Mott Manufacturing Ltd

Mott Manufacturing Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
It's a fun place to work. There's lots to learn for new engineers/designers. Quite a few automation machines. There is enough work to keep everyone busy every single day and opportunities to make improvements.
I spent over 10 years working at Mott. I was highly respected and well liked by most. I was promoted quickly and excelled in my role. I saved the company a lot of money through numerous product and process improvements. I was quality minded, highly reliable and hard working. However, there was no support from management in dealing with any of the issues. My position became very stressful and frustrating. I spent my last few years asking my manager to demote me, and nothing. Frustration built and I became bitter over time. The Supervisor and HR Head worked together to have me terminated. It was unfair and showed a lack of respect and appreciation for my decade of dedication. If you decide to work at Mott, accept it for what it is and don't try to improve things.
Pros
Great coworkers on Shift 2
Cons
No support from management
Loaded offloading trucks search orders on computer wrote up B.O.L. Also did shipping receiving and material handling throughout the plant. Helped out in other areas of the plant
Pros
Good wage benefits
Cons
I thought that Mott Manufacturing ,Ltd was I good work experience for me at the time. I had never worked full time before it give me a good idea of how most factories operate and the employs there where very pleasant to work with.
Pros
On civic holiday everyone in the factory got a free lunch
Cons
On organized due times
Toxic work environment from bottom to top. Nobody in the management "team" has seen the inside of a reputable or properly run manufacturing enterprise, and they are not at all interested in stepping up their game. I don't have time to list the idiotic things that go on here. Just don't bother.
After putting 6 years at mott, my overall experience was not pleasant. When i first started the company was great. Good pay for the work you do, great environment. Everyone was friendly and helpful and it was very laid back.

In recent years however, this has all went downhill very quickly. The company implemented a “dollar value system” which pushes employees to work harder so that the companies daily output is at its highest. The problem is that now instead of following the schedule and completeing orders on time, upper management pushes orders with hugh money value so that they look good at the end of the day. Then two days later theres 3-4 “rush jobs “ that need to be on a truck in 2 hours so you better get it done right jow!! Management has done nothing to absolve this issue and point fingers at the hard working employees. On too of that, higher positions such as welders and machine operators are sent to peel stainless and other tedious general labour jobs because “thats what they need to get the money today”

The company has lost its organization skills and now has since fired and permanently laid off good workers to cover their losses. Do yoursef a favour abd apply elsewhere
If you need job security look elsewhere. If you get injured they will wait for the next "restructuring" and you'll be gone. So of course they are constantly looking for workers. Don't waste your time.
Amazing workers
Loves the hours

Great work environment

Always willing to answer questions

Friendly staff in each department

Wish my placement didnt end
The most degrading culture in a workplace ever. They strive to be "employer of choice" however have no problem making employees feel like complete scum. Nothing is ever good enough for them.

They introduced an "Employee Task Force" to make staff feel like they matter, yet the entire group that was selected is management and their pets who have nothing to complain about, therefore nothing changes. Its all a huge joke.

They have been struggling recently so morale is at an all time low with daily lay-offs, etc. Want proof? Notice there are no current job postings? Its unfortunate as they have the potential to be an incredible work place, but until management is held accountable and legitimate changes are introduced, it will continue to be a sinking ship.
Pros
Flex Hours, Profit Sharing, Free Lunches
Cons
Management, No job security, Culture
Over all Mott has been a nightmare to work for. The management do not care at all about the works on the floor there are many examples I will list a couple. the safety staff were caught red handed falsifying paperwork on how hot it was in the building. So they would have to send people home due to how hot it was, when they were challenged on this two other individuals had to go around and take temperature readings. with the result that it was way too unsafe to be working in the building.
When a work place injury happens they don't help you heal properly. there are people on heavy pain killers there just so they can go to work everyday. Mott does not care for their workers.
Mott Mfg. could be an excellent place to work if not for a very small group of incompetent, weak, narcissistic people who are only there to fill the emptiness inside them by singling out people for their own narcissistic supply. This company does not value its workers or their concerns. The perception and feeling I received from upper management was that I should be lucky to be working there. The lack of empathy is palpable.

There are a handful of good supervisors and one floor manager in particular who is reasonable and understanding. The other floor manager is vindictive, malicious and totally incompetent who creates more problems than solutions. A complete narcissist who has upper management fooled.

I worked under both floor managers. They are completely different people. One is good. The other has no soul.
Pros
Some good people. Consistent and easy work. Decent pay.
Cons
There are many.
this would be a great place to work if management knew what they were doing.
I would highly recommend NOT working here.

Starting rate of pay is decent if you are in assembly.

They do not pay high enough for welders or operators.

No job security.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
No job security
A typical day at Mott Manufacturing is an overall success, you feel like you've accomplished the work you were expected to by the quotas and the employers expectations.
Pros
Great West Life Insurance.
Cons
Job Advancement
I enjoyed my time at Mott. I was always treated respectfully and enjoyed the work I was doing. The pay was good and there was always the opportunity to become certified in other jobs and increase pay level. I liked the people I was working with.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, pension, annual golf tournament
A sense of accomplishment was always an end result. Always getting to learn different processes of the product.Being a part of Mott was an easy transition from the plastics to steel industry. If you wanted to learn a job you never done before, they would give you the opportunity. Company supplied lunches/dinners prior to stat holidays. most people you work with are always helpful.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
the lay offs
Good Place to work
Flex time and benefits are a bonus

Must be able to adapt and change quickly as the schedule is always being adjusted

overtime is available to salary
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Constant scheduling issues
I worked at Mott for a few years and have only good things to say, positive and honest people I would sent anybody there and hope for the best fit posissible
not to bad i enjoyed it was alright working here. factory type work, welding, operators. nights day evening. average pay. okay for a short period of time.
If you are willing to work steady, this is a good place to work. The time goes by quickly. I have learned several different positions and am getting paid a higher rate. The shifts are straight shifts. Job postings are frequent. Friendly people. Lots of company growth, seems pretty stable. We have catered food several times a year. I love the Xmas parties, so does my wife and kids. Proud to work here for many years.
Pros
Higher rate for learning many roles, free food and company events
Cons
A few nay-sayers at company
When you are hired they tell you that you will received enough training to be competant at the job you are assigned for. I was given 2 days in receiving and then thrown to the wolves and told "youll figure it out". Management in that place literally gives you no reason to care about your work when you cant even get a full training period in because the turn over is so high.
Pros
bathrooms were usually clean?
Cons
management, job, wages, benefits
good bunch of guys to work with... but owner and management have no clue how to run a company... i worked on the weekends and this company never held any team building events for the guys on the weekend shift.. but surely did foe everyone else on days and afternoons
Pros
the pay
Cons
one hour break for twelve hour shift