Morgan Corporation Employee Reviews

quick pace environment, stressful at times
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Ehrenberg, AZ 853345 August 2018
Enjoyed my time there, although the job is too hard for the money I was getting. During the busy season, they want a lot of trucks to go through. If we proved that we could do 6 in eight hours, they would ask for 7.
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
most of the over time is in the middle of summer
N/a
Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL4 August 2018
Would possibly for again, if they offered better work conditions, some conditions are very unsafe. Would recommend for anyone that has felony record and needs a job though.
Loved grading and pipe work
Equipment Operator and natural gas (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SC1 August 2018
Love grade and running equipment and looping and doing natural gas lines . Located them and learning other how to.do.so and love the the hours and being out side
Very strict on safety
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Rydal, GA31 July 2018
I hat worked here for over a year, mess up one time and get a cut that needed stitches and was terminated the following day. It’s extremely stressful, and you can’t leave until your schedule for the night has been met no matter how many hours you work. The plant itself is hot as an oven. Very hard to move up, however, if you’re reading this and end up getting the job. Help in every area you can so you know more. That’s what will help you the most
Pros
Great benefits. Lots of hours
Cons
No care for employees. Management horrible.
Work/life balance is not in place at this company
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL25 July 2018
Ten hour work days plus 6 day work week eliminates any form of outside life. Start work at 0600, not released until 4:30 pm. daily, lunch was at 10:30 am.
Pros
No lay off. Steady employment
Cons
Lunch to early in day.
Production Associate
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL25 July 2018
Stay away! Horrible place to work job is competitive always threatening lay offs, Morgan is not a family friendly company you work 5 tens Mon-Friand 8 on Saturday. All they care about is production. Not enough training.
Pros
Pay
Cons
short breaks, no family life, always threating layoffs, hot, competitve
Hot but alright pay good people to work with
Roofer (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TX 7510925 July 2018
I would work for them agin they take care of there employs rather well grate benefits The management Is good and try to help hoe ever they can...
Interesting though repetitive work
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA23 July 2018
Genuine attempts at proper training. The Line is a team and all are subject to congratulations as well as failures regardless of individual performance. Because of this you are more likely to obtain assistance and clarification when needed by your coworkers so the team doesn't suffer due to an individual.
Pros
Team atmosphere, coworker cooperation
Cons
mediocre compensation, individual performance lost above line management
i would not recommend morgan
Welder (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TX23 July 2018
A typical work day is vary stressful and very fast paced. if your going to learn is what you teach yourself. it is not a point that the management goes for management is very greedy all they want is production.As far as coworker a lot of real good people.the hardest part is trying to keep up with what they and not enough pay and no family life
Pros
good coworker
Cons
no ventilation
welder
Welder (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TX16 July 2018
welders need to get paid more, finishing welders need to be paid a lot more than 12-14 dollars an hour, welding is a skill not many people posses and also you are not just welding and fabricating. you also wire hydraulics, and electrical components. you also fabricate to put in walk ramps as well. And also 10 cents a year is top out cost of living raise.
Pros
co-worker
Cons
management, pay, raises
Big mistake if you apply with morgan
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WI12 July 2018
Liars. Morgan posts jobs on here, Craigslist and through multiple temp agencies. Applied for a job here, told through management/interview that the job I applied for was already filled from within... BUT, they could offer me another job welding, given my experience. SOOO... my foot is in the door. Nearly a month later, (along with poor excuses,) I finally get to learn some welding. Very short lived. No sooner I learn that job, and they have me training someone else to do it. In the meantime, the job I originally applied for is reposted again on here and multiple other sites. It's a pull the wool over your eyes shim sham scam just to get bodies through the door. Liars. They're all about learn this and that... the more you know, the more you make...etc... ship you around from station to station like a delirious nomad minion slave. And you must produce... be proficient in each area and make their numbers... SOOO... I did... I should be at a p2 or 3 by now. (There is 4 production levels, 4 being highest) Aaannnddd... my 90 day review comes around. NO RAISE. Have never missed a day or been late in 6 months. No points. NO RAISE. That's how Morgan treats it's employees. They don't care. They will just go to the jail or another temp agency for another monkey to drill holes all day and pop in rivets and screws. Jeez... how can they get away with this? Think about this: if they hire you in at 12 an hour, and a year later you finally get a raise, you will probably be at 12.50 an hour. Yay. Looking for other work here and I would advise you to do the same. The line leads and supervisors  more... will pull you off from the job your doing and put you on another job unfinished, and tell you you're not doing your job... leaving everyone else standing around... Actually stopping production. No life married to the job supervisors and line leads that pride themselves in others failure. Horrible work culture and morale. Others make you feel like you have no right to work there. Maybe if I was hired for the job you posted and I applied for, I could be more useful for the company. Sorry. Jeepers.  less
Pros
Earning flex time. Free donuts saturday.
Cons
As stated above
general overview
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA11 July 2018
good place to work if you are not looking for permanent position. this is a place to work for those who are down on their luck and need to work to support their families. good work for any on probation or parole as they work closely with organizations and persons that need to have work for legal reasons. would not suggest this as a career as some of what you learn can be best used in other jobs.
Pros
free holiday lunches and hot weather liquids provided free
Cons
poor custodial services and lackluster concern about employees
Good Benefits
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, PA9 July 2018
it was a good job. Had decent pay Monday through Friday and good benefits. Lots of holidays off but was very hard work with heavy lifting throughout the day.
Fast Pace
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WI11 June 2018
Quick job to learn, making sure everything is in the right spot. One mistake and the entire rook will wear down in a matter of months. Had to make sure the job you were doing was right.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Late days
Bad management, unfair hours
Welder/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WI8 June 2018
When I was being hired at Morgan, they told me we would be working 6 hours on saturday maybe once a month, when I got there we worked every single saturdy 8-9 hours. Most of the time, our section wasnt behind, but they forced us to come anyway. If you wanted a day off in the future, forget it. I heard stories of people asking for saturdays off three weeks in the future and they were denied.
Basically, management lies to you when your getting hired because they dont want to make it sound like a bad place. Within 2 weeks of working there, 3 people quit in my section alone. Until management starts caring about their employees, this is a bad place to work.
Summary
assist in training (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NC6 June 2018
It was a construction site that had machines in and out, new hire orientations, inventory, ordering of supplies. Data entry of payrol and machine hours
Pros
good mney and benefits
Cons
work setting not the best, construction site, messy and can be dangerous
Stay away
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL3 June 2018
Has no advancement people that been there awhile act like their mad at you for wanting to work there just a bunch of foolishness. This job of being a material handler was a waste of time it had little to no training at all
Pros
Cons
Long hours nothing to do trying to stay busy with nothing to do at all
Stay Away
Stock and Custom Line Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA25 May 2018
It is by far the worst place I have ever worked at. Extremely unprofessional behavior at all levels. People are miserable there. I advise to stay away.
Ok job
Truck Assembler (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA21 May 2018
I was in charge of attaching rear and front of the truck body and then after I was done I would go help who ever needed help. Its a good job to start off
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Pay
Poor Managment
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WI14 May 2018
was there for about a week and within that week i got harassed from the receptionist and also an employee in the office as well. Never did I experience such unprofessionalism at a workplace. When i was interviewed i had mentioned that i spoke Spanish for one of my skills and they told me my language wasn't needed that the Arizona Plant would like me instead.
Pros
good working hours in office
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.