Morneau Shepell Employee Reviews

Salaire / Rémunération
Chef d'Équipe Sénior au Centre de Contacts (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 February 2019
Ceci ne coordonne pas avec ce qu'on demande, le salaire peut être mieux
Pros
Personel
Cons
Salaire
environnement nocif
anonyme (Former Employee) –  Canada15 February 2019
La culture de l'entreprise n'est pas saine, beucoup de politique à l'interne aucun travail d'équipe. Ils embauchent plein de nouveaux employés et par la suite décide d'une réorganisation et licencient plein de gens. C,est une tactique pour essayer de démontrer leur bonne volonté mais cela ne dure pas très longtemps Ils ont une politique embauche = licenciement à prévoir dans quelques mois.
Cons
direction très loin des employés
Agents d'assurance
Agent d'assurance et avantages sociaux (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 February 2019
Un trés bon environnement de travail et conditions favorable au sein du departement
Pire compagnie
Adjoint administratif (Current Employee) –  Montreal20 January 2019
C'est un beau endroit pour faire un stage et prendre de l'expérience. Je ne recommande pas cette compagnie, les valeurs qu'elle stipule ne sont pas respectées. La réconciliation vie professionnelle-vie personnelle n'existe juste pas. On est presque obligé à faire du temps supplémentaire et c'est du temps gratuit. Aucune reconnaissance, pour eux c'est juste normal. Des longs journées de travail extenuantes, sans aucune reconnaissance. Le salaire ne correspond pas à la pression subite et au temps investi dans le travail. Négocier bien le salaire pour 50 h par semaine pour ne pas se sentir exploiter.
Cons
Exploitation des ressources, salaire bas, les valeurs de la cie ne sont pas respectées
good work/life balance
Disability case manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC and12 January 2019
I was able to work from home full time , that was appreciated
they were very understanding and if you needed to leave early for personal reasons, nobody would make any issues as long as you worked your full hours during the week,
Pros
work from home
Cons
not much contact with employees and managers
Great
Crisis and Trauma Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 January 2019
The contract position is ideal because you can keep your regular job and also have this on call position. Sucks when you miss a call though. Overall a great position.
Operating a service to the Gambling Public
Responsible Gambling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2019
In my present job with Morneau Shepell I am employed as a responsible gambling coordinator inside Casino Nova Scotia, Sydney. I have occasion to meet with many members of the gambling public and offer any assistance to them from a responsible gambling education stand point as I represent not only my company but also Nova Scotia Gaming our corporate client. A typical day would be a 12 hr shift (3 times a week) where I work out of our Responsible Gambling Centre ( inside our casino) meeting the gambling public, mingling and offering RG tips and education. I get to learn a great deal about the patrons and how they act with us and while they play. Our management runs out of Moncton & Toronto and we keep in touch on a daily basis.This is a very culturalistic environment to work in serving both the gambling public and dealing cooperatively with various colleagues. The hardest part of my job is convincing the gambling public to rely on true statistical info compared to their own interpretations of odds of winning. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to meet lots of interesting individuals and knowing that I have good management behind me to gage my activity with the gambling public. I will be retiring from this full time position near the end of this year and will be seeking part time employment to supplement my income.
Pros
great management
Cons
If you start a career yes, if you are seeking advancement no
Représentant Bilingue à l'acceuil (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 January 2019
I would not recoomend this comapny to anyone.
They claim to have a employee-wellness driven work culture but it's a lie, the only thing MS cares about is growth and money, even if it means loosing great employees and overworking others.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
attrition and service levels, management
Current Client Care Rep.
CCR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2018
Horrible Management and H.R. team. Very toxic work culture even working from home! It's a shame because they support so many valuable clients. I wanted to advance but Management love to bully & don't support people with disabilities properly.
Pros
working from home
Cons
toxic work culture
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
I have enjoyed all I have learned so far. A lot of changes happening at the same time. Work life balance can be a huge struggle sometimes. Great people to work with!
DB Admin
Pension Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2018
this entire industry is fading.eventually DC will replace DB for the best interest of employer's other than labour. business size is becoming smaller.
Ccr
CLIENT CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 October 2018
As a client care representative, I enjoyed my role at Morneau Shepell and was sad to leave. The management was highly appreciative of the work the employees did.
Disconnected Leadership Team
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2018
Very long days which blur in to personal life. Flexible work environment actually creates blurred lines and plenty of stress. Imbalanced women in leadership roles and the women who are in senior leadership roles are not those in child rearing years or are those who's relationships have ended or who's spouses have committed to being a SAHP. Lots of opportunity to learn and go much beyond your actual role because there is so much to do all the time.
Salary not commemorate with work load and experience. Highly political work environment and growth is limited based to who you know and your values.
Pros
Great collegial relationships
Cons
Great environment to work but minimum growth opportunity
Actuarial analyst - pension administration (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2018
Not a very team oriented workplace. Morneau Shepell was a very good with great management however, not many opportunities for growth and the work is extremely repetitive. Great work-life balance.
Cons
non-challenging work, no growth
easy place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2018
provide very comprehensive training.
Job is very straightforward
Offices at bay are very similar to a call centre
Low pay and no benefits until 6 months.
Pros
Great people and good advancement options
Cons
low pay
Great company to work at and a great management team
Bilingual Vendor Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 October 2018
Great company with a great work culture.

They value each worker's input in the team and they compensate the fact that I'm working home with other advantages.

This a company I recommend
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Some late calls to do, but not so bad
Si vous aimez les défis
Conseiller technique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 October 2018
J'adore MS mais ce n'est pas un endroit pour tous. On travaille comme des fous dans un environnement vraiment stimulant. Il y a de la place pour tous les styles de personnalités et la différence et agréablement bien accueillie. Si vous aimez l'autonomie et le changement EAS est pour vous. Il est utile d'être autodidacte car il y a peu de documentation.

Attention de bien négocier votre salaire à l'entrée pour ne pas être en dessous du marché. Négociez pour 45 heures/semaine sinon vous allez probablement vous sentir abusé.
Pros
dynamique, challengeant, intéressant, stimulant
Cons
Grande pression
Excellent Company, All Around
Senior Developer - SQL Server (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 October 2018
I worked there in 2010. It was a very good experience. Very good managers, and very good Information Systems. The managers were pro-active and charismatic. There was a good balance of women and men at the leadership level, which provided a nice harmonious work environment. Overall, a tremendous experience.
Pros
Good work spaces. Good management.
Cons
Didn't use FILEGROUPS
Great Work/Life Balance
Workforce Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2018
Morneau Shepell really cares about work/life balance and tries very hard to accommodate employees where possible. Most positions are flexible and allow work at home options.
Great Place to Work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2018
Great environment, great management, great benefits, great culture. great location.

Pay not good enough for what is required of you.................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morneau Shepell. Our community is ready to answer.