Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 51 reviews matching the search See all 3,153 reviews
Stifling Environment
Technology Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 March 2019
While some people might enjoy the stability of a corporate job, and the static progression path a financial institution can offer, I felt like the slow moving bureaucracy and corporate overload mentality was too restricting and demoralizing.
Very competitive work environment.
Cybersecurity analyst - Vulnerability management (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 March 2019
A lot of micro-management from the manager I had.
People are friendly, but work is based on competition more than on collaboration.
Overall, not a very good experience.
Team work and Environment
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2019
Its almost 2.8 years and still working with Morgan Stanley. Great place to learn things and will come across various internal tools developed and used by various team. Loved my team and work environment
Not great but pretty good overall
VP in Technology (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 February 2019
Company as a whole is pretty good. Montreal salaries are above average but far from top notch! Good benefits!

Total job insecurity as in most Wall Street banks! Promotions are quite hard so better negotiate what you want salary/position-wise upfront!

Politics wins 100% of the time over simply prudent/rational decisions.

As in most big companies meaningful change is slow and painful.

Senior management is far from tech savvy which is the least to say annoying for younger generations which they so claim they want to win to come and stay at the company... it's a dinosaur of a company basically that way despite of it having almost any old & new technology you can think of. So yes, they have the tech, it's just not being used to its potential due to politics, misunderstanding of how to be used, how quickly to be deployed, etc.

Diversity candidates are a major priority and actively sought out sometimes at expense of qualifications even...
Pros
Good name on your CV, smart colleagues
Cons
weak management, politics, bureaucracy
A good place to work at
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 February 2019
Overall, a very good place to work at.

The average of quality of the people at the firm is at top level, compared with other companies. The people here are smart, motivated; and the firm's reputation is great.
good working environment
Senior Developer and Integrator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2019
It is good highly technical environment. Management is very flexible and accommodative. Just means business. very respectful. Only thing is it is demanding and work hours are routinely much longer.
Pros
technial, accommodative, flexible
Cons
longer working hours, less salary
Great company
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 January 2019
Team is very professional. Great projects. Working on the latest technologies. Structure is a bit top-heavy, but it's understandable since it's a finance firm
magnifique
Coordonnateur de plancher (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2018
très belle expérience, beaucoup appris sur la gestion de personnelle et comment diriger une équipe
great place to work
Invest-Line Portfolio Management (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NY20 September 2018
Thank you for the positive review and kind words on my performance evaluation. It means a great deal to me that I have earned your trust and your confidence. I assure you, I am ready to tackle new challenges and continue to do all I can to be a contributing, effective member of your team to any org.
Employees are numbers
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2018
Employees are seen as numbers and work \life balance is non-existent. At least that's the expectation for any form of advancment. Politics plays a very large role here.
Can be great, if you are lucky
C++ Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 August 2018
There is somewhat a disconnect between upper management and the lower levels management. Plans and vision that seem interesting are too often botched when implemented because of politics and "pointy-haired bosses". Lots of reorganization that don't really change anything. Who you know is actually more important than what you do and how well you do it.
Pros
Interesting technologies
Cons
No real bonus, IT not seen as important
Forcing me to fill out a survey is nonesense
DBA (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 August 2018
I do not wish to volunteer a review, not today, not tomorrow, the day after or the day after that or the other day or yesterday.
Respect my wish for privacy
Pros
get paid
Cons
mostly get paid
Good work life balance
Technology Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 August 2018
Good work-life balance. Multiple sets of technologies being used in the firm. Senior Managers are located in New York for most of the teams. Good option to start work with especially for those who are interested in the financial services.
Efficient
Greenplum Developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 June 2018
Good and efficient infrastructure.
People know what they are talking about.
Things are done fast.
Mobility is easy
Learning new topics and technologies are easy
Pros
Knowledgeable people
Cons
Sometimes treated like children
Productive and fun filled environment
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 June 2018
I have spent most of my career working as a developer for investment banks. Having worked at multiple global investment banks, one area where Morgan Stanley stands out is quality of peers. I had a great time learning from my colleagues and supervisors here and would love to join back the firm at a later point of time
Good Working Place
Data Scientist - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 May 2018
Morgan is a great place to work in. You can take a very good work-family balance. At the same time, you have chance to try all the possible new tech for data technology there.
Very flexible and fun workplace
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2018
I really liked working for Morgan Stanley at Montreal Office. The job pressure was balanced, and flexible hours were one of the main alluring matter for me.
Pros
Free coffee, Flexible work hours, work from home
Cons
No free employee parking
Great workplace
Sr. Project Manager / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2018
A great place to work and great experience in the Montreal office. Was exposed to many exciting technology projects within fintech and investment banking.
Very very good work experience
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2017
I like the flexible and friendly work environment and many many talented colleague.
If I have a change, I want to work for Morgan Stanley again.
I shall miss MS very much.
Excellent place to work at
EI Risk Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 October 2017
I worked at the Montreal satellite office, liaising between teams located in the US, UK, Hong Kong and Europe. The work/life balance is carefully observed, and the people and the quality managers contribute to stress-free, very productive environment. I would recommend this company if you find these qualities important for a workplace.
Pros
Discounts from retailers for employees, employment package benefits
Cons
None experienced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K