount Royal is excellent and I was pleased to participate as both a student and as an instructor. Great facilities, excellent instructors, solid learning materials.
Enjoyed interaction with students. Enjoyed BlackBoard and other interactive tools. Offered small and personalized class sizes. Academic staff very approachable.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Parking
Great work-life balance. Some busy times but flexible work schedules. The gym is a fantastic. There's a kids daycare right on campus which many seem to enjoy.
Unfortunately, the day camps have become more difficult to work at for employees. Workplace culture can be bad if you are not on good standing with management.
Awesome Organization to work for. The teaching faculty and coordinator both really enhance the experience. Challenging but very rewarding work.