Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

Rock truck operator
Loved driving for your company, but was absolutely disappointed in the fact of lack of knowledge and care regarding workers inhaling, working around pure Sulfur Dioxide on a Husky plant up north.
And the fact safety was more or less brushing it under the rug.

I was effected by this toxic gas. Just need more care on what people are working around and how to protect themselves.
Bad company to work for
I would not recommend Morgan construction to anybody. The trainers r not the best management was ok. Work environment was not the best . So I do not recommend Morgan to anybody
productive and fun place to work
i had np working there treated me good never had a problem i just did my job, flights were always organized and rooms were good,i would suggest anyone
Pros
eat well driving breaks are quiet
Cons
Not a good company to work for
Was working up at Fort Hills site for Morgan in camp. Had to leave camp due to medical reasons. Informed Health and safety of my situation and then proceeded to leave camp. Find out nearly a month later that Morgan went too Suncor later and requested that I be given a 60 day sight ban from all suncor sites. This has severely impacted my livelihood.

asuncor basr
Cheapest company out there and very unorganized
Hired for a rock truck driver spent 95% labouring. Shorted on hrs 3 times in two weeks make sure you keep good track of the hrs you work. pay is the worst I ever seen. Pay for your own coveralls, only flights from Edmonton or Calgary it should be your closest airport like other companies no room to move up, and favouritism is really high. Never going to work here again
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Morgane is a Mid range heavy civil construction company
The equipment was all quite new. The wages were lower than many places that I've worked and the 21-7 rotation is more than I typically like to work but it's good for some guys.

The crew I worked with were excellent and the potential for learning new pieces of machinery was great.

No travel allowance meant I was quite a bit out of pocket to get to our site which I didn't like and no RRSP/Pension plan set up which I thought was a bit little league for a company of their size.

Would work for them again they're just not my first choice
Pros
willing to train
Cons
no RRSP no flight allowance, long rotations, low wage
As anything your crew makes the work place. Had a great team.
I have to say all company's in this industry go through the samething waiting on permits and sometimes things take a bit longer and other times bam. All in all I got along with all the forman and most co workers.
If I had issues or concerns ppl in the office were right there to help solve it. I learned alot working with this company and if they had in city work id still be there. Remember your attitude at work can make it a good work place or a not so good work place.
Pros
I enjoyed working with morgan !! lol
Cons
Our camp sucked lol
Pay is very , very low
They paid labours 19 to 20 bucks hr
777 heavy haulers 24 to 26 hr 1 week in 1 week out there was no money to be made on the suncor fort hills oil sands project especially since they did not pay for flights to and from site , no travel time from camp to work site and that was 30 min bus ride both ways , bus left at 5 30 sharp and didnt get back till after 7 pm and only got paid for 11.5 hrs every day , the rooms never got cleaned no clean towel at all it was welfare living , people leaving faster then they could find them feel bad for suncor having such a cheap company on there site and wasting Suncors time with all thee oreintations and room setting up for the workers that would just stay one tirn around and leave cause morgan construction was so cheap
Pros
No pros, at all
Cons
Long hrs, low pay, tons and tons of paper work even had to pay for your coveralls from them $135 from your first check
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.?
went downhill once they hired people from a defunct company to look after the Head office.
At one time Morgan was considered a great place to work. That has since changed as they got rid of employees over 50. And the number of Aboriginal employees went down. Not good.
Pros
good contracts
Cons
failing to listen to employees with legitimate concerns and getting rid of them, rather than dealing with concerns
organized and friendly
Great Staff to work with
working outside

boss was nice easy to work for

safety meeting in morning were always good

Building road in a different way then I am use to
Fun place to work
for the time i was employed with them , it was a fun and productive place to work , management were easy to get along with , they gave us the daily work scope and made it interesting
worth killing time with while you look for something else
Worked with them for 6 months until I a better offer came along. The crews were good the foremen were good but the wage was low the benefit package was the bare minimum and with no flights booked or travel allowance I wasn't really getting anywhere.
Pros
Camp, lots of OT, weren't afraid to train the right guys
Cons
low wage, no travel allowance or flights
a good experience
this was a great place to work. a complete camp including excellent food,gym,pooltable, internet and movie room
The people were great and the safety was a major concern.
Pros
excellent camp
Cons
too much paperwork from day to day
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8