Morguard

Morguard Employee Reviews

Canada64 reviews
Morguard as a great company to work for. It was my first new construction buidling I was there from occupancy for two years. Would likely still be there has some of the promises that were made when I was hired. Overall the company was good.
I worked with this company for over a year it was an unfortunate situation that caused us to part ways. I would reccomend this company to any up and coming engineers as they do lots of training and always support staff.
i advanced a lot during my 7 years spent with Morguard REIT. Management wants to see you succeed and company has wonderful educational benefits. great company to work for.
I was a manager at Morguard. If you are at a place in your career where you want status quo, this is the place for you. There is no advancement as senior management are old school and micromanagement is festered by leadership. I found leadership poor at making decisions and no thought in evaluating validity of procedures they enacted. My direct manager was very petty and I found that was not uncommon. Glad to get out of that environment!
Pros
They do not FIRE people readily!
Cons
Where do I start...
I worked there for 4 months as Summer student. I learned the basics of office culture, Corporate Marketing and how to work collaboratively. Management is incredible, my bosses were all kind and ready to listen.
Head office promotes good social interaction for employees. Christmas company party. Very generous.

Discounts for Canada's Wonderland, the ROM.

Work wise training on line.

Executives are very approachable including the head of the company Rai .

Support systems for any assistance you need in your personal life.

At BCC we try to do fun things with the staff at Christmas time and in the summer such as a property barbeque etc.
The culture is very good with a lot of long term employees and collaborative departments make an effort to make the process of property management work well for everyone.
The company is full of amazing individuals i have been able to learn from. It has been refreshing to see so many women in management positions and a dedication to educate their employees. I can only hope to work within a team as motivating as i have had with Morguard.
I liked working for morguard
Only problem was i hated being on call.

I loved renovating suites and there was always something to do.

Co-workers were great guys and office staff were very nice too.

I actually think i screwed up by leaving.
This is a great & growing Company to work with, they are very professional in the Management and Operations field they excel in all aspect of Management.
A typical day at work is dealing with administrative, tenant, operational responsibilities.
Access to support, ongoing training, education is what you would expect from working within a corporate environment.

Poor workplace environment. Poor management. Lack of work ethic is ongoing.

Very difficult to accept the deteriorating factors of the work place and property.

Enjoyed some of the connections , relationships developed during my time there.

Don't anticipate change will be occurring in the short or long term.

Dissatisfied tenants, customers.
Pros
Good salary / pay
Cons
I enjoyed the people at Morguard. There were some huge challenges during this time but we supported each other and moved on. The company dissolved my position when the leasing aspectg was sold.
A typical day at work is to arrive work your hardest talk to some people solve some issues and the repeat.

I learned there are some very amazing and nice people here.

Hardest part of the job is trying to ensure others to follow company guidelines and policies..
It's a good place to work. People are usually friendly. They are not the best with communication. Still all around a good place to work. I enjoy working for them.
A good place to work, small group of staff in my area but all go along well and supervisor was approachable and effective. The company has a good work life balance and the employees are treated well.
Great benefits and people. They are people who really care about providing great service but also protecting their employees' work life balance. It is a company that cares that their employees feel productive and valued.
Petty management, disorganized environment and downsizing, made job and daily life unbearable, and eventually led to the ending of my contract.

Bottom line was of more importance than the tenants.

Not the best experience.
professional and productive work environment.
collaborative team always ready to assist.

management ready and able to solve problems, even after hours.
Alot of life timers in this company, not much succession is left for those that are new to the company. Accounting based company that is mainly focused on revenues and not additional resources. Premature thinking in project management
Pros
employee perks
Cons
no succession
Everyone looks towards a move outside the company.

Long-term employees are the ones that rule and they are supported by management.

If you find many long termers, they're happy with the compensation and have no desire to move up the ladder.

Policies and procedures need a complete overhaul and well as the archaic reporting systems.

Make sure you get your reference letter before you leave...nasty comments always follow a "no desire to extend contract"
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Individual support is non existant
Working with Morguard in Parkland mall was pleasant. Management is alright and easy to work with. Very flexible with accommodating to individual needs while assuring equality in the workplace. Laid back environment made it stress free, but with low traffic in the mall and food court made the hours feel longer.
Pros
Laid back. Easy going. In heart of mall. Excellent co-workers and environment
Cons
Lack of traffic made hours feel longer, Oftentimes were overstaffed for the amount of work that needed to be done.