Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Employee Reviews

good work enviroment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 February 2017
it was a great place to work other than no position guarantee,the most enjoyable part of working for them was the crew nd supervisors they where very hands on with problems and easily solved with the field
good
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2017
good team and communication, safe work is always on the top. be able to work in cold weather and long hours. the foreman are aways open if you have problem.
Pros
great
Cons
good hours
fun at work place with jogging
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 December 2016
i liked working with them because they have great management, great workers, over the all they helped a lot to improve and being ready for any new challenge.
organized and friendly
Rock Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2016
Great Staff to work with
working outside
boss was nice easy to work for
safety meeting in morning were always good

Building road in a different way then I am use to
was a excellent experience jpb culture great. management excellent
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
I enjoyed working there even though I only lasted 2weeks . The supervisor was professional and informative about what tasks are expected and safety was always stressed.Co worker's were professional and helpful .Hr department was highly organized
and pleasant to deal with .
Pros
great pay great company everyone very professional and welcoming
Cons
to labour extensive for myself young worker ok
un jour active et agreable
technecian en batiment (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON28 September 2016
-Management des equipes de travaile
-arranger et d'achats des materials
-surveiller et collaborer les travailles comme:
plomberie, chauffage, electricite et exc.
Decent place too work. Inexperienced management
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC22 June 2016
Good jobs and work but the management in and out of the office is very unorganized and inexperienced. They are friendly and good bosses just need some more experience.
Fun place to work
Rock Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2016
for the time i was employed with them , it was a fun and productive place to work , management were easy to get along with , they gave us the daily work scope and made it interesting
Standard Job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB27 February 2016
Typical work day was various hours

Learned safe work permits

Management was average

Co-workers were good

Hardest part of the job was wait time before work would begin

Enjoyable part of the job was being outdoors
Allot of work out of town in camps. They don't allow employees to bring vehicles. you must travel in a crew van.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray18 February 2016
The jobs you do are fine if not enjoyable, but if you work out of a camp; you are stuck at that camp for three weeks. Most of the people you work with are easy to get along with.
Pros
Direct deposite
Cons
allot of work in camps with no transportation to any near by town.
Kept in the dark and treated like diposable garbage
Excavator/Dozer Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2016
Very disorganized company. very clicky, if you wernt one of the boys you were nothing. You wernt told about changes till the last second. they would switch off a job at a moments notice and not explain why. Kept operators that were not safe or even good at their jobs because they were friends of someone else.
Pros
beter then being unemployed
Cons
everything else
A diverse company which offered many different oppurtunities to expand my knowledge.
Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2015
A day in a Morgan Construction position has you getting up early, travelling by bus or truck to the job site, participating in a group safety meeting, recieving your assignments for the day, then going straight to work in rock trucks, etc. I have learned how to work safetly in the field while obtaining many certificates to help me do so. My management was enjoyable and I quickly became friends with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is constantly being away from home and my family. I found the most enjoyable part was developing relationships with people in all fields of expertise.
overall good workplace.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake AB13 September 2015
Great co-workers to work along side with, Safe environment to work in. Good variety in different tasks to do. Foreman's pushed you to do your best and made most days enjoyable to be there.
not good company unfair in treatment of workers
Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  acheson alberta26 July 2015
take money from employees every day. treat employees with distane all the time. The management team are unfair in dealings with employees.
Pros
Cons
lodts
A very safety conscience company to work for.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 May 2015
My typical day at work started with safety meetings and tool box meetings with our supervisor and crew, which made our daily duties more clear and organized.

I learned that safety is the most important duty at work, next to being present. Paying attention to management detail(s) allows the crew members to perform their duties effeciently in an organized manner.

The hardest part of the job is compensating for crew members who are lacking to details from management. On the other hand, the most enjoying part of the job is the ability to problem solve cohesively according to detail, and requirment from management.
Pros
Overtime Hours
Cons
Bad Weather
Good company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2015
Good company to work for overall, great management with a good work culture, very high on safety and wonderful safety officers. Enjoyed working with this company and all the best to them in the future.
Pros
Great people
Lots of good employee's
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB7 April 2015
Lots of good people to work with there. There is no job security there.
If your lucky you might get 4 months work a year. Wages are low compared to other construction companies in Alberta. They like to hire temporary foreign workers from Ireland, which they get cheaper and then Canadian employee's sit at home. Do yourself a favor and get a job with the likes of, Thompson Brothers, Graham Brothers, North American
Pros
Good employee's
Cons
Lots of lies from foreman
Work from Home
Project Admin (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2015
Generally my work comes in around 6:30, I would check my eSES reports first to make sure all the invoices I uploaded to the client were accepted by them. I would then start printing all the timesheets for the men and equipment, put them in the payroll tally and the equipment in the equipment tally. At this point after I know I'm not missing anyone or there is duplicate Unit #'s I would enter them into Spira to make a DMT. After they are created I check them manually to the DTS and then do a pivot table to make sure everything balances and is correct. Then I would create invoices and then scan them, I would then go into Report Manager and download the files and then attach the files I have scanned. As the files need to be adjusted, then double checked, then upload them into a program called Ariba. I then put them onto a spreadsheet and send them into head office. I feel lucky to have worked both in office and the field as each has its benefits knowing what the field goes through to get the invoices with the proper information to the office and the office trying to get the field workers to supply them with the correct info, I found it very beneficial to understand both sides.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
I don't have my own job when I work in the office
Camp Work with Morgan
Operation Management Support (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 September 2014
12 hour shifts in the oil sands environment were made easier by the safety culture adopted. 100 % buy in of this culture was needed. I enjoyed working with the a very diverse hard working group of people
Overall pretty good
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Alberta1 July 2014
Morgan is a great place to work but it's pretty unstable at the moment.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Stability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Reviews by Location