Mount Pakenham Employee Reviews

Pretty fun overall
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pakenham, ON8 May 2018
It was a fun job overall, because you never knew what the day would bring, and you meet copious amounts of wonderful people. Plenty of hours to be worked but at times a little off the charts. Some days you get told not to come in until 2, so you are never actually sure of what your hours might be throughout the work week. One thing I had a huge problem with, was being a liftie and not having any sort of "discount" for lunch or hot beverages even after standing outside for 12 hours a day, some days. Another issue was the pay- no sort of benefit, and not much room for advancement in terms of raises and loyalty. After returning for a fourth season, despite mostly loving the job, I did not bother returning. It felt like it was costing me more to get there every day than I was making.
Pros
The skills I learned and the people I met.
Cons
No food discount, no free coffee, no pay raise.
Welcoming Place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pakenham, ON3 October 2017
Amazing staff - very easy going and very welcoming to all customers, overall a great place to work and an even better place to be with family and friends
Pros
Lunches/Dinners taken out of pay so not having to fork out money every shift
Typical day at work
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pakenham, ON7 May 2017
The day would start with a session lead by the older instructors to help the younger instructors become better skiers as well as to learn new teaching methods to further their knowledge and the overall teaching experience that pakenham can provide to their students. Then Their are lessons all day with an hour to half hour lunch break.
Pros
staff food discount for all made goods, free lift pass, access to a special lodge separate from the rest of the customers.
Cons
distance, if teaching young kids high levels of physical labor are required
Great little hill to work at!
Lift operator (Former Employee) –  Pakenham, ON26 April 2017
Overall Mt. Pakenham was a nice place to work. Good team to work with as everyone was pretty friendly. They were pretty good to accommodate schedules, and allowed for faster rotations on those really cold days to help keep you warm.
Pros
Free season pass, helping guests get on the hill.
Cons
Some cold days, other than jacket no other outdoor clothing was provided.
Good if you don't mind the cold
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pakenham, ON17 April 2017
Mount Pakenham Ski Resort is a good place to work when you need a job. I personally have work there for 2 seasons now, and say that the worst part about the job is having to stand outside in the cold all day. I do however think that their management needs a little bit of work. Some of the supervisors have a tendency to disappear when you need them the most and even when radio'd to can take 5-10 minutes to come to the lift. Other then that though I do enjoy the job, being able to make little kids smile and laugh all day, and on the nice days out you wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Pros
Free Seasons Pass
Cons
SLIGHT discount on food, Long hours, Cold
fun workplace with great people
Ski instructor (Current Employee) –  Pakenham, On25 June 2014
awesome people and happy environment.
average 5 hours
work with kids, teens and adults
need to have strong back to help people up
Fun place to work with a lot of well known friendly faces.
Rentals Associate (Former Employee) –  Pakenham, ON3 March 2013
Open up the rental shop and got the equipment ready for the day. As the day progressed I helped the customers get fitted with equipment and fix ours and the customers equipment. I learnt how to properly adjust and fix ski and snowboard equipment. There was usually one manager present but the shop was still organized. Co-workers were people i previously knew which made the job a bit more fun. The hardest part was keeping up with the noon and evening rush, but the best part was working with known employees and customers.
Pros
free lift tickets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Pakenham. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5