Morguard Employee Reviews

Growing Company and very rewarding organization
Buildng Operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 April 2019
This is a great & growing Company to work with, they are very professional in the Management and Operations field they excel in all aspect of Management.
Management need to be evaluated
Member of the asset management team (Former Employee) –  Northern Ontario6 April 2019
A typical day at work is dealing with administrative, tenant, operational responsibilities.
Access to support, ongoing training, education is what you would expect from working within a corporate environment.
Poor workplace environment. Poor management. Lack of work ethic is ongoing.
Very difficult to accept the deteriorating factors of the work place and property.
Enjoyed some of the connections , relationships developed during my time there.
Don't anticipate change will be occurring in the short or long term.
Dissatisfied tenants, customers.
Pros
Good salary / pay
Fair Company
Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2019
A typical day at work is to arrive work your hardest talk to some people solve some issues and the repeat.

I learned there are some very amazing and nice people here.

Hardest part of the job is trying to ensure others to follow company guidelines and policies..
Maintenance/Janitorial
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 November 2018
It's a good place to work. People are usually friendly. They are not the best with communication. Still all around a good place to work. I enjoy working for them.
A good company to work for.
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgaary, AB8 November 2018
A good place to work, small group of staff in my area but all go along well and supervisor was approachable and effective. The company has a good work life balance and the employees are treated well.
Great Work Life Balance with people who are focused on providing Great Service for their tenants and clients.
Property Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2018
Great benefits and people. They are people who really care about providing great service but also protecting their employees' work life balance. It is a company that cares that their employees feel productive and valued.
Petty Management and Downsizing.
Junior Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 October 2018
Petty management, disorganized environment and downsizing, made job and daily life unbearable, and eventually led to the ending of my contract.

Bottom line was of more importance than the tenants.

Not the best experience.
great experience
Office 365 Subject Matter Expert Contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 August 2018
professional and productive work environment.
collaborative team always ready to assist.
management ready and able to solve problems, even after hours.
Succession Plan
HR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 July 2018
Alot of life timers in this company, not much succession is left for those that are new to the company. Accounting based company that is mainly focused on revenues and not additional resources. Premature thinking in project management
Pros
employee perks
Cons
no succession
Micro managed is the norm
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2018
Everyone looks towards a move outside the company.

Long-term employees are the ones that rule and they are supported by management.

If you find many long termers, they're happy with the compensation and have no desire to move up the ladder.

Policies and procedures need a complete overhaul and well as the archaic reporting systems.

Make sure you get your reference letter before you leave...nasty comments always follow a "no desire to extend contract"
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Individual support is non existant
Easy going workplace in Mall.
Red Deer - Seasonal Food Court attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 June 2018
Working with Morguard in Parkland mall was pleasant. Management is alright and easy to work with. Very flexible with accommodating to individual needs while assuring equality in the workplace. Laid back environment made it stress free, but with low traffic in the mall and food court made the hours feel longer.
Pros
Laid back. Easy going. In heart of mall. Excellent co-workers and environment
Cons
Lack of traffic made hours feel longer, Oftentimes were overstaffed for the amount of work that needed to be done.
Morguard
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2018
Morguard is an amazing company to work for. The company is Respectable to all employees and always works at building those within the company and promoting members of the team based on there hard work and dedication.

Morguard provides comfortable environment to work in and handles each situation in a professional and reasonable manner.

The hardest part is the length of time it takes for approval to come from head office for site level requirements.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Length of time to act on matters
Commercial Painter for 5 years
Contractor (Former Employee) –  350 Sparks, Ottawa10 May 2018
Painted all the garages, walls in the buildings and offices.
Typically 8 hours a day as per contract, yearly renewed, paid all the insurance, wsib etc.
Pros
No bosses, responded to building manager, work- invoice
Cons
Sometimes late day work, emptied offices for painting
Pleasant work environment and great staff and management
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2018
Greeted visitors - internal and external
Ensured WSIB and Liability Insurance was on file for contractors working on site.
Professional work culture
Friendly environment
Productive and professional workplace
Administrative Assistant (Spring and Summer) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2018
A very professional workplace. A typical day at work involved communicating among various departments and maintaining an organized work area and to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
Great work place
Senior Leasing Manager/Director of Retail Leasing (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 February 2018
Morguard has been a great place to work and to learn. I have become the professional that I'm today, thanks to the management stiles that have formed me during all these years.
Pros
Great company to learn
Cons
slow careers advance
New residential building under construction
LEASING PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
Company is a large private owned company.
Forest Hill construction site.
Rented from floor plans.
Great staff and management.
Benefits were good.
Dealing with new tenants was rewarding.
Pros
Results were rewarding
my job description
Concierge supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2018
typical day at work is a very busy one as we have a lot of guest that's in and out , contractors and well wishers. The building is a pet friendly place filled with all different breads on especially dogs .

I ve learnt a lot working for this building beside the property manager and the super,learnt a lot about the by laws of a building ,about the different races and surrounding neighboringhood.

my hardest part of my job is not knowing what will happen when I'm not there what I will miss but I trained a team of professional that would help me keep the building and resident safe while I'm not there
I ve had many enjoyable days at that location because everyone that lives there and there guest were very friendly and co operative,the actually help make our job easy and successful.
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 January 2018
Enjoyed working here for the most part. Benefits are good and pay is good. They gave me an opportunity even though I didn't have a lot of relevant job experience.
Productive workplace
Senior Accountant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2017
Fun to work
Long hours normally
Great Management
Team building spirit games
Good Environment
Motivate employees
Always something to learn
Multicultural environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morguard. Our community is ready to answer.