Motion Canada Employee Reviews

not a great place
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Alberta edmonton16 July 2019
Not a fun place where management treats you more like numbers than people.
Terrible management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 June 2019
The only thing that will keep you at this job is the people you work with there. Management has all the rules they dont abide by like wearing proper safety equipment, apparently they dont need to in the warehouse. Not family oriented as I almost lost my job twice because my child was very Ill. It's a fun job if you like to be active and they have great rrsps but other than that, the stress levels just arent worth it.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Horrible management
Great until USA bought the company
Inside\Outside sales , Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  nanimo23 October 2018
underpaid since motion took over from BC Bearing. 8 hour work day and lunch at the desk . management is very poor and lack training . lack of training for employees
IP/PPE Specialist, Atlantic Canada (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 September 2018
Worked with management to set realistic goals regarding sales increases, product selection and customer targets. I was given the responsibility to meet these goals which I liked very much. Monthly meetings to discuss progress etc.
Enjoyable job; poor management
Inside sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2018
Hard to advance, management tends to turn a blind eye to issues. Raises are hard to come by. Work hard for little to no recognition.

Aside from that- the scope of work is interesting. Very busy office. Lots to learn. Great coworkers. Very flexible with appts and vacation time.
Bonne employeur
Conseiller aux services à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC5 April 2018
Travaille très routinier , pour ceux qui aime la stabilité.
Racist place
Picker and Reciever (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2017
I Got this job through an agency. Some of my coworkers were very nice and some were very shady especially management. I did not get along very well with the fake people. people (mostly black) would get fired at anytime for little to no reason at all. for the couple months I work there all I seen get fired were blacks.
Pros
can be fun place if youre with the right people
Cons
racist managment
Not a company you should intend to stay at forever. Poorly managed.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC29 September 2017
Management at both locations I worked at were terrible. Poorly ran locations.
Benefits were alright, but not the best. Salary was impossible to receive more even if you put 110% in every day.
Pros
Good benefits and wages
Cons
Poor management
Hard Work and Good People
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2017
Fast pace and physical work. Good support structure. Very forgiving of mistakes and accidents until they become constant. Extremely diverse work environment.

Hiring is a slow process, most new staff is through temp agencys.

Potluck lunches every so often are great.

Management will help you as much as they can even when going through personal problems. If you work hard you will be rewarded in various ways.

I enjoy my work and especially my coworkers. They make the days worth it.
Distasteful
Worker (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada18 July 2017
Workers are great.The support for data is great. The things said to your face are not true. The do not support you at all do not have a safety violation no matter how small.The company policy is to not call you back. These American companies are all doing this.
Pros
Most workers are great
Cons
Not safe to work for them unless you like a knife in your back
Productive and fast paced
Engineering Assistant(Co-op placement) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 June 2017
There is always a friendly atmosphere present. The employees are always joking around and enjoying themselves while still staying productive and getting their tasks completed. There is a very well structured management system set in place that is easy going. But when mistakes are made they are dealt with quickly and thoroughly to prevent the same mistakes from happening again. From this job i was able to gain knowledge and experience with SolidWorks as well as real life experience on how objects go from the designing stage to the manufacturing stage.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere with frequent community events happening.
Cons
Long hours spent at a desk.
Specialist
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alberta12 May 2017
Not a good company(Specially on branch I'm working at) to work with. Employee were being take advantage on what they can do professionally especially during economic downturns.Benefits were ok but beyond the skills set bring to the company is not worth it. Goals set were being ask and this were being met at the end of the fiscal year. At the end of the day promises were broken leaving you behind.
Great Opportunities
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
Started out in receiving moved to shipping and moved onto picking at a very fast rate. If they see you are a hard worker they make you feel appreciated for your efforts. Always had a great time working even when it was super busy. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone I know.
Pros
You feel appreciated
Cons
Sometimes management wont take your issues seriously
shipping/receiving
Forklifr operator/shipper-reciever (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 January 2017
monday to friday
helping customers
building pallet racking
bin locating product
building maintenance
Pros
work with good people
Cons
dirty work
liked working there with good people
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2016
I worked with people who are not team players. I believe and learned in working as a team on getting the job done. I love the work if its labor or office side. enjoy the challenges.
Pros
enjoy the work
Cons
warehouse to small
Équipe très dynamique et environnement agréable
Stage compléter Motion Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2016
Je recommande cet endroit. J'effectuais des dessins de détails de vérins hydraulique et plusieurs autres pièces. Les journées passaient rapidement. J'ai beaucoup aimer mon stage au sein de cette équipe.
Pros
travail intéressant
Cons
aucun
Multinationale du groupe GPC avec une très forte structure opérationnelle
Spécialiste en manutention (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC11 January 2016
Motion Industries est dotée du meilleur système opérationnel de l'industrie de la distribution en Power Transmission. Celui-ci assure un suivi serré des ventes à la clientèle, intégrant la marchandise en main de tout le réseau en temps réel avec accès direct aux inventaires des fournisseurs, suivi achats ainsi qu'une mise à jour des recevables pour chaque client. Le directeur de succursale est assisté par un tableau bord personnalisé à son centre profit démontrant les résultats des ventes quotidiennes pertes et profits, inventaire et poste de revenu et dépenses
Belle entreprise pour faire carrière
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Lanaudière8 October 2015
Emplois de carrière pour représentant responsable dans l'industrie
Nice place to work
INVENTORY (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON6 October 2014
The people are nice and the pay's good. All in all it's a decent place to work, considering the pay's not very good in North Bay.
Pros
no excessive supervision
Cons
dirty environment
Great Company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitimat, BC6 June 2014
Training is high quality, really invest in there people. Management is very open and approachable. Overall I don't have anything negative in my time with the company.
Pros
training
Cons
Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motion Canada. Our community is ready to answer.