Motion Canada

Motion Canada Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
It is a good place to work at with flexible hours and guaranteed hours ..however pay increase is difficult to come by ...management hardly consider the grievances of employees and as such many employees feel they don’t matter..
Pros
Guaranteed hours
Cons
Tough with getting a pay raise
I love all the people who work with me and I get along with other departments very well. Even when I'm having a bad day and I'm grumpy the management puts up with me...lol..and I can be difficult sometimes I know. They are all just awsome people and I consider them an extension of my family.
Pros
Work environment is so great
Cons
Sometimes they ask me to do things I don't really like, Which I understand has to be done sometimes, I would put up a fuss but they know im going to do the job to my best ability regards
- Terrible working environment with no support from management.
- Little training before thrown into very stressful situations

- No support from upper management

- High stress environment
Pros
dress is causual
Cons
expectations were high with no training
Did my millwright apprenticeship at their Techcan location I learned so much there in a small amount of time which led me onto an amazing career in the mining field services sector. Everything I learned there pertains to a vast variety of different jobs I do now and I have the knowledge to excel in the industry because I worked here would absolutely recommend to any apprentice millwright coming up you will learn so much here and excel in any industry
Loved the job by being productive with the team that take care of each others. Job was clean and safe by communication and respected with each others by knowing our task and to trust ourselves by ensuring that we are comfortable with our position.
Motion was a very interesting place to work, the corporate culture wanted to see you better yourself but sometimes at a regional level it struggled with this.
With the changes in the industrial market job security is less than it used to be but for a hard working driven person there are lots of opportunities to move within Motion.
I enjoyed working here. Great people, great customers. It was a fast paced job a lot of the time, and lots of different products to learn about. Always something new.
Une grande entreprise avec de beaux produits mais a un petit défaut de gestion au pres des employés.
Pros
beau défi
Cons
Bas salaire, gestion
Management was good when I got hired, then the ops manager quit as well as the branch manager. Downhill from there. Pay is decent but low for the industry
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Low pay, no leadership
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Motion Canada?
Not a fun place where management treats you more like numbers than people.
The only thing that will keep you at this job is the people you work with there. Management has all the rules they dont abide by like wearing proper safety equipment, apparently they dont need to in the warehouse. Not family oriented as I almost lost my job twice because my child was very Ill. It's a fun job if you like to be active and they have great rrsps but other than that, the stress levels just arent worth it.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Horrible management
underpaid since motion took over from BC Bearing. 8 hour work day and lunch at the desk . management is very poor and lack training . lack of training for employees
Worked with management to set realistic goals regarding sales increases, product selection and customer targets. I was given the responsibility to meet these goals which I liked very much. Monthly meetings to discuss progress etc.
Hard to advance, management tends to turn a blind eye to issues. Raises are hard to come by. Work hard for little to no recognition.

Aside from that- the scope of work is interesting. Very busy office. Lots to learn. Great coworkers. Very flexible with appts and vacation time.
Travaille très routinier , pour ceux qui aime la stabilité.
I Got this job through an agency. Some of my coworkers were very nice and some were very shady especially management. I did not get along very well with the fake people. people (mostly black) would get fired at anytime for little to no reason at all. for the couple months I work there all I seen get fired were blacks.
Pros
can be fun place if youre with the right people
Cons
racist managment
Management at both locations I worked at were terrible. Poorly ran locations.
Benefits were alright, but not the best. Salary was impossible to receive more even if you put 110% in every day.
Pros
Good benefits and wages
Cons
Poor management
Fast pace and physical work. Good support structure. Very forgiving of mistakes and accidents until they become constant. Extremely diverse work environment.

Hiring is a slow process, most new staff is through temp agencys.

Potluck lunches every so often are great.

Management will help you as much as they can even when going through personal problems. If you work hard you will be rewarded in various ways.

I enjoy my work and especially my coworkers. They make the days worth it.
Workers are great.The support for data is great. The things said to your face are not true. The do not support you at all do not have a safety violation no matter how small.The company policy is to not call you back. These American companies are all doing this.
Pros
Most workers are great
Cons
Not safe to work for them unless you like a knife in your back
There is always a friendly atmosphere present. The employees are always joking around and enjoying themselves while still staying productive and getting their tasks completed. There is a very well structured management system set in place that is easy going. But when mistakes are made they are dealt with quickly and thoroughly to prevent the same mistakes from happening again. From this job i was able to gain knowledge and experience with SolidWorks as well as real life experience on how objects go from the designing stage to the manufacturing stage.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere with frequent community events happening.
Cons
Long hours spent at a desk.
Not a good company(Specially on branch I'm working at) to work with. Employee were being take advantage on what they can do professionally especially during economic downturns.Benefits were ok but beyond the skills set bring to the company is not worth it. Goals set were being ask and this were being met at the end of the fiscal year. At the end of the day promises were broken leaving you behind.