Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

great place to work
Invest-Line Portfolio Management (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NY20 September 2018
Thank you for the positive review and kind words on my performance evaluation. It means a great deal to me that I have earned your trust and your confidence. I assure you, I am ready to tackle new challenges and continue to do all I can to be a contributing, effective member of your team to any org.
Can be great, if you are lucky
C++ Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 August 2018
There is somewhat a disconnect between upper management and the lower levels management. Plans and vision that seem interesting are too often botched when implemented because of politics and "pointy-haired bosses". Lots of reorganization that don't really change anything. Who you know is actually more important than what you do and how well you do it.
Pros
Interesting technologies
Cons
No real bonus, IT not seen as important
Forcing me to fill out a survey is nonesense
DBA (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 August 2018
I do not wish to volunteer a review, not today, not tomorrow, the day after or the day after that or the other day or yesterday.
Respect my wish for privacy
Pros
get paid
Cons
mostly get paid
Good work life balance
Technology Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 August 2018
Good work-life balance. Multiple sets of technologies being used in the firm. Senior Managers are located in New York for most of the teams. Good option to start work with especially for those who are interested in the financial services.
Efficient
Greenplum Developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 June 2018
Good and efficient infrastructure.
People know what they are talking about.
Things are done fast.
Mobility is easy
Learning new topics and technologies are easy
Pros
Knowledgeable people
Cons
Sometimes treated like children
Productive and fun filled environment
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 June 2018
I have spent most of my career working as a developer for investment banks. Having worked at multiple global investment banks, one area where Morgan Stanley stands out is quality of peers. I had a great time learning from my colleagues and supervisors here and would love to join back the firm at a later point of time
Good Working Place
Data Scientist - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 May 2018
Morgan is a great place to work in. You can take a very good work-family balance. At the same time, you have chance to try all the possible new tech for data technology there.
Very flexible and fun workplace
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2018
I really liked working for Morgan Stanley at Montreal Office. The job pressure was balanced, and flexible hours were one of the main alluring matter for me.
Pros
Free coffee, Flexible work hours, work from home
Cons
No free employee parking
Great workplace
Sr. Project Manager / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2018
A great place to work and great experience in the Montreal office. Was exposed to many exciting technology projects within fintech and investment banking.
Very very good work experience
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2017
I like the flexible and friendly work environment and many many talented colleague.
If I have a change, I want to work for Morgan Stanley again.
I shall miss MS very much.
Excellent place to work at
EI Risk Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 October 2017
I worked at the Montreal satellite office, liaising between teams located in the US, UK, Hong Kong and Europe. The work/life balance is carefully observed, and the people and the quality managers contribute to stress-free, very productive environment. I would recommend this company if you find these qualities important for a workplace.
Pros
Discounts from retailers for employees, employment package benefits
Cons
None experienced
Good Technologies - Bad Management
Exchange Connectivity Integrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2017
Morgan Stanley is leading Fintech Company, the most enjoyable part of it is the cutting edge technologies, but the Bad management makes it bad workplace.
HR / Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2017
Everyone here is very nice, helpful and friendly. There is always lots of support. Very close community.
Management is always supportive, caring, understanding.
Huge focus on career growth, and mobility.
good workplace as FTE
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2017
If you want to be a full-time employee, this is a good place to start your career. With a global working environment and internal mobility program, you get chances to improve your professional skills and work across different teams.

When it's time for you to go one more level up, it takes time and depends on your team.
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
overtime without pay while expected bonus can be flat for a few years
Excellant Experience
VP-Wealth Management (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC27 July 2017
This is a great place to work, and the firm does its best to ensure employees are happy.

If you are not familiar with banking or industry practices, there is a ton of knowledge readily available.

Benefits, culture is great.
Good Exposure at onsite
Automation Specialist-Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal , Canada22 May 2017
received good exposure at onsite (Canada) & chance to work closely with the client on DBA activities. Also, was SPOC for setting up test environments in SIT/UAT
Pros
Onsite exposure
Cons
less duration
Awesome place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2017
Management is awesome and helps employees to remove obstacles. The culture is extremely friendly and promotes working together. Working at Morgan Stanley is ideal for someone who is looking to work in a state of the art environment providing for great learning experiences.
Pros
People and Type of Work
Great workplace.
Senior Project Manager - IT (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2017
Great workplace with great people. Focus on helping each other to innovate. Hard on problem and soft on people. Great environment with several tools to have efficient collaboration.
Amazing place to work
Java Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2017
Great technology, open door culture, possible to move laterally, ideal for career growth. Lots of benefits, multicultural, well located in old montreal.
Excellent
Senior Project Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC19 September 2016
A demanding and exciting opportunity in extending my interpersonal and experiential skill in a dynamic environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.

51K