Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries Employee Reviews

Good seasonal position
Seasonal Grounds Keeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
Competitive pay for relatively easy job if you enjoy working outdoors. Compensation is based on seniority but regular duties are not so you may be given harder tasks than your co workers. Management can be hard to work with.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Rain or shine work
Fast mover in a slow industry
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
MPG is moving forward and leading other funeral providers, the environment is friendly and there is a good work life balance..The industry it is in is very conservative so the pace of innovation may be slow for some.
final resting place of deceased
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2013
operating the backhoe and digging graves
dealing with death
team player
locating the grave in the ground
working outside
Good management!
Cemetery Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2012
At my location at Yonge and St Clair, I value the relationships I've built with the managers and certain co-workers. Pay is low but thats not their fault thats the union! Everything else is reasonable.
Great Outdoor Landsaping Position
Landscape Gardener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2012
Mount Pleasant Cemetery was a great seasonal position. The staff were extremely friendly, helpfull and fun to work with.

The schedule was accomidating/flexible to meet personal needs.

Personal safety while operating equipment was important and upheld, and management would go out of their way to provide Personal Protective Equipment.
Pros
outdoor environment, supplied coffee and refresh during breaks.
Cons
8am start
It was a good place to work and we had annual dinners, we dressed up on occasions.
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  East York, ON4 September 2012
A day for me started with distribution of mail to our department's analyst, followed by data entry for various services' from the 4 biggest cemeteries in the organization, receipt of hard copies files for filing and boxing for outside storage facility and H/O's outgoing mail by the end of the day.

I learned about the process of cremation/scattering process, interment/removal. When it comes to this line of industry, people are the same in treating their deceased loved ones.

The management consists of people knowledgeable of the industry and who'd been with the organization for a long period of time. They treat employees with respect.

I have enjoyed working with friends that I have had during my stint with the company.
Pros
we had free lunches after meetings.
Cons
a day's work hours is sometimes not enough and we do not have ot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries. Our community is ready to answer.

Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries Reviews by Location