Morrison Hershfield Employee Reviews

An excellent place to work
Specialist Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON12 April 2018
Very good place to work. Well paid and quite professional. A well established company with good reputation. All staff are very good and are well educated. Office is clean and well appointed.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not too much projects
All time I worked on job site, no experience from MH Office life
Tunnel Engineer/Shift Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
I was seconded to this Project by Morrison Hershfield Consultants who were part of this big project for TTC. I was very happy at this job place, all people were very much helpful, you were able to count on them all the time - like FAMILY atmosphere ...
Pros
they looked after me very well all the time
Cons
no problems
It is a privilege and an honor to work with Morrison Hershfield
Mechanical Inspector (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 October 2017
Morrison Hershfield very well known consultant company with very good reputation, and they are in the consultant field in Canada for quite long time (since 1940's)

Morrison Hershfield have a accomplished many major infra-structure projects such as bridges, highways, ...

Morrison Hershfield involved in many countries outside Canada as well
Productive workplace
Project Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
We work hard to meet deadlines and achieve goals as a team. I enjoy the people I work with and hope to be with MH for years to come.
Great work/life balance, but little opportunity to advance your career
Business Development Marketing coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2016
Overall MH has a great work/life balance, however, there is little opportunity to advance your career.

PROS:

MH is a comfortable working environment with flex hours and a standard work week of 37.5 hours.

Generally pleasant, respectful people to work with.

Industry standard benefits 80% coverage for medical and prescriptions. $500 allowances for Massage, chiropractic, acupuncture etc.

RRSP matching program.

Profit share program is quite minimal compared to other companies.

CONS:

Employee owned - less stringent standard on operational procedures, biased voting system to add new shareholders as majority of votes come from head office shareholders.

Little room for advancement, especially now since the company has many senior people with little motivation to retire.

Constantly reorganizing or restructuring which creates instability between departments.

Increasing office politics
Excellent place to work
Structural EIT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver25 November 2014
My experience at Morrison Hershfield was a pleasant one. The work culture is excellent, fellow staff was very easy to work with and very willing to work as a team.

Management is respectful of my personal needs and trusted me to do my duties without excessive supervision.
Pros
Excellent staff relationships
Some Great Engineers with lots of experience, Management lacks vision and disconnected with workers
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2014
Morrison Hershfield used to be a great company to work for. Staff are generally very nice and helpful. However since around 2012, the management's focus shifted dramatically, focus purely on profit (without much directions or vision). Many good engineers have moved on. Management for the most part is very disconnected with the staff. Emphasis purely on profit, and little on quality of work.
Pros
Great engineers and friendly staff
Cons
Management lacks vision, severely disconnected with the staff
A great place to work
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 March 2014
A great place to work, lots of great guys working there. I enjoyed my time there.
I wouldn't work in Winnipeg office
Land Development (Former Employee) –  Calgary14 March 2014
I didn't mind the projects. The branch manager in Winnipeg was hard to work with.
Pros
Nice Office
Cons
Low Morale
smart engineering
civil engineering (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2013
learned a lot of skills in this company and the co-workers were very helpful people.
The hardest part of the job that was how I figure out the problem engineering?
The most enjoyable part of that job was working in the site.
A very welcoming workplace that is eager to help you grow!
Administrative Assistant / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2013
I could not have asked for a better company to work for! Absolutely every employee and management alike were very personable and all worked for a common goal. We were all treated as equals and were very well compensated for our hard work.

Morrison Hershfield is a company that is eager to help you grow to your full potential. There was continuous training, and lots of room for advancements.

My typical day would include, but is not limited to checking and replying to emails, ordering supplies and speaking with venders, covering reception duties, shipping and receiving, and making travel arrangements for employees and senior executive members.

My main role was preparing for RFP's (Request for Proposal), and bid documents. I proofread and formatted all documents leaving the departments.

The hardest part of the job for me was saying "NO". I very rarely ever told a colleague that I couldn't help them get their project completed in time even on such short notice. I always managed to find a way to shuffle my work priorities to make sure no deadlines were ever missed.

I really enjoyed how busy I was! No matter what, there was something I could find to do, and there was always another department I could help!
Pros
Excellent compesation and flexibility!
Cons
No cons!
New building, open concept, fully equipped kitchen.
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2013
Great people to work with, and they appreciate the work/life balance.
Pros
salary/benefits/flex hours
Cons
low morale
enjoy working, fun team building exercises, good training
Design Drafter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2013
• Operated computer-assisted design and drafting workstations such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D for importing the surveyed point, make profiles, label them, draw pipelines, choose manhole and connected to lagoon according to specification
• Drafting manhole and other pipe fitting according to the sizes from the specification charts
• Developed and prepare design sketches
• Participates in the team meetings to improve the progress of projects.
Challenging role
Intermediate Architectural Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 February 2013
My Architectural manager worked close to him for one of his important project and need to be done for construction permit.
Good from the outside
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2012
Culture does not live up to it name. Work atmosphere can be better. Co-workers are good team members as part of major projects.
contract administration
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2012
• Administered and inspected construction of Rehabilitation of Infield Tunnel and Spring Creek Culvert at Toronto Pearson International Airport Value $6M CAD including crack injection, back wall grouting, asphalt and concrete removal and restoration, installing new weep drain system and tie back anchor installation and concrete repair at spring creek retaining walls for Greater Toronto Airport Authority ( GTAA)
i