Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries

Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Fun, Fast and Competitive work place!
- Although it is a casual position, when getting to work it is extremely enjoyable. The workers are great, management is amazing and its a very refreshing work place.
-Can be competitive and overwhelming if you've never worked in the funeral industry

-Everyone is there for everyone

Overall an amazing place to work.
Not all locations created equal
The Mount Pleasant, York, Elgin Mills and Pickering Locations are lovely groups of people with great work environments. Little problems you'd find in any workplace. But the Les Mills and Pine Hills locations are incredibly difficult to work at. Competitive domineering staff with little chance of advancement. Hiring processes for full time jobs are an internal secretive affair and the casual starter jobs provide little hours.
My review
Most people who work there are two faced. I did notice they all where white meaning no colored people. The manager is nice who is never there coz he manages other locations.
good
This is a great place to work...there are many problems and opportunities to get involved in, however the fast pace isn't for everyone. Indeed hires some incredibly smart and motivated people that truly aim to drive value and believe in the mission of helping people get jobs
Great Place to Work
Wonderful place to work with wonderful people. Lots of room for advancements if one wants. Company that treats their employees very well with great compensation.
Funeral Director Assistant
I have been employed by Mount Pleasant Group on-call basis for the last 10 years as a Funeral Director Assistant. I don't have very much interaction with head office as I do with the other locations being on call when needed.
Overall, it's a great company and employees are treated well.

My last 10 years have been very enjoyable, and i have learned many different things relating to the funeral services
Excellent place to work
Worked as a crematorium operator for many years.
Great management team. I was let go due to restructuring. Would return should the right opportunity presents itself.
Great staff and benefits
While being a sensitive industry, Mount Pleasant Group sets up the staff well to succeed. Middle management is supportive and understanding. Unfortunately, upper Management is not (always) the same story. Overall, a great environment to work in. The staff really has each others back and is 110% supportive. Enjoyed my time with them overall.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
high stress
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries?
Great people to work with. Manager was very kind.
Great place to work and learn. Awesome staff. Very welcoming and enjoyable people to work with. Easy going work if you don't mind the funeral industry.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Casual
Good Medium Sized Company
Mount Pleasant Group is very much set in traditional business practices. This has its ups and its downs. While the company could use some fresh technically skilled creatives, they do a wonderful job of keeping their existing employees engaged.
Pros
Benefits, Pension, Job Security, Quality Standards, Honesty
Cons
Slow to implement change, but they mean well.
Good seasonal position
Competitive pay for relatively easy job if you enjoy working outdoors. Compensation is based on seniority but regular duties are not so you may be given harder tasks than your co workers. Management can be hard to work with.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Rain or shine work
Fast mover in a slow industry
MPG is moving forward and leading other funeral providers, the environment is friendly and there is a good work life balance..The industry it is in is very conservative so the pace of innovation may be slow for some.
final resting place of deceased
operating the backhoe and digging graves
dealing with death

team player

locating the grave in the ground

working outside
Good management!
At my location at Yonge and St Clair, I value the relationships I've built with the managers and certain co-workers. Pay is low but thats not their fault thats the union! Everything else is reasonable.
Great Outdoor Landsaping Position
Mount Pleasant Cemetery was a great seasonal position. The staff were extremely friendly, helpfull and fun to work with.

The schedule was accomidating/flexible to meet personal needs.

Personal safety while operating equipment was important and upheld, and management would go out of their way to provide Personal Protective Equipment.
Pros
outdoor environment, supplied coffee and refresh during breaks.
Cons
8am start
It was a good place to work and we had annual dinners, we dressed up on occasions.
A day for me started with distribution of mail to our department's analyst, followed by data entry for various services' from the 4 biggest cemeteries in the organization, receipt of hard copies files for filing and boxing for outside storage facility and H/O's outgoing mail by the end of the day.

I learned about the process of cremation/scattering process, interment/removal. When it comes to this line of industry, people are the same in treating their deceased loved ones.

The management consists of people knowledgeable of the industry and who'd been with the organization for a long period of time. They treat employees with respect.

I have enjoyed working with friends that I have had during my stint with the company.
Pros
we had free lunches after meetings.
Cons
a day's work hours is sometimes not enough and we do not have ot.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries. Our community is ready to answer.
Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries Reviews by Location