Morgan Truck Body Employee Reviews

High Turnover
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA17 March 2019
Extremely high turnover at all levels. The place goes through supervisors like crazy. People either quit due to the excessive number of hours you are expected to work or get fired because you can not meet ridiculous expectations and burnout.
Pros
It is a paycheck
Cons
High turnover.
Quarterly cookouts and ensentive programs.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA23 February 2019
Morgan was a great place to work. They taught me many job skills. They taught me how to weld and how to operate a multitude of power tools and vehicles. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Team medic on standby.
Cons
Expensive healthcare.
Productive and competitive work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading, PA12 February 2019
Morgan truckbody is a competitive and productive workplace for employees who would like to devote their future to a positive change. People are like family their. Employees take their job very serious
Pros
Family enviornment
Cons
Climent change during the 4 seasons
It’s 50/50 not a job for me personally but we are all different
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  PA1 February 2019
Feel like the job is too stressing , they expect you to adapt to everyone’s speed at a way too early time all they care about is production the pay is not worth the pressure they put on you ! Personal experiences they want production production they don’t care about your important things such as bathroom usage or even taking a second to grab a sip of water , days off etc . Overall it’s real fast paced , 40 min unpaid lunch , attendance is a big role!!
Cons
Management, stressful, pay, hours, heavy work
Manager in paint rasit dirty lies through his teeth
Painter (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA24 January 2019
Mangers lie an the big problem with the co. Replace mangers if you want the co to get better. Nothing but bad reviews would think upper management would do something
Pros
Benifites
Cons
Managers
Fast paced job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA29 December 2018
It is a very faced pasted job, with a lot of pressure to get the job done. they don't pay for your lunch, so you work an extra half an hour. some of the management treat you poorly.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Great job
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL11 December 2018
It was as good company but had bad management. Work orders never made any since. They had prefab parts. Parts were never ordered right or on time. but overall good job.
People were great and the working atmosphere was relaxed
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA5 December 2018
Good place to work if you just need a regular job. The pay was okay and the managers were okay but there isn't much room to advance in the company. Great place for a dead end job.
Hope you like a small bank account
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TX5 December 2018
The people who are not management at Morgan are great. Everyone that has been there 10 plus years had to sell their soul to stay there that long. At nights, they used to come in at 9pm, late enough so you could see your kids after school. New manager comes in and says," Hey, that's too late for me, that's my bedtime, so I'm gonna bring everyone in at 5pm so we can have the morning meeting before I leave". Not kidding, really happened. Most guys get there stuff done and go home. Production line gets the shaft. Not their fault, just inadequate leadership. I was paid ok ,but it was so-so for the area. They have no clue how to run a company in Corsicana,Texas!
Pros
Always something to do, days go by fast
Cons
long hours standing, pay is bad, FUBAR BOHICA constantly
Morgan
Production Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, PA18 October 2018
Morgan promises advancement however if you don't have a criminal back ground you won't advanced. It seemed as if everyone there was in Berks county prison at some point and every one knew everyone from prison.
Pros
safety and great medical benefits
Cons
long hours, changed almost immediately, promises are broken from upper management
Average
Hydraulics Technician (Former Employee) –  White, GA4 June 2018
AVERAGE Company has average benefit. Long hours. After graduation I pushed to become the very best craftsman I would able to become. Unfortunately advancement is minimal
not the worst, but going down hill
Welder/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PA25 April 2018
Take on more work than the plant can handle and creates stressful environment and brings less than desirable new employees. "open door policy" is a joke and supervisors rarely consider subordinates opinions. overachievers are treated the same as the lazy employees
Pros
security and steady work
Cons
poor management
Competitive
Supervisor/Welder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA29 January 2018
The job at Morgan corporation was based on working the minute you clocked in. Nothing fun about it. Only thing is some were friendly and others were just there to make money and go home
Hurry up and wait
Welder (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA21 September 2017
Not a terrible place to work. The production team were all good people. Getting the right materials was always a nightmare. A good place to go as a stepping stone to something better
Morgan Truck co.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA20 September 2017
Extremely stressfull environment. employees often sick or injured due to over labor. Also, no time left for Family or Personal Recreation. Finally, The harsh overtime in such a poor environment, with such a horrible hourly rate to boot.
Good place to start
Traffic Lead (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA14 June 2017
The company will always put their needs in front of yours. They are content in paying associates minimum wage, there has never been an increase since I've worked here. There is never increases given on merit, nothing for how hard you work or how much you save the company. This is a great place for your first job, learn something, but move on! We have team members that have been here 19 years and make less than 40K a year.
Pros
Good location, small plant
Cons
No money to made here
Very little training provided.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA3 May 2017
Not someplace for a lifetime career. I really do not have anything else to say about Morgan Corp. I feel bad about some things that happened to other employees while I was there. I'm not sorry to be out of there.
Pros
Cons
Many
interesting
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WI18 April 2017
Good teaching new skills to someone and understanding staff and coworkers location within walking distance if it were needed good team players who take pride in work
Okay
Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA22 January 2017
Good place to work. Hard work. People are rough but okay. Upper management doesn't care about the workers they just want their product done. Sometimes brutal work conditions.
Try to prepare many truck as we could in 8 or 10 hours. I love the guys I work with they made it alot of fun.
Welder and fabricator /Lead man (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TX5 November 2016
Prepare chassis and weld them or cut them down to the size it call for. I learn how to read a work order. The management was ok. I love the team I had. Great guys. The hardest part about the job was having to do so much and the pay stay the same. The helper and a team leader making the same. My team mates.
Pros
Work with a great team. A way to take care of my family.
Cons
Do not like to give any raises. They give you more responsibility but no money with it.