Morty's Pub Employee Reviews

2.0Pay & Benefits
2.8Job Security & Advancement
Good place to start serving, but leave ASAP
Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 March 2019
Very grateful to have learned how to do all the FOH roles here, but that's about it. The owners are creepy and do a lot of grey area things to avoid paying staff properly, but the flow of the bar will teach you how to work well under stress as well as how to communicate with team members effectively with a thick skin.
Pros
Shorter shifts
Not the best place i've worked
Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 February 2017
I would show up for shifts and get sent home without working and told to come back the next day. Managers were not the friendliest people. The customers were great however.
great place to learn and explore your culinary interests.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 August 2015
washing dishes and cooking was actually fun because of the culture and high energy employees mixed with great management make for a great place to work, hardest part is always learning the menu.
Pros
learned so much about culinary.
Cons
hours.
Great place to work and have fun
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, On5 September 2013
I worked in the Kitchen. I've worked in a few other kitchens, and Morty's Pub has to be the most organized and efficient of them all. It makes work a lot easier and more enjoyable. Friendly staff and fun work parties. I got roughly $1/hour in tips. I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to work in a kitchen!
Pros
Friendly, Flexible, Respectful, Fair, Safe and Clean Restaurant, 50% off food for employees on our off shift, located near Laurier University.
Cons
Staff changeroom is small.