Morphe Employee Reviews

Awesome artistry!
BEAUTY ARTIST (Former Employee) –  California8 December 2018
Morphe really pushed me out of my box and I learned and experienced so much! How you look and acted was a really big deal ofc! You always want to look like the artist you are! Keeping a professional environment! Management pushes your artist skills everyday. Maintaining store goal was very important as it will also result in hrs the company can give. What was hard for me was enticing products and maintaining their interest. Some ppl just wanna shop but management will encourage you to interact with customers A LOT. Overall though it was a great place to push my artistry skills.
Pros
Great company to work with!
Cons
Management/Team will make or break experience.
fun work enviorment/people
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL29 October 2018
you meet great people, management is great. they really care for their employees. management is always willing to help, and everyone who works for morphe, all work as a team.
Don’t do it!
Beauty Artist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA19 October 2018
Morphe WAS a great place to work at BEFORE they started to expand. Work was so fun & was very much a second home to all of us. But that changed in the blink of an eye. They wiped out everyone who didn’t “fit” the look of the “new morphe” ..way to “blend the rules” Then continued to hire horrible replacements who were rude, and had absolute no artistry skills that “fit the new look” and to top it off they’d try to make you fear them in order for “respect.”
Treated everyone left of the store like complete garbage & pushed us to the max to quit. They’ve definitely ruined what Morphe was all about. Morphe was about diversity, open minds, and positivity. Now it’s all fake. You’ll get played with hours, won’t get benefits, and probably will get paid less than some other employees at different locations. Save your time & passion for another company who’d love to help you grow!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything, especially management
stressful enviroment with poor management
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA13 September 2018
The company hypes you up with opportunities for growth but NEVER hires from within,or at least my location never did although they had amazing candidates to choose from for promotion. Management was very cliquey, most came from the same brand prior to morphe so they're all friends with each other. They let certain employees get away with things while others get write ups.Manager leads with fear instead of respect and motivation and speaks to you like a child.
Part time employees have gotten hours cut 3 times in a span of two months regardless of work ethic. They promote an open door policy but suggestions aren't allowed. Managers deal with employee issues by telling us to "ignore" each other.
Pros
artistry
Cons
poor management, little to no growth, stressful enviroment
Fun workplace
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CA22 August 2018
It was a very relaxed environment. There wasn't a lot to do all the time but employees were friendly and kept the environment happy and upbeat. Working with the warehouse was difficult due to communication issues with manager in charge.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not enough to do
Productive and family ordinated
Lead Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CA12 July 2018
The typical day at work would start off with a container filled with product we would off load and account for shipment received I would then take a team of four to replenish racks
Growing pains to the max!
Beauty Artist (Former Employee) –  California3 July 2018
I believe the company is expanding too quickly. They do not work out kinks from previous stores in order to improve future stores. I know of a few people who were working full time hours for a prolonged period of time but were not getting benefits. They don't accommodate for you to have a secondary job but they don't offer full-time positions. I've seen that the company's disorganization puts stress on everybody including corporate, retail workers and management. It's sad to see because the brand represents something really amazing! One thing I can say is that they hire amazing people that are kind-hearted. I hope to see improvement for Morphe in the future.
Pros
50% off, reasonable hourly pay, amazing employees
Cons
Part time positions only, new brand so growing pains.
Great people and a fast growing company
freelance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA14 June 2018
I have had positive experiences with Morphe ever since I first started with them. I've seen the company grow tremendously over the last couple years. If you can get into corporate, I would definitely recommend it.
Pros
Fun people, great environment, good pay
Cons
Payroll takes a long time to get to freelancer's checks and comps. at the moment
Fun
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL4 June 2018
I worked with Morphe as Freelance for a show in Orlando called Premiere Show it was my first time working for the company & it was lots of Fun & they treated me well
Pros
Discounts
Terrible Environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CA23 May 2018
Be aware of you ever work at this company every kiss behinds, there and no one has knowledge on how to their job properly. You'll be standing around for majority of the work day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management staying busy boring
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pacoima, CA5 May 2018
A wonderful company for anyone who adores makeup and pallets. Great benefits and the employees are very hard workers. The facility is very nice, clean, and very well organized.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
n/a
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CA30 March 2018
I was employed at Morphe Brushes from an agency, I worked as a ware house employee who would work on the customers orders by packing, delivering, and making sure all contents were properly handled and sent on time.
Face paced fun people
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CA19 March 2018
A typical day at Morphe is working hard and sometimes some fun. The only problem is the work hours and some of the management get really competitive and take sides. The longer the employee the more stubborn and hard headed they seem to be. but most of the regular staff is easy going.
Pros
fun events
Cons
Management is rterrible
No work ethics
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CA20 February 2018
In this company you need to be friends with upper management in order to advance. Favoritism plays a big role here. The warehouse manager and supervisor are 2 young people who know the work but they lack of people skills. They are always too busy wasting time with they favorites. No training is provided, if you like a place where there is no rules, where you can waste your time, where if you like to kiss a&@ you will get someone where this is your place. Your ideas do not matter to them.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Favoritism
Lack of communication, selfishness
Senior Manager Environmental Health and Safety (Current Employee) –  Pacoima, CA16 January 2018
Each department manager was not communicating or assisting others. No floor management when enforcing safety rules.Never had a weekly meeting with leadership on safety protocols. Safety orientation overlooked for production reasons.
Pros
Free lunch at times
Cons
Lack of planning ahead or communication
its a very fast paced working environment.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CA9 January 2018
This review is based on my personal experience from working with this company on the daily basis. This company is very high pace, you load and unload containers daily do inventory counts , organice and clean the warehouse
Pros
great owners, full benifits
Cons
short breaks
fun/ fast pace
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CA8 January 2018
I enjoy working there very fast pace supervisor was a great example as a leader. made sure orders were placed accurately for costumers. time went by very fast.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Great Company
International Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pacoima, CA28 November 2017
This is an amazing company to work for if you enjoy a past paced environment. Also, highly recommend for anybody trying to break into the cosmetology business.
Fun environment
Picker/ Packer (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CA22 November 2017
Very Fun enviroment, always on the move. You won't even feel the day passing by. Very competitive and fun. The Management team is very approachable and understanding. They stand in the employees shoes and always try to have the employees point of view. The company over all is very competitive and treats every one like family.
Benefits
Cons
Days off
Very fast-paced enviroment, always something to do
LEAD MANAGER/BEAUTY ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CA16 September 2017
Always a store full of customers, I learned everything about cosmetics from this employer. We have trainings at least two times a month as well as have store meetings once a month. I am apart of management so typical open and close duties, handling cash and focusing on awesome customer service. Everyday is enjoyable at this job.
Pros
trainings, discounts and gratis
Cons
no job security or stability