Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Employee Reviews

Lack of respect for employees
Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2019
This company has a revolving door policy and doesn't treat their human resource's as a resource. They could care less about keeping current employees happy with the company, that's way you always find them here recruiting new victims. Half of their supervisors are noobs, so depending where they send you will dictate if you have a positive experience. If they're going to send you to fort hills better rethink you options. If your looking to gain experience on a equipment they do have some decent gear. Overall if you are a experienced operator don't waste your time unless your desperate for work and willing to put up with their BS.
Pros
they do have winter work
Cons
to many to list
We believe in respect
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 May 2019
Working for Morgan gave me the ability to challenge myself and gain a higher level of knowledge in safety and being part of a family.
The best part was the people who worked beside you...
doing a job well done was the goal of the day and doing it safely.
we all took great responsibility in making sure we all went home at the end of the day.
Management was great,always willing to answer any concerns or questions.
Foreman's showed great leadership skills and providing all the necessary procedures to do the job effectively and efficiently.
They were always there to lend a hand and help out if needed.
Friendly and always welcoming.
I will always value my time with Morgan.
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Bad weather
Worst company I ever worked at
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Fort hills26 April 2019
The management at fort hills is a joke. They believe women should only be truck drivers and packer operators. They under pay, and tell you it’s because the “economy is in rough shape”.
They will lay people off and not tell them till they end up at the airport with no plane ticket.
10/10 do not recommend unless you’re desperate for a job like I was.
Pros
The few decent people who work there
Cons
absolutely everything.
Family work life balance
Grader Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2019
I love working here as we all are like a family. We all have respect for one another and rely on each other for getting things done safely. The foreman and management are good people to work for and make the environment a good place to work
Pros
Camp
Not worth the time.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB18 March 2019
Absolutely worst place to work. The superintendents on the Fort Hills project do not have a clue what they are doing. I have seen kindergarten classes run better than that job. There is a good reason for the turn over rate they have. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Cons
Nick Erb
This company is a waste of time
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort hills12 March 2019
I fully agree with run as far away from the bunch of tools they have running the fort hills operations. I can not believe Suncor even has these bunch of idoits up there! One of the worst companies I have ever had the displeasure of coming into contact with. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!
Cons
One of the worst companies out there
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 March 2019
Promise you lots of work but will lay you off after a single job and not even have the decency or professionalism to tell you about it! Constant lies about work coming right up to try to keep you.
Their work practices and shortcuts out at Fort Hills are bordering on criminal.
The office staff is the most uncommunicative, rude and belligerent bunch of people I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with.
There is no work/life balance because they don’t care and the wages are absolutely some of the lowest in the industry.
They have a huge turn over because they are a terrible company to work for. People don’t walk away from jobs, they walk away from nasty employers.
Cons
Management, low wages, no work/life balance, constant lies about upcoming work that never materializes
It is a great enviroment towork in.
Lead hand, Fuel and Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2019
Co workers and supervisors are great to work with and for. General superintendent is easy to approach and talk to. Just a great environment to be a part of.
nice camp and food
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB17 February 2019
really liked working there,the foreman and crews were nice, the culture was pretty good the hardest part of the job was swinging between days and nights, job security was an every day worry
Pros
free food and lodging
Cons
job security
Excellent company to grow with
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Mechanic) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2019
Great experience at Morgan Construction. They supported me through my apprenticeship program and a life changing event. 21-7 was a long set and not always beneficial. However, that has been changed to 21-10.
Good company to work for
Laborer and temporary equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta and British Columbia14 February 2019
Great place to work and learned a lot about safety and the locations of all the jobs required.The transportation to and from the jobs and the camp accommodations.
Pros
Wide range of work duties
Cons
working out in the weather
Run!
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 February 2019
Management sucks.... HR is a complete joke..... wages are a complete joke.... RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY! I put in an “rat card” because they had a guy driving me plus the crew on a suspended drivers licence from a DUI.... I got pushed out of this company for that reason, and the final decision came from THE SUPERINTENDENT!!!
Cheapest company out there and very unorganized
Rock Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 February 2019
Hired for a rock truck driver spent 95% labouring. Shorted on hrs 3 times in two weeks make sure you keep good track of the hrs you work. pay is the worst I ever seen. Pay for your own coveralls, only flights from Edmonton or Calgary it should be your closest airport like other companies no room to move up, and favouritism is really high. Never going to work here again
Pros
It’s a job
Run well you can !!!
Fuel and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB27 January 2019
Worked as a fuel & lube truck driver...
But there's no trucks to driver . They Break down and don't fix them . They have F350 as back ups . Pitting all the hazardous chemicals in the backseat like DEF that's cancerous and hazardous to your respiratory system . Refuse to put myself at risk and operate the truck . Was told don't worry just do it we'll take care of it soon 4 days later pack my bags and left
Pros
There are 0
Cons
All of it
Works work, but be forewarned
Operator / Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alberta27 January 2019
Hearsay and speculation will be a constant. Regardless of ability or quality of work, don't expect much in any regard. Even vetted employees admit you're better off elsewhere if you can find the work.
After being *released* I was not informed and was only aware of the fact when I showed up at the airport and was told my flight was canceled by a flight attendant. Took them nearly 3 weeks for my PPE to be returned to me and communication was beyond poor while I was attempting to get the information as to why I was released and why I was not informed about not returning, when I was finally told why, it was an entirely speculated reason with no opportunity to even defend myself.
This person said such such and that was the end of it in their books.

One good side. The rotation and camp, and if they like you you can get preferential treatment.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Literally everything else
So far so good
Excavator Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 January 2019
I have been there to work a few shifts so far all is well. The turnover is high but some of what has come to site has not been good. Management is fine. No different then anywhere else. They really do seem to put safety first. At least where I am.
Unprofessional at best
Excavator Operator (Current Employee) –  Alberta26 January 2019
I don't even know where to start. If its not the HR department and being really disorganised, it's a lack of authoritative communication. The other review is accurate but for myself i don't mind the physical labor. There was a lot of empty promises along with last minute details and in the end they simply forget about you. Being an excavator operator and sitting for 3 months without being called back despite being told i would be over a dozen times is unbelievable especially seeing that they need these positions filled because they keep coming out with wanted adds for work. Unprofessional at best.
Cons
Low wages, lack of direction, disorganised etc...
great company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB27 November 2018
lots of year round work. constant benefits to working there. awesome company. bonuses after a certain amount of time being there. they just overall make it worth while.
Pros
year round work
Dozer operator
Finishing Dozer Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2018
A typical day at work was operating a D6N dozer. I learned the Trimble GPS system. Management was very good. Coworkers were very friendly. Hardest part is 14 days straight.
very good
H.E. Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 October 2018
work was very secure, in the workplace was very high on safety. I enjoy working close to camp, food was awesome, boss was very impressive at the work site.
Pros
lots of employment
Cons
job finish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Reviews by Location