Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Employee Reviews for Equipment Operator

Horrible organization/communication
Equipment Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB11 February 2020
Hired back as an operator to a well known worksite. To put it bluntly...75plus hired for a 25 man job, worked 9 days out of 21 because of lack of organization and no skillset from management whatsoever, sit on the bus, sit in camp, wait for us to let you know what's up, the bus broke down, sorry we forgot you were sitting and waiting....just
Horrible company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 January 2020
Worst company I've ever worked for management at ft hill is run by a bunch of egotistical morons in their early 20s that dont give a dam about their employees all they care about is filling the seat and getting their bonuses. They preach about safety unless that safety is gonna cost the company money they charge you 150 dollar for coveralls they are required to pay for by law
Would give them no stars if possible
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 August 2019
By far the biggest joke to work for. They hire some good guys which makes it not so bad but the management were all born yesterday and don't even bother trying to talk to anyone in the office, complete idiots. There wages are garbage. if you know someone or if your good on your knees you might get consistent work. No matter what you're hired for expect to either sit on a bus or a truck for a few days and also expect to labour no matter what you're hired for. Most disorganized group you'll ever work for. Go elsewhere if you can but if you end up with them constantly keep applying elsewhere and get out as soon as you can.
Pros
Money if you got nowhere else to go
Cons
The foreman pick their buddies to stay and work and you sit at home while the company posts ads for operators needed?
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 June 2019
Disappointing to say the least
Just a number
Not a Disney attitude at all
They pick workers who are their buddies to work and the rest of the employees don t matter to them.
Pros
co workers
Cons
wage
Excellent Company!
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB17 June 2019
Best company i have been able to work for in my short time of employment. Everyone knows what they're doing, people are great to work with! The foremans and superintendents are usually easy to communicate with. Wages were fair and competitive to other construction companies and they are always getting new jobs so you never have to worry about sitting for too long!
We believe in respect
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 May 2019
Working for Morgan gave me the ability to challenge myself and gain a higher level of knowledge in safety and being part of a family.
The best part was the people who worked beside you...
doing a job well done was the goal of the day and doing it safely.
we all took great responsibility in making sure we all went home at the end of the day.
Management was great,always willing to answer any concerns or questions.
Foreman's showed great leadership skills and providing all the necessary procedures to do the job effectively and efficiently.
They were always there to lend a hand and help out if needed.
Friendly and always welcoming.
I will always value my time with Morgan.
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Bad weather
Worst company I ever worked at
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Fort hills26 April 2019
The management at fort hills is a joke. They believe women should only be truck drivers and packer operators. They under pay, and tell you it’s because the “economy is in rough shape”.
They will lay people off and not tell them till they end up at the airport with no plane ticket.
10/10 do not recommend unless you’re desperate for a job like I was.
Pros
The few decent people who work there
Cons
absolutely everything.
Not worth the time.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB18 March 2019
Absolutely worst place to work. The superintendents on the Fort Hills project do not have a clue what they are doing. I have seen kindergarten classes run better than that job. There is a good reason for the turn over rate they have. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Cons
Nick Erb
This company is a waste of time
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort hills12 March 2019
I fully agree with run as far away from the bunch of tools they have running the fort hills operations. I can not believe Suncor even has these bunch of idoits up there! One of the worst companies I have ever had the displeasure of coming into contact with. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!
Cons
One of the worst companies out there
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 March 2019
Promise you lots of work but will lay you off after a single job and not even have the decency or professionalism to tell you about it! Constant lies about work coming right up to try to keep you.
Their work practices and shortcuts out at Fort Hills are bordering on criminal.
The office staff is the most uncommunicative, rude and belligerent bunch of people I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with.
There is no work/life balance because they don’t care and the wages are absolutely some of the lowest in the industry.
They have a huge turn over because they are a terrible company to work for. People don’t walk away from jobs, they walk away from nasty employers.
Cons
Management, low wages, no work/life balance, constant lies about upcoming work that never materializes
Excellent company to grow with
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Mechanic) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2019
Great experience at Morgan Construction. They supported me through my apprenticeship program and a life changing event. 21-7 was a long set and not always beneficial. However, that has been changed to 21-10.
Good company to work for
Laborer and temporary equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta and British Columbia14 February 2019
Great place to work and learned a lot about safety and the locations of all the jobs required.The transportation to and from the jobs and the camp accommodations.
Pros
Wide range of work duties
Cons
working out in the weather
Run!
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 February 2019
Management sucks.... HR is a complete joke..... wages are a complete joke.... RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY! I put in an “rat card” because they had a guy driving me plus the crew on a suspended drivers licence from a DUI.... I got pushed out of this company for that reason, and the final decision came from THE SUPERINTENDENT!!!
great company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB27 November 2018
lots of year round work. constant benefits to working there. awesome company. bonuses after a certain amount of time being there. they just overall make it worth while.
Pros
year round work
its work nothing special
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 September 2018
Work away from home in Fort Hills ...
12 hr days
low paying company
no pay for rain days
no perks
no swag
no company moral, just a job
most enjoyable part of the day ,, suppertime at camp.
Pros
good formans
Cons
low wages no pay for rain days
Yes we hade a game room
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB25 July 2018
Leve camp on the bus get to the parking lot have a safety meeting ...Go to you equipment do you daily inspection befor you start up your machine

The most enjoyable part of the job was days off
Pros
Camp paid for
Morgan Construction
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB23 April 2018
Management was easy to talk to and you could set for days off if needed. Camps and food are good and clean. You can advance and be trained in different kinds of machinery.
Worst work place EVER
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2018
Very high turnaround rate (no job security). They hire equipment operators but never labourers, want to know why? Because they hire you as an equipment operator but then put you on back-breaking, foot- blistering labour work for 21 days. You don't get travel pay for the 4 hours commute to work everyday. Any harassment complaints will go unheard.
Pros
They supply your safety glasses and gloves
Cons
Everything.
Great company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 August 2017
They are great company to work for I learned lots and management is great fun people to work with. hardest part of job is trying to figure out when travel day is when they don't give me time to get there.
Pros
good pay
Cons
need more work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Morgan is a really good place to work. They thrive on safety and have a really good atmosphere for their employees in the workplace. They also pay competitive wages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Reviews by Location