Mott Manufacturing Ltd Employee Reviews

Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 September 2018
I enjoyed my time at Mott. I was always treated respectfully and enjoyed the work I was doing. The pay was good and there was always the opportunity to become certified in other jobs and increase pay level. I liked the people I was working with.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, pension, annual golf tournament
excellent product, great pay
Turret and Brake Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 July 2018
A sense of accomplishment was always an end result. Always getting to learn different processes of the product.Being a part of Mott was an easy transition from the plastics to steel industry. If you wanted to learn a job you never done before, they would give you the opportunity. Company supplied lunches/dinners prior to stat holidays. most people you work with are always helpful.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
the lay offs
Good Place To Work
Product Designer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 July 2018
Good Place to work
Flex time and benefits are a bonus
Must be able to adapt and change quickly as the schedule is always being adjusted
overtime is available to salary
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Constant scheduling issues
great place good people
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 June 2018
I worked at Mott for a few years and have only good things to say, positive and honest people I would sent anybody there and hope for the best fit posissible
not bad
Electrical/Plumbing Installer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 April 2018
not to bad i enjoyed it was alright working here. factory type work, welding, operators. nights day evening. average pay. okay for a short period of time.
Good steady employer
Labourer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 October 2017
If you are willing to work steady, this is a good place to work. The time goes by quickly. I have learned several different positions and am getting paid a higher rate. The shifts are straight shifts. Job postings are frequent. Friendly people. Lots of company growth, seems pretty stable. We have catered food several times a year. I love the Xmas parties, so does my wife and kids. Proud to work here for many years.
Pros
Higher rate for learning many roles, free food and company events
Cons
A few nay-sayers at company
Management has no clue
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 October 2017
When you are hired they tell you that you will received enough training to be competant at the job you are assigned for. I was given 2 days in receiving and then thrown to the wolves and told "youll figure it out". Management in that place literally gives you no reason to care about your work when you cant even get a full training period in because the turn over is so high.
Pros
bathrooms were usually clean?
Cons
management, job, wages, benefits
not a good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 September 2017
good bunch of guys to work with... but owner and management have no clue how to run a company... i worked on the weekends and this company never held any team building events for the guys on the weekend shift.. but surely did foe everyone else on days and afternoons
Pros
the pay
Cons
one hour break for twelve hour shift
Decent wage and steady work. Ongoing quality and design issues.
LEAD HAND (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 May 2017
Loved when I started. Company has grown beyond scope of current management. Lots of repetitive issues in design and quality which management seems to make no effort to fix. Frustrating work environment with lots of finger pointing. Daily struggle to maintain steady work, obtain standard parts, and get answers from superiors. Managements main daily concern is always dollar value.
Pros
Decent wage, average benefits, profit sharing
Cons
Low quality, repetitive issues, frequent lack of work.
DO NOT RECOMEND boring, repetitive, poor management
welder fitter (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 March 2017
Low salary for welders. production environment, favoritism with some employees regardless of skill. Management is not involved. supervisors lie. They laid off a guy I knew who worked there after 20 years for no reason , with no package so if you think your getting a retirement deal your not. They also refused to give me a reference after working there, wouldn't even return my call! I DO NOT RECOMEND
Pros
clean
Cons
Repetitive, low pay, poor management
A highly competitive steel manufacturer of steel furniture products.
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 December 2016
Steel fabrication company that is fast pase with potential to advance. A producer of steel cabinet's for hospital and laboratory furniture.
Pros
There is a company pension plan.
Cons
There is the chance of work shortages and lay off periods.
overall good solid employer
Team-Leader Salvagnini (CNC equipment) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 June 2016
Most of my Mott Experience has been great, I have enjoyed stable employment and experienced multiple promotions. I don't dislike anyone on a personal level, but see numerous difficulties and challenges brought about by rapid growth in the business. It is fair to say that the management has embarked on an extensive training and re-organization of resources to improve upon any such weaknesses. I enjoy my own group of staff tremendously, but have found myself repeatedly in conflict with other leadership styles that cannot seem to agree to a set of priorities. Again to be fair, this is a problem that upper management is attempting to resolve with training and team-building exercises.
Pros
3 day weekend
Cons
bad shift
Very Productful and a great enviroment with good people
Operator/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 January 2016
Mott Manufacturing was a great place to work, there was always work, and you were never confused or didn't know what to do or how to do it. Mott would always have each and every employee trained properly and as needed for the job they were assigned to.
The management was really well taken care of and they were pretty good with there employees, always treated you fairly.
Pros
Lots of work, Good people, Good Boss, Great job, good money
Cons
The type of shifts that were mandatory, The job i worked was very unsafe
management is not fair
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 March 2015
The people that have worked here have been there for years and management lets them run the company. Definitely a low rate for this company
Excellent company to work for. Great opportunities and experience gained.
Metal Finisher (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 May 2014
I worked in stainless steel as a metal finisher. I ground,buffed and finished fume hoods,counter tops,dog kennels and some military projects(unable to disclose exact product) after the welders had welded there product. I also worked in cabinet making and on the saw in spare time when work was slow in my department. I learned so much from Mott that I am able to take to future jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job was waking up everyday and being happy to go to work because I loved what I did .
Pros
benefits, profit sharing, pension plan, free lunches
enjoy working here
Senior Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 February 2014
enjoyed working at mott and received a lot of training through company advancement. management was easy to work with as I met with them weekly via company comittees
A good place to work with decent pay.
Fume Hood Assembler (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 January 2014
I enjoy working at Motts and would not consider leaving, except I am on the 3 PM till 11:30 PM afternoon shift and due to personal reasons would prefer a job working days.
A good company to work with
Sheet Metal and Laboratory Furniture Designer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 October 2013
40 hours a week with flexible working hours.
There are a lot of work to do which keep you busy, at the same time you can learn many things.
Management is professional.
Co-workers are nice and helpful.
The challenging part of the job is tight schedule.
The enjoyable part is that when you meet the schedule.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Very tight schedule