Motel 6 / Studio 6 Employee Reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the search See all 2,288 reviews
Great enviornment
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 October 2015
management and staff are very friendly. more like family. very positive atomsphere. everyone is very flexible with the work schedule. housekeepers are great.
Studio 6
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2015
Studio 6 was an interesting place to work. For the two months I worked there I was 18 at the time, during the day I did not receive a walkie-talkie for safety purposes to keep in contact with other team members. There was also no cameras within the halls or any entrances other than the front entrance which made me feel a little uncomfortable. The staff was great. They were always there to help if you needed some. Every month they would have a staff meeting with one of the people from head office and we would sit down with tea and muffins and discuss issues or upcoming goals.
Pros
great stafff, great hours
Cons
Unsafe enviroment at times
nice place to work
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Claresholm, AB15 February 2015
The motel 6 in claresholm would be a great place to work if different people owned it the was a different manager and if there wasn't a drunk and a druggie working there
Pros
ample time to get your stuff done
Cons
hours will get cut for no reason, and they will hire someone else to take your job
Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON22 July 2014
Everyday is the same. Clock in, stock cart, start cleaning rooms, and then clean your cart and take garbage out, then clock out.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Repetitive.
it was ok
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 June 2014
checking guests in and out
handling complaints and inquiries
doing laundry
Pros
Nice Co workers and manager
Cons
cleaning washrooms and night shifts
Fun place to work and got really good experience
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 May 2014
- Answer phone calls and make reservations, check-in guest, ensure balance all the payments at the end of the shift, may be have to do extra shifts (16 hours altogether), deal with companies for the direct billing, enquiries and problems, deal customers problems or complains, sometimes have to call police officers for guest safety.
- Deal with housekeepers - know how to deal or behave with co-workers. improved really good customer service, can any type of situations
- Really great management, very flexible
- co-workers - sometimes hard to deal with housekeepers
- i did not find anything hardest part
- morning shift is really enjoyable part of this job
Pros
employees appreciation
Cons
different types of customers
Busy customer service environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB18 November 2013
Answer phone and communicate with people all day. As I was the Assistant manager I provided staff with goals and leadership.

Assisted with scheduling, hiring new staff and training new staff.

Hardest part of position was dealing with upset customers. On the other hand seeing happy customers made up for the very few bad times.

Absolutely loved everyone I worked with.
Pros
fun environment, benifits, stability
Lovely place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 September 2013
Fast pace environment really taught me how to work under a fast pace workplace and it allowed me to challenge myself to see how well I could work under a certain amount of time.
Wonderful experience with lovely co-workers
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB3 July 2013
It was a full time job, and I worked 8 hours everyday. It requires lots of human labours. I learned how to make my daily life time better, because I spent most time with my job. The hardest part always are lots of check out rooms, but I enjoy to work with my co-workers, I'm the youngest when I was there, they taught me a lot, and sometimes if we have lots of rooms, we helped each other. It's a good experience
Pros
totally a hour resting time, it seperates three times evenly.
Dont expect much
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 April 2013
A typical day at work:
You gotta deal with hookers, drug addicts, bums, crazies... etc!
you also have all the in betweens, every walk of life, check them in take their money, answer their questions and "sell" them the product (the room) with yoru answers

What i Learned was don't trust people at their words.

Management was good chain wide but some locations are lacking and/or are unioned. Doesn't work out for new hires, you will have the WORST POSSIBLE SHIFTS

You have barely any ressources to work with either! Training is NON-EXISTENT literally thrown in the ocean and told to swim... Other then software, they teach you the software, but there's no coaching on how to handle people or situations which is 98% of the job.

Co-workers can be fun, you dont see them much, only at shift changes, unless your housekeeping in which case you work individually in your assigned rooms

The hardest part of the job is not running out of the place. It gets very boring, very repetetive and can be truly challanging dealing with all the character types that walk in.

the most enjoyable part of the job is just that though, the guests that walk in, getting to know them, hearing their stories, opinions, rants, sob stories and just about anything...Trust me you will hear about EVERYTHING in peoples lives!
Pros
slow pace job during off seasons, reasonable salary with benefits
Cons
lack of flexibility on management side, lack of proper training is huge, lack of communication when deciding on how to proceed with routine work
Great Place To Work..
House Keeping & Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2013
Peaceful work environment, great staff to work with. I have learnt to be efficient in all areas of this establishment and to represent my work effectively and responsibly. Management sets proper guidelines for workers to follow in order to work efficiently and to accomodate satisfied customers. No part of any job is hard if you apply yourself with knowledge, common-sense and hard work. The best part of the day is to have the work completed in a satisfactory manner pleasing to the clients, management and myself...
Pros
great staff to work with..
Cons
disagreeable customers..
Not a good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 September 2012
Our day at work consisted of cleaning motel rooms. We worked very hard and did our job to the best of our ability. We were never appreciated for our hard work.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
very long hours and no appreciation