Mott Manufacturing Ltd
Mott Manufacturing Ltd Employee Review

Decent wage and steady work. Ongoing quality and design issues.

3 May 2017
Loved when I started. Company has grown beyond scope of current management. Lots of repetitive issues in design and quality which management seems to make no effort to fix. Frustrating work environment with lots of finger pointing. Daily struggle to maintain steady work, obtain standard parts, and get answers from superiors. Managements main daily concern is always dollar value.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Decent wage, average benefits, profit sharing
Cons
Low quality, repetitive issues, frequent lack of work.
8 August 2020
Same roleSame location
Lead Hand (Former Employee) - Brantford, ON
I spent over 10 years working at Mott. I was highly respected and well liked by most. I was promoted quickly and excelled in my role. I saved the company a lot of money through numerous product and process improvements. I was quality minded, highly reliable and hard working. However, there was no support from management in dealing with any of the issues. My position became very stressful and frustrating. I spent my last few years asking my manager to demote me, and nothing. Frustration built and I became bitter over time. The Supervisor and HR Head worked together to have me terminated. It was unfair and showed a lack of respect and appreciation for my decade of dedication. If you decide to work at Mott, accept it for what it is and don't try to improve things.
Pros
Great coworkers on Shift 2
Cons
No support from management
26 February 2020
Same location
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) - Brantford, ON
Loaded offloading trucks search orders on computer wrote up B.O.L. Also did shipping receiving and material handling throughout the plant. Helped out in other areas of the plant
Pros
Good wage benefits
24 February 2020
Same location
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) - Brantford, ON
It's a fun place to work. There's lots to learn for new engineers/designers. Quite a few automation machines. There is enough work to keep everyone busy every single day and opportunities to make improvements.
  1. Decent wage and steady work. Ongoing quality and design issues.