Motel 6 / Studio 6 Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 2,303 reviews
Fun working Place
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB11 September 2018
I learned how to do house keeping. Good management staff. The owner is awesome. Nice working different cultures. the most enjoyable part of being house keeping is when u finished 16 rooms early and u can help your other co worker.
Pros
the owner helps
Cons
good hours
Workplace can be fun and fairly easy days
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kingston5 June 2018
Typical days at work include very repetitive practices; the rooms are all identical, and you run through the same processes day to day, usually working the same days each week. Most of the work here is independently accomplished. The management is very friendly and generally accommodating to staff needs. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the oftentimes long hours and overworking of staff. Most days we would be left short staffed when others called in, the staff working that day became responsible for the extra duties/work.
Organized Workplace
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 June 2018
Motel 6 is an organized workplace with a lot of great staff. I made a lot of good friends there and I would recommend working there to others, it helped me develop good time management skills.
Pros
some free lunches
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sexsmith, AB18 March 2018
Everyone is willing to work as a team and work very hard to help one another when in need and trying to get the rooms all done and complete and satisfy the customers
good placeto work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON31 December 2016
rooms are nice friendly and good place to be it doesnt have much of anything nodining room or exercise room or pool but its nice to stayn there
Pros
Cons
no dining room
Fun Place to work
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 December 2016
it is a fun place to work but if you are looking for full time hours then this is not the place for you. I found I was begging for more hours each week
Great People
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 September 2016
Was trained by a very nice woman and staff is very pleasant which made it enjoyable to be at the hotel. Hardest part is physically on the back but it's not so bad. I recommend a good pair of running shoes
Good place to work, people are friendly.
House Keeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2016
Day goes by quickly because i'm always occupied doing my duties. I learned customer service skills. Managers are always willing to help an answer question that i might not know. Co-wokers are friendly and nice.
Studio 6
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2015
Studio 6 was an interesting place to work. For the two months I worked there I was 18 at the time, during the day I did not receive a walkie-talkie for safety purposes to keep in contact with other team members. There was also no cameras within the halls or any entrances other than the front entrance which made me feel a little uncomfortable. The staff was great. They were always there to help if you needed some. Every month they would have a staff meeting with one of the people from head office and we would sit down with tea and muffins and discuss issues or upcoming goals.
Pros
great stafff, great hours
Cons
Unsafe enviroment at times
Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON22 July 2014
Everyday is the same. Clock in, stock cart, start cleaning rooms, and then clean your cart and take garbage out, then clock out.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Repetitive.
Wonderful experience with lovely co-workers
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB3 July 2013
It was a full time job, and I worked 8 hours everyday. It requires lots of human labours. I learned how to make my daily life time better, because I spent most time with my job. The hardest part always are lots of check out rooms, but I enjoy to work with my co-workers, I'm the youngest when I was there, they taught me a lot, and sometimes if we have lots of rooms, we helped each other. It's a good experience
Pros
totally a hour resting time, it seperates three times evenly.
Great Place To Work..
House Keeping & Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2013
Peaceful work environment, great staff to work with. I have learnt to be efficient in all areas of this establishment and to represent my work effectively and responsibly. Management sets proper guidelines for workers to follow in order to work efficiently and to accomodate satisfied customers. No part of any job is hard if you apply yourself with knowledge, common-sense and hard work. The best part of the day is to have the work completed in a satisfactory manner pleasing to the clients, management and myself...
Pros
great staff to work with..
Cons
disagreeable customers..
Not a good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 September 2012
Our day at work consisted of cleaning motel rooms. We worked very hard and did our job to the best of our ability. We were never appreciated for our hard work.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
very long hours and no appreciation