Morton Salt Employee Reviews

Fun place with free treats
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL11 April 2018
Entered 100 invoices on a daily basis, relaxed, manager didn't watch your every move. Very family orientated, flexible hours and team members worked together
Pros
Flexible hours
very productive work days
Pan / boiler / chemical operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA7 April 2018
the hardest part of my job wasn't at the plant it was the drive to get there, it was very diverse everyone got along≥. every once in a while there would be problems with the equipment but there than that it was a nice place to work.
Pros
catered safety meetings with food and games and prizes for safety knowledge
Cons
unable to leave plant once clocked in
Management is poor
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Silver Springs, NY13 March 2018
Upper management is poor and underdeveloped. No respect for personal life, co workers are cutthroat to throw anyone under the bus they can to make them look better.
A good company to work for.
Baler Operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA18 February 2018
Good training. Good management. Excellent training program. Good safety program. Room for advancement. Company supplied free personal protective equipment (i.e. safety boots, hard hat, safety glasses.).
Some managers care, othets do not.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FL15 February 2018
I have never worked in a more unhealthy and unsafe environment. No ventilation and the inside of the warehouse was nothing but a haze of salt. There face masks wern't even th proper ones. No amount of water or fruit or sleep will prepare you for this job.
Cons
Very hazerdous working encironment with wrong safety equipment
Poor moral and unorganized
MAINTENANCE (Current Employee) –  Louisiana30 January 2018
I cannot speak for the company as a whole but the location im currently at is very poorly ran. moral is extremely low and there is no belief in positive reinforcement
Pros
close to home
Cons
hard workers are abused
Lot of different jobs
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Fairport Harbor, OH6 January 2018
Is a nice place to work. You learn a lot of different jobs. Not to many people can say they work under lake Erie. Just get layed off. And for the area you get payed nice.
Laid off
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fairport Harbor, OH4 January 2018
constantly gettin laid off!!!! if you could work steady it would be a great place to work. need to get rid of upper management and get some people in ther that know how to mine!
Dangerous
Miner/Laborer Manufactory and Production (Current Employee) –  Fairport Harbor, OH3 January 2018
Safety is always a concern. Going underground 2000 feet everyday there's always a possibility of a fatality. We've had may close calls in the recent years.
Cons
Bad health care
Enjoyed working at Morton good job, benefits and good co- workers
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA1 January 2018
Morton Salt was a VPP work place it took a while to accomplish
lots of hard work between the company and the union but it was well worth it to work at a safe place and to have input into the process.In maintenance we worked as a team to find and fix problems when they arose. The operators had input in this process which helped us in maintenance and management to improve the job safety and productivity. The newer and older personal learned from each other which helped all to improve our game.
Excellent for benefits but management lacks professional development
LOGISTICS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL12 December 2017
workplace culture seems cut-throat. Management is looking for making a name for themselves instead of developing their team. Hardest part of the job is watching someone make false promises regarding service and then not addressing root cause for failure.
Pros
work from home flexibility, location
Cons
poor management
Unsecure place to work for a temp.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 November 2017
They need to offer temps permanent jobs if they are doing well at the job. The temps are not appreciated for their dedication and effort. The nice thing about working there was the view. The building has a very beautiful view of downtown and the city.
About
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 November 2017
Morton Salt is an American way of life. Since 1848, we have been improving lives and enhancing every day moments – at home, at work and virtually everywhere in between. Still today, we are widely recognized for our iconic Morton Salt Girl who has remained the face of our brand for over a century. And our products remain staples in the hearts and homes of millions of Americans. That’s because we’re a company with vision, drive and a big heart.
Good salary - culture is trending the wrong way
rather not say (Current Employee) –  Grantsville, UT9 November 2017
Salary is very competitive. It used to have a great culture where the employer cared about the employees. It is now all about how much more production the plant can create while at the same time forcing people in on overtime consistently. We have always worked hard and had a very good working atmosphere where we were proud to come to work. Now it is just squeezing every bit of production we can get while eliminating jobs and the feeling of caring.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Employees and front line leaders not treated well by management
Best Job I ever had
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 October 2017
Morton is a company that values good work and thus, good workers. They pay accordingly. They offer lots of benefits that are not money driven---off on your birthday, company outings, etc. Too bad the plant closed it's Chicago warehouse.
Challenging, with Opportunities
Plant Reliability and Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Silver Springs, NY19 October 2017
Challenging environment, presenting many opportunities for improvements. Compensation and benefits are good.Most locations are rural. Salt is considered a commodity and is also weather dependent, thus business success varies.
Poor Middle Management
Tax Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 August 2017
The CEO had one vision but when it came to the Management below, they where not listing. They advance people "men" like a boys club, no upper Female management.
Pay is good...but that's about it
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KS14 August 2017
Employees can be an employers biggest asset, but not at Morton Salt. Supervisors think that it is ok to beat employees into the ground to where they no longer want to care if they do a good job or not.

The hours for most jobs are awful. A rotating 6 & 2 schedule where you only get a Saturday and Sunday off every 6 weeks. People can go a month or more and never get to see their kids depending on the schedule they are on.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and work schedule
Was an important learning experience and had a good time in the process
Internship (Former Employee) –  Rittman, OH3 August 2017
Being an intern at Morton Salt gave me the opportunity to learn first hand about the environment in manufacturing. While here, I learned the importance of teamwork, responsibility, and efforts needed to succeed in the professional setting.
Productive and workplace.
Master Mechanic / Master Electrician (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA24 July 2017
Productive and fun workplace.I experienced a various roles in production/ construction. I'm be able to experienced to work with different kind of nationality which I learned a lot of things from them as well not only for work related but also for different kind cultures.