Morningstar

Morningstar Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
I did not mind the hrs, once I got used to working there.being indoors nice but still got bit chilly at winter and a very warm in the summer. Line Production work so not much to the training.
Workplace environment encourages acceptance of all cultures, religions, etc. which is quite positive. The company policy towards flexible work hour is excellent but many are concerned that some take liberties with the policy.
I would wake up around 4-5 am then go outside to stack the papers on my wagon and then proceed to walk up and down the streets I assigned to deliver papers on
Pros
free papers
Cons
not enough work to make any good money
The Team Picked For This Meticulous Detailed Job Was Fast moving and coordinated very well and was managed with fairness and precise commands, enjoyed my experience with Morningstar...
Pros
Cash Advance if needed for Lunch, asked to come back
Cons
Dust from other country in C Can, about it, ...
Morningstar takes its mission to serve investors seriously. It is a mission-driven company. The new CEO is clear headed and has the right priorities. Increased consolidation of resources and decision-making in the Chicago office has made working outside of the US feel less impactful. Longtime employees will likely find their salary and bonuses stagnate--and it's not as if Morningstar is a best-in-class provider of salary or benefits (aside from the 6 week sabbatical and highly flexible work environment).
During my stay at Morningstar, I have developed extensive web application experience. I took full advantage of the opportunities to work with many different technologies, including:

- ASP .NET (MVC, C#, HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, responsive web, AngularJS)

- Java (Spring framework, Spring core, Spring MVC, Spring Security)

- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)

- AWS cloud (lambda functions, NodeJS, EC2, S3, API Gateway, CloudFormation, Terraform)

I also had the opportunity to lead agile scrum teams, act as technical lead for projects, mentor and train junior teammates.
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
Lack of Opportunity for Advancement
The Company genuinely cares about the well being of its employees and constantly strives to make positive improvements on daily work life. It is a fun place to work with great workplace culture and environment .
large office setting, neat & clean, facility manager is awesome! relaxed environment, very multicultural which makes it very fun work, very transparent,
Pros
well reputed
Cons
difficult to make changes
Doing presentations and introducing the project I am dealing with to investors as well as a lot of travelling which is fun
Typical day - ensure information on websites is up to date and accurate

Learned how to perfect quality assurance

Management is nice and understanding

Co-workers are helpful

Hardest part of the job last minute long hours

Enjoyable part was casual wear