Mount Royal University Employee Review
Management appear to be self-serving
Not a fun workplace as some management do not appear to care about their employees. Many staff have experienced back-stabbing and basic denial from fellow staff and management.
Ratings by category
In the security department the people I worked with were amazing. They were more like family then coworkers. We worked hard but also shared a lot of laughs.The University feels like a small town of its own and I loved this job.
Staff working there
The management has had issues and now changes for the better
MRU has a very toxic culture and it is very hierarchical. Every Feb-April prepare for cuts and hope your job isn't impacted. The good news is that cuts are never actual business decisions and are personality based. Usually it is the employees that speak up. A lot of people run around with titles and are experts in everything based on their title, but truthfully they know little else.The toxic culture starts at the top and flows down.MRU lacks any real processes and it is very much a juvenile organization with constant politicking and empire building.
Free gym, some really good people
poor management and constant cuts
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Royal University. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 82 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Mount Royal University
- What is the work environment and culture like at Mount Royal University?5 people answered
- What is Mount Royal University sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?2 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at Mount Royal University?2 people answered
- Can you work remotely at Mount Royal University?2 people answered
- Why would you want to work at Mount Royal University?2 people answered
- What does it cost for staff parking passes?2 people answered
- What are the perks offered by Mount Royal University?2 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of Mount Royal University?One person answered
- What is the vacation policy like at Mount Royal University? How many vacation days do you get per ye…One person answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at Mount Royal University?One person answered
See all questions and answers
Mount Royal University Reviews by Job Title