Motor Coach Industries
Motor Coach Industries Employee Review

Welding departments

24 November 2017
Myself and others in my department were hired as aluminum TIG welders but we all did SS MIG welding on jigs. The aluminum department they claim to be hiring for consists of about 5 percent of all the welding they do. Don't expect to do aluminum welding until your seniority is high enough to transfer to such a cushioned work environment. My team leader showed zero initiative and was appointed by the super intendant who had decades of experience in the spineless art of micro-management.
If you decide to work here they will try to save money by making you wear a respirator instead of showing a shred of humanity by making your job more comfortable. No worries, when they give you a suction test to find your respirator size, you can secretly let out tiny bits of air from your mouth to trick the system into thinking it's leaking from where the respirator contacts your face. If they can't find a respirator size that fits than they have to give you a supplied air helmet. You're welcome.
Pros
Supplied air helmets, good coworkers
Cons
bad management
28 November 2019
Same roleSame location
All Rounder welder (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
They made me do two shift work in one shift,just because I wanted to play badminton in the evening, everybody built one file tank in a shift but I had to build 2 in one shift .I have done industrial ,supervision at red river comunity college but people I trained were promoted ,to be promoted you have to be related to higher ups and u don't have to know nothing.
2 September 2019
Same roleSame location
Welder (Current Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Always part shortages bad inventory and ordering and all the new younger hires are getting the easy jobs while the other employees are doing all the fast pace and physically demanding work
29 May 2020
Same location
CAA (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Pretty good environment.
If you like working with tools it’s pretty easy.

Overwhelming amount of Filipino people there for some reason. I was the only white guy quite often and couldn’t understand anybody, wasn’t really a big deal to me personally but annoying at times.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motor Coach Industries. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5