Mosaic Employee Reviews

productive and fun work environment with tons of friendly hardworking employees
Team Lead/ Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2019
great place to work, great for sales and marketing experience! flexible hours, you can essentially build your own schedule by selecting programs that run during time you're available. You are expected to have open availability for shorter programs (one weekend-one week).
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
may have to fight for proper pay...
Rewarding compensation
Retail Merchandiser / Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ontario18 February 2019
Good Company especially in terms of compensation. Always pay on time and never short change like other recruitment companies. The management does not breathe down your neck.
Pros
Decent compensation
Cons
progression
Demanding hard work
Cosmetic Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2019
I worked for mosaic for less than two months, it depends on the job you are assigned to do, but generally it requires long hours and a lot of hard work.
Branding different brands and products
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  British Columbia4 February 2019
it is the best place to work. The manageemnt is very good the managers treat you as if you are their friend. Learning about new products and new brands every day.
Excellent employer
Project Buyer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 January 2019
Mosaic provides many opportunities for career development and provides competitive salary and benefits. It has a good reputation in the community and invests in various initiatives in the province.
safe and productive environment
Mechanical Integrity Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, SK16 January 2019
mosaic provides a working environment where you feel comfortable and safe while doing your work. working here has provided me with the ability to think though what i am doing for potential danger before doing it, which helps maintain their safe environment
Productive and fun work enviroment.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
Energetic productive place to work. All staff are friendly and helpful/knowledgable. Team environment where you can really strive to be your very best.
Reliable, pays good. Listens, job security
Independent merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Frances, ON11 January 2019
I worked doing religns and weekly DVD promotions, displays and put out stock.

Had at times problems during religns and such but wasnt with Mosaic but with the store itself. Mosaic came to my rescue many times to help with store to follow requirements. They were highly supportive, easily reachable and if you cant reach one you had a list of others you can connect with through phone, text, email youu name it. Teams helped teams out.

Low hours with a tad higher pay was hard to balance or even equal part time. Small towns/stores would suffer during cutbacks after holidays.
Pros
Great management support, fits any schedual. Best company I worked for in merchandising.
Cons
small towns/stores suffered during cutbacks after holidays.
Interesting mix of products to promote and sell
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2019
Typical day is to show up on time at your site w/printed instructions
Take your shopping list and purchase products required for your activation and then start setting up your table and samples.
Create a visually appealing table with decorative items (fruit/veggies - on loan from store) to draw in customers.
Have your own set of knives, serving platters, cutting board

Have your brand messaging memorized Work quickly to put out as many samples as possible, but have common sense enough to not put too many out and risk spoilage or unattractive sample. HAVE FUN !
Pros
If you enjoy people, are organized...it's a lot of fun.
Cons
Standing long periods, pushing bit tables around, greedy customers
Productive fun place to work with great people
HP Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2018
Working at Mosaic taught me how to become a better Salesman and also helped me improve my communication skills. Throughout a day at work, I would talk to multiple customers asking them different questions and listening to them to figure out what the best-suited product is for them. The management is great and always does their best to accommodate their employees with what they need. I enjoyed working independently as it taught me how to handle responsibilities on my own.
Pros
more freedom than regular jobs, great customers and people to work with
Cons
some days the stores customer flow would be slow
Detail/team oriented and stressful
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON16 December 2018
Not as flexible. Required to start and leave same time as the rest of the team. Plenty of travelling is required, therefore if you're not driving this job is not for you.
Pros
Team work and same arrival time for everyone
No Growth
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2018
No room to grow, either you know someone or you dont. Sadly it is that type of environment. Everyone must network like crazy to be able to advance. Hardworks comes after network here.
No company supoort
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 December 2018
I loved this job at first but over the years I worked there it changed. Work load trippled but pay never changed. No management support or backing. Tired of being abused by the stores you merchandised
Job is rather relaxing
Sales/Demo (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2018
My job is rather relaxing, slow but satisfying. The job involves plenty of physical interactions with customers. The set up of the demo cart can sometimes be challenging though.
Great
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 November 2018
Great Management, were always there to help and answer and questions. Great would recommend this company to everyone. Great activation and they pay ambassadors on time.
It's a good experience
Lead Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC4 October 2018
I've had the job for two years. You're basically the boss of your schedule, but you need to book a month ahead. Although, you can't book off too much work of course.
There's a lot of times I didn't have the proper things for my demo. In that situation I learned to make do. But if I'm really stuck, I will call for help. You don't often to see your boss in person, but that's fine. Lots of policy changes throughout the years. Hard to keep up with different rules.
You purely get 12-24hrs a week and thats all. Good for students, or those having trouble finding jobs.
The people in store is what makes the day worth working. And any good co-workers you bump into. Though it is an individual job, you still talk on your break or before work. Hearing stories from customers was always a plus.
Management I feel is different for everyone. Some aren't as efficient as others and it changes all the time. I'm the one that's been at this spot for the longest, and two years isn't a very long time.
Pros
Talking to friendly customers, book your own hours (to a limit of course)
Cons
Limited hours, changing rules, Items may not always be there when you need it.
Everything is a bit disorganized.
Part Time Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 September 2018
I have found that the company seems a bit disorganized. When I went out to food tastings often the materials that I needed weren't there. I finally agree to only do the wine tastings.
Pros
Work basically unsupervised.
Cons
Having to hunt and find the materials needed.
Fun and productive work culture
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 July 2018
Although at times it felt a little bit unorganized at times the experience I gained through this company was exceptional. At times we had to think on our feet a little bit and adapt to various conditions where each event on the weekends were always different. Our team had to get creative at times in order to market our product in a fun and exciting way.
used to be great
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  British Columbia5 July 2018
Is a wonderful company but seems to be struggling with management changes. I greatly appreciated the years I had with them but when my supervisor changed so did the way things were handled and it missed out on a lot of what it had before
Needs to provide a secure workplace
Volunteer ESL Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC30 June 2018
MOSAIC is funded by government and every year they layoff many teachers based on what they want. They need to be more fare to new teachers and stop laying off and hiring its own teachers again!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mosaic. Our community is ready to answer.