Motor Coach Industries

Motor Coach Industries Employee Reviews

Pretty good environment.
If you like working with tools it’s pretty easy.

Overwhelming amount of Filipino people there for some reason. I was the only white guy quite often and couldn’t understand anybody, wasn’t really a big deal to me personally but annoying at times.
I painted and it was the worst set up ever as I've painted at multiple jobs. We prepared the fiberglass parts over and over before we could actually spray then and they still turned out to be junk
Enjoyed working here. Great opportunities for learning new skills from experienced employees. Given the opportunity to work on various projects. Vary inclusive company. Team work encouraged. Did not have a bad experience at the company.
Its a good company to work and study as well/ If anybody has good intention to learn and work. This is the best place for that/ senior staff is always helpful.
Fast paced work environment with waves of work pace up and down. pace depends on products sold and how much demand there are for the products. Management depends on the manager.
this was not my kind of job. did not enjoy being inside of a warehouse for eight to ten hours a day, essentially doing the same thing over and over until we were let go
This place ended up being quite a joke. They hired way too many inexperienced kids to do professional jobs in the process throwing them under the bus. They hired me as a senior refinisher and we’re wanting me To do things like 45 day inspections on buses which I have no knowledge or experience in doing. It is something that a painter does not do. This is just one of many problems that arose during the 13 months I was there until I was able to find another job in another location.
They made me do two shift work in one shift,just because I wanted to play badminton in the evening, everybody built one file tank in a shift but I had to build 2 in one shift .I have done industrial ,supervision at red river comunity college but people I trained were promoted ,to be promoted you have to be related to higher ups and u don't have to know nothing.
Good workplace to start, shift work, all cultures seen here, which is great.You get to learn on a lot of machines, also cross training if you ask for it, many different departments skills of work.
The people are good to work with, but a lot of changes have happened since the company was purchased by New Flyer. With the consolidation of the after market operations, changes in management have made a significant impact on morale.
Always part shortages bad inventory and ordering and all the new younger hires are getting the easy jobs while the other employees are doing all the fast pace and physically demanding work
everything was due yesterday quota system was foolish as was tying cleanups to a job raises. some of the biggest Idiots I have ever worked for. if you like gummbies for managers you will like mci.
The management is poor and they do spread rumors to throw people under the bus if you do better work then they do. They try to make you look stupid. They have some favorites there and the place is really out of control. The department of labor really needs to look at this place. They get rid of people for the most stupidest reasons. Most speak spanish there. I strongly recommend you dont work for this place. I did and I regretted it after the first week.
It has been a few years, but I saw a contract engineer fired for being overweight, but they just called him in his hotel room and said c'ya. Literally. The VP operations thought a PFMEA and root cause analysis is the same. They put hundreds of washers on these busses because the frames are twisted out of the Canada plant, and they wouldn't fix the real problem. They intentionally created a complicated Engineering Change process because they don't want to fix existing product designs, they want to focus on new versions (with the same old problems. When I called around for housing, an apartment manager told me to not get a lease, the company hires and fires quickly and on a whim.. She was right.
Pros
Very nice people in the area
Cons
Seriously, who wants to be cheap labor for Canadians?
Driveaway Driver. OTR Driver. Learned more about good safety habits while transporting large vehicles. Hardest part of job is Weather. Less enjoyable is no stability, no benefits, no promotions. Enjoyable the Travel and Logging.
Watch yourself! At a starting pay of $16.15 per hour, it isn't worth getting out of bed to drive all that distance to get there. Thanks, but no thanks, as I worked for a company that was a battleground the moment I walked in the door in the morning.
Pros
Plug in for vehicles in the winter.
Cons
Pay is dismal, considering how much a new bus goes for.
I got a lot of experience with this job. Had to travel 10 weeks to Chicago. They moved the Corporate office to Louisville. We had to learn the Accounting/Payroll functions.
Pros
Loved all the new experiences.
Cons
Out of date system. Very outdated. Too much manual work.
Very poorly ran. Managers all over the map. Has great potential, but management just don't care. Seen a poor kid get canned right before his probation was up, no warning at all. Just a stressful job. They don't pay enough to put up with the nonsense. As a mechanic, you will be washing buses and emptying out the lavatories. Very silly, managers sit in the box all day looking at the cameras. Judging everything you do.
Pros
Free coffee and water
Cons
Stressful
We accomplished some pretty amazing things as a team at MCI. We pooled our experience to improve each other as techs mechanics and body techs working together . We had a great relationship in and out of work really pushed each other to be better.
Pros
great benefits pay and culture
Cons
closed the facility
I really liked working at Motor Coach. Coworkers got along. A lot of teamwork. The hardest part of the job was there were not enough hours in the day.
I spend 18 years doing production welding. there is a fair amount of room for advancement should a person be a little aggressive and wanting to move ahead, they do have several skilled trade positions and a lot of general labor as well.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motor Coach Industries. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5