Motherhood Maternity

Motherhood Maternity Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews
Enjoy my experience working, It sure kept me learning and achieving sucess , like I mentioned above in many aspects of the position I held. I had a conflict of interest with the one person who was above me, in wich allowed me to seek for brighter and new opportunities with the skills I learned @ Motherhood Maternity
One of the best managers I have worked with, she taught me everything related to retail. All thanks to her on where I am in life today!
She never hesitated on teaching or helping us learn and progress.
Pros
Worked with one of the best managers
Cons
Low salary, no chances of advancement
Typical day was opening the store, and making sure it was clean and visually ready for business. Always checked what tasks needed to be done on specific days and met all deadlines. I learnt how to be sensitive to pregnant women, and make sure all team members knew correct information to give them for sizes to buy for their trimester and looking at what they needed for the hospital, and their Nursing needs, if they planned on Nursing. Great environment to work in. One of the best parts of the job was when customers would come back after their baby was born to show us the baby and get their Nursing clothes. They always came back, and said oh my gosh you are still here you helped me with my first or second child. I remembered most of my customers. Great communication with my District Manager and my Country Manager. I will miss working for Motherhood Maternity, it was a great experience. Good luck to everyone, and all the best for 2020
Pros
District Manager or Country Manager would take me out for lunch, when they visited.
Cons
It was like having an extended family. Staff retentions ranged for 5 to 12 years. This made it easy to work together and enjoy our jobs.

Was rated best standards in western canada by dm and visiting dm's.
I started out not having any experience in a maternity shop but my manager took it step by step with me. We do have one type of customer so it is easy to learn everything about pregnancy during your tenure there, including how bra sizes change during the terms. Management was very nice and had quality leadership. I would recommend it.
I enjoyed my time working for this company. My manager was very understanding and flexible with hours given I was in school and the work environment was one of the best places to work in.
Lots of product to work with. must be extremely patient to work with expectant mothers. Lots of visual flips and floor set changes monthly. Very long hours and intense labour at this company. constantly busy working on stock, dealing with customer, issues, fulfilment order, visual changes, returns.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
very labour intensive work lots of work for the pay
Motherhood Maternity is a clothing store for pregnant women. The environment at the store is good and the manager always helps us anytime during the store.
Absolutely no room for advancement. Pay is very poor with no benefits. Helping pregnant mothers very rewarding.
Pros
The pregnant mothers
Cons
No advancement, no full time jobs ever
This company does not believe in giving raises, hours are never consistent. When promoted to supervisor a certain number of hours are promised but not given. Vacations are not given and time off is granted grudgingly.
Pros
The customers are great
Cons
Low wage, low hours, unkept promises.
Be careful of what position you are applying for. Sales Associates were expected to perform Keyholder duties (all the while receiving the pay of a sales associate). You will be opening/closing the store on your own. If you don't have good time management skills, this will most likely be difficult for you. Management will most likely take all of the opening shifts, leaving sales associates to close on their own. The hardest part of the job is you are not to multi-task. Company believes that "customers are always number one". Now this is extremely difficult because you have things that will need to be completed all during open hours. e.g "markdowns, promo changes, visual changes, etc". Management will be difficult to deal with because of favouritism and constant micro-managing. Oh yeah, the store manager will constantly leave the store... leaving the responsibility to sales associates to make sales. Overall a real lousy company and location. My advice is to not waste your time here, you will get paid a lot more elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Favouritism from Store Manager
Management does not schedule you for your breaks you rarely get a break even working over 5 hours which is illegal but she does not care. Co workers are amazing easy job. Manager puts herself before anything or anyone else. You cant call in sick or manager will be mad and talk gossip about you. If you dont want to re live high school I'd skip working here.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Manager
The day would start with me opening the cash register & then preparing for opening the doors. Customer service is the top priority so in between clients I would do Internet orders, receive stock, unpack stock, ticket stock, place stock into the appropriate areas of the floor, merchandise the store, set up goals & expectations for each team member, do spot check inventories & work on up coming schedules. Each team member was to receive a chat in at the beginning of their shift & then a chat out at the end of their shift. Mondays we had a conference call, stock & banking, Wednesday we did stock, price changes & signage changes, Thursday was all Visual changes & sometimes stock, Friday was another banking day plus stock, Saturday & Sunday was to be all about selling to our clients plus on Sundays payroll had to be sent in. The upper management in the company went through a lot of changes so the communication was not always accurate at times which I found was the hardest part of the job. I learned to just go with what was best for the store & the clients. Dealing with the variety of clients was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
I had a great team & we all worked together to make things run smoothly
Cons
Untrained, lack of knowledge from the Regional & District Managers in regards to operations at store level.
Une équipe très professionnel, environnement ce travail très sympathique.
This job was one of the worst I've ever had< did not work there long because management would put all the part time employees on the shifts that would not interfere with there life. Ect. working all nights, evenings and mostly weekends.
The customers are what kept me here the longest. Management needs work. Company needs to work with payroll. A lot of problems with pay. Benefits are way overpriced.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Pay
I worked with a wonderful young lady. The district manager however was not such a nice person. She seemed to not like any one that was able to give birth to their own children. She treated myself and another employee horribly when she found out we had our own children and she had to adopt from out of country. The work environment when she was around was always so tense.
As the name says,Motherhood deals with pregnant women and they have mood swings throughout all three semesters.Dealing with them was fun and a test of your own patience as well.
Pros
good reviews from customers
Cons
had to sell certain items for certain dollars
Hard work can be rewarding when child grows.
Follow up on appointments.

Provide love and care for my child.

Provide meals and baths.

Always meeting her needs.
Days vary. Can be busy but at other times can be very slow. Store is usually relaxed about down times and what you do as long as all other duties required of you are finished before end of shift . Learn a lot about clientele and product . Store managers and TSLs can be amazing but it is rare depending on location. Corporate managers are horrible and lazy. Don't do their jobs at all. Coworkers are usually pretty awesome. Hardest part of the job is trying to do your job while corporate changes everything in your store in a flash, literally a day or two, and don't help to try to continue operating smoothly. Other hard thing is dealing with a lot of unexperienced people who are lazy and don't want to do their job. Be thankful for the few people around you who do know. Most enjoyable thing was the overall atmosphere in the stores. Good vibes off the families, store managers, coworkers, and TSLs.
Worked here for years with promise of advancement.

Was given advancement opportunities with goals to achieve. Once the goals were hit, there would be a reason as to why the advancement was no longer an option.

Example "Surpass your sales goal for 3 months and keep your UPT at 3.1 and we will move you to 4th to train as a manager."

target hit and would be held for 4 months instead of 3, would inquire as to when it would happen and the reason could range from anything like "the manager quit, there is no one to train you" to "oh, there is no need for training for you". My favorite was "thats great you did it, but it may have been a fluke, keep it up for another 2 months and we will see."

Did this to me three times before I left.

They then closed most of the locations shortly afterwards so I lucked out I guess.

Oh and they will give you full time hours but list your job title as a part time employee which really screws with you.

I had to make a WCB claim but even though I was working 40 hours/week and could prove it with pay stubs & schedules since my job description was for a part time employee, the government sided with them and wouldn't pay me.
Pros
Discount off clothes
Cons
Drama, empty promises, upper management treats lower employees like slaves, hormonal women