Morneau Shepell
Information from Morneau Shepell:

Morneau Shepell Employee Reviews

Canada263 reviews
Flexible work place
Good Work life balance. Collaborative staff. Everyone are helpful. Fun place to work. New technologies to learn, also old school way of experience.
Good organization that is supportive
Overall I am impressed with how the company is communicating with everyone about the Covid crisis. When I hear about the number of companies that are laying off people, the company has not done this. The company is stable and growing so this is good to hear. No company is perfect, but happy to be working right now. They have accommodated everyone on my team to work remotely and gave the flexibility when I needed it.
Pros
Remote working arrangements, flexibility in hours, financially stable
Cons
Hours can be longer during this time as there is a greater demand for the company services
High Turnover, Underpaid, and Lack of Empathy
I have never worked for a company that was so morally corrupt. The company claims to champion mental health (they're the mental health partner of the Canadian Olympics), and yet when their own employees are asking for accomodation or assistance with their own mental health issues that are affecting their work, the company refuses any accomodation, dismisses your disability/condition, and attempts to force you back to work ASAP. Oh, and that you should just learn better coping skills.

You will be expected to meet high targets and deal with enormous volumes of phone calls, emails, and online chats. You will be spoken down to (and sometimes harassed) by almost all management figures, and you will be left feeling helpless. Company culture is that if you can meet targets, have zero empathy for clients, and take on more work than you were hired for, you will move up in the company.

Targets are relative to booking (or not booking) services for clients. Trust me, it's not about helping the client. It's about meeting targets, making numbers, and doing things as cheaply as possible. I learned that every employee is literally just a number to this company- you can and will easily be replaced once you burn out.
Not client oriented
I was made an offer after 2 interviews. I declined the offer once caseload and salary was discussed. Poor pay and very high caseloads, not sure its ethical and effective for the clients.
Poor management and no collaboration between team
Poor management and no collaboration between team
Life and Work cannot balance.

No advancement.

Senior leadership does not understand the business need and push some over budget project without fully evaluate and compare other product.
Terrible company
Unfair hiring practices. Really made me feel terrible and judged after the experience. I would not recommend interviewing for this company. They also pay well below industry standards
Large company still with a "mom and pop" culture
Morneau is a large company in its field, but it is still functioning as a very small company. It does not matter what you know, but who you know in the company. The processes are always secondary to the relationships. A lot of very bright people working in the company, but their potential is stifled by the perpetual status quo that nobody in the management seems willing to change.
Not the right fit
This job was a career mistake on my part. I thought it would be a good way to start consulting but the industry didn't fit my values. Due to the insane pace and lack of collaboration I felt that I was not set up for success.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Morneau Shepell?
Fun people, terrible management
My time at MS was only amazing due to the people I worked with. The people were high spirited and always helpful. There was always some sort of game or trivia or something going on in the office that made it fun. The job itself was stressful but not too bad. The workload was a lot, multiple things to do at once, and they made me learn multiple new things in a very short amount of time, making it more stressful than it needed to be. They kind of just threw you into projects. The only bad thing about this job was the management. There was favoritism towards men by the head manager which was very obvious. Not a lot of room to advance with the management. However, a good starting office job and that's it.
It was overall a fun place and environment to work in
I really liked the people there.
Nice and understanding management

A lot of training and tools were provided to succeed and to advance

We all were getting along
Okay work place
It’s an okay company to work for .
The pay could be a lot better and one con is employees pay for benefits pet pay check . However , a pro is that we do get benefits .
Poor culture
Culture of bullying and intimidation. For a workplace health and wellness provider they are definitely not an example to follow. I wouldn't recommend working here, you will be treated as an underling, given work outside of your role to fulfill and any complaints to HR will be dismissed.
Taken Advantage Of
When they see someone with potential, they will take advantage of them and squeeze work out of them until their soul dies. There's so much politics that it gets incredibly toxic. There is intense nepotism. They would rather hire a manager's niece and nephew who are good for nothing and ruin photocopiers than hire someone who is capable of doing the job well. They need to value employees. We're humans, not aminals. We worked our blossoms off for this company and in return received nickles and dimes. Our work is always under-appreciated and always told to be not enough. I worked nights and days and got no promotion and no growth. I was treated unfairly and taken advantage of. This is inhumane.
Managers Pit Employees Against One Another
Read other reviews before you start. Within training, I had a pit in my stomach. They frame the services as trying to help people seeking resources but our job is to try to dissuade clients from getting the services they request. Managers send emails out weekly with your "ranking" compared to other employees at downselling clients.
Amazing co-workers and team-based environment when working on-site. The salary is not competitive; the role is a great stepping stone for new grads.
As a MSW graduate, MS offered me an opportunity to develop my clinical skills at a rapid pace. I was exposed to a variety of presenting issues and had the opportunity to work collaboratively with a diverse client base.
Pros
Direct clinical supervision and peer support, Amazing co-workers, flexible options to work from home, encouragement to advance to different roles
Cons
Inadequate pay in comparison to inflation/cost of living
A good start in social services
Although pay isnt great, you learn a lot in your role in the EAP department. I learned about be more attentive the needs of clients while not allowing my emotions to drive the conversation.
Great individuals, poor cohesion
I enjoyed my time with Morneau Shepell but ultimately left the company in discouragement due to lack of opportunity to advance. I encountered well-meaning people at all levels of management but the overall lack of a cohesive vision results in inconsistent messaging and, ultimlately, poor morale.
Pas de recommandation
Pas de soutien. Laissé à soi-même. Production avant la qualité.
Supportive work culture among peers
Same department and interdepartmental great peer support. Manager support up to a certain point unless VP steps in and enforces decisions that are not always the best. Specially VP of the department overseeing Contract Administration and Business Intelligence.
Great team, Great work environment
I enjoyed my time working at Moreau Shepell. I learned a lot and the team is great and people generally care about you. They organize great team events and lots of social outings.
environnement agréable
j'ai appris beaucoup chez MS et il y'a une bonne ambiance de travail
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morneau Shepell. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9