Morrison Hershfield

Morrison Hershfield Management reviews

Canada30 reviews
Good workplace culture.
Training could be a lot better.

Co-workers always nice and friendly.

Supporting staff in local and remote locations.

Management good
Great place to learn because everyone is patient. Technical knowledge and expertise is really high. Very top heavy and because of that you are expected to be at work for longer than you have to just because it looks good and makes a good impression. Not very practical. Also, management does not care if there are enough people or not in the department to deliver the projects. They keep bringing new work but never expand the team.
I worked for Morrison Hershfield during the economic downturn in 2009. I was very impressed when top management from Toronto toured all the Canadian offices to calm the waters and assure that for the next quarter, no layoffs were planned. I had never experienced that before, and it certainly instilled a degree of loyalty to the company when better times eventually returned.
Pros
Good compensation / benefits package
Cons
none that i experienced
I worked there and sure there is a good portion of the people that are pleasant to work with and they do have their donuts and coffee Friday but.... I cannot believe how stressful it was always being watched & micromanaged it was and don’t think about leaving until the very last second of your day. Everything thing you do is noticed and if not by management there are coworkers that love to let your superior know if you have made any mistakes rather than address it with you. So to the last person who wrote their review you must have been in another department on another floor.
Pros
Summer hours, casual attire, a few good apples to work with
Cons
Micromanaged, management not easily approachable, favouritism
My experience at Morrison Hershfield was a pleasant one. The work culture is excellent, fellow staff was very easy to work with and very willing to work as a team.

Management is respectful of my personal needs and trusted me to do my duties without excessive supervision.
Pros
Excellent staff relationships
Morrison Hershfield used to be a great company to work for. Staff are generally very nice and helpful. However since around 2012, the management's focus shifted dramatically, focus purely on profit (without much directions or vision). Many good engineers have moved on. Management for the most part is very disconnected with the staff. Emphasis purely on profit, and little on quality of work.
Pros
Great engineers and friendly staff
Cons
Management lacks vision, severely disconnected with the staff
I could not have asked for a better company to work for! Absolutely every employee and management alike were very personable and all worked for a common goal. We were all treated as equals and were very well compensated for our hard work.

Morrison Hershfield is a company that is eager to help you grow to your full potential. There was continuous training, and lots of room for advancements.

My typical day would include, but is not limited to checking and replying to emails, ordering supplies and speaking with venders, covering reception duties, shipping and receiving, and making travel arrangements for employees and senior executive members.

My main role was preparing for RFP's (Request for Proposal), and bid documents. I proofread and formatted all documents leaving the departments.

The hardest part of the job for me was saying "NO". I very rarely ever told a colleague that I couldn't help them get their project completed in time even on such short notice. I always managed to find a way to shuffle my work priorities to make sure no deadlines were ever missed.

I really enjoyed how busy I was! No matter what, there was something I could find to do, and there was always another department I could help!
Pros
Excellent compesation and flexibility!
Cons
No cons!