Mott Manufacturing Ltd

Mott Manufacturing Ltd Pay & benefits reviews

I thought that Mott Manufacturing ,Ltd was I good work experience for me at the time. I had never worked full time before it give me a good idea of how most factories operate and the employs there where very pleasant to work with.
Pros
On civic holiday everyone in the factory got a free lunch
Cons
On organized due times
Loaded offloading trucks search orders on computer wrote up B.O.L. Also did shipping receiving and material handling throughout the plant. Helped out in other areas of the plant
Pros
Good wage benefits
Cons
this would be a great place to work if management knew what they were doing. I would highly recommend NOT working here. Starting rate of pay is decent if you are in assembly. They do not pay high enough for welders or operators. No job security.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
No job security
I enjoyed my time at Mott. I was always treated respectfully and enjoyed the work I was doing. The pay was good and there was always the opportunity to become certified in other jobs and increase pay level. I liked the people I was working with.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, pension, annual golf tournament
A sense of accomplishment was always an end result. Always getting to learn different processes of the product.Being a part of Mott was an easy transition from the plastics to steel industry. If you wanted to learn a job you never done before, they would give you the opportunity. Company supplied lunches/dinners prior to stat holidays. most people you work with are always helpful.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
the lay offs
Good Place to work Flex time and benefits are a bonus Must be able to adapt and change quickly as the schedule is always being adjusted overtime is available to salary
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Constant scheduling issues
not to bad i enjoyed it was alright working here. factory type work, welding, operators. nights day evening. average pay. okay for a short period of time.
If you are willing to work steady, this is a good place to work. The time goes by quickly. I have learned several different positions and am getting paid a higher rate. The shifts are straight shifts. Job postings are frequent. Friendly people. Lots of company growth, seems pretty stable. We have catered food several times a year. I love the Xmas parties, so does my wife and kids. Proud to work here for many years.
Pros
Higher rate for learning many roles, free food and company events
Cons
A few nay-sayers at company
When you are hired they tell you that you will received enough training to be competant at the job you are assigned for. I was given 2 days in receiving and then thrown to the wolves and told "youll figure it out". Management in that place literally gives you no reason to care about your work when you cant even get a full training period in because the turn over is so high.
Pros
bathrooms were usually clean?
Cons
management, job, wages, benefits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mott Manufacturing Ltd?
Loved when I started. Company has grown beyond scope of current management. Lots of repetitive issues in design and quality which management seems to make no effort to fix. Frustrating work environment with lots of finger pointing. Daily struggle to maintain steady work, obtain standard parts, and get answers from superiors. Managements main daily concern is always dollar value.
Pros
Decent wage, average benefits, profit sharing
Cons
Low quality, repetitive issues, frequent lack of work.
Low salary for welders. production environment, favoritism with some employees regardless of skill. Management is not involved. supervisors lie. They laid off a guy I knew who worked there after 20 years for no reason , with no package so if you think your getting a retirement deal your not. They also refused to give me a reference after working there, wouldn't even return my call! I DO NOT RECOMEND
Pros
clean
Cons
Repetitive, low pay, poor management
I worked in stainless steel as a metal finisher. I ground,buffed and finished fume hoods,counter tops,dog kennels and some military projects(unable to disclose exact product) after the welders had welded there product. I also worked in cabinet making and on the saw in spare time when work was slow in my department. I learned so much from Mott that I am able to take to future jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job was waking up everyday and being happy to go to work because I loved what I did .
Pros
benefits, profit sharing, pension plan, free lunches