Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

So far so good
I have been there to work a few shifts so far all is well. The turnover is high but some of what has come to site has not been good. Management is fine. No different then anywhere else. They really do seem to put safety first. At least where I am.
Horrible organization/communication
Hired back as an operator to a well known worksite. To put it bluntly...75plus hired for a 25 man job, worked 9 days out of 21 because of lack of organization and no skillset from management whatsoever, sit on the bus, sit in camp, wait for us to let you know what's up, the bus broke down, sorry we forgot you were sitting and waiting....just
Horrible company
Worst company I've ever worked for management at ft hill is run by a bunch of egotistical morons in their early 20s that dont give a dam about their employees all they care about is filling the seat and getting their bonuses. They preach about safety unless that safety is gonna cost the company money they charge you 150 dollar for coveralls they are required to pay for by law
Horrible
Morgan has ads up for operators and labourers and half of their crew is sitting at camp on a Daily and nightly basis.

This company is a complete joke, steer clear of this company at all costs...even if you are at the lowest of lows in life ..the job, the people and everything else associated with this company will put you over the top. Worst company in the patch for sure
Terrible company to work for!
I worked for Morgan for 2 years an it was the most miserable years of my adult life. The management is for the most part clueless, very immature and very unprofessional. I had a superintendent make up things to tell my supervisor to try and get me in trouble. Had my supervisor throw me under the bus multiple times for his mistakes. Had a superintendent yell at me infront of a full safety trailer for silly, inconsequential things. On top of all that, wages are poorand if you're not friends with the supers, they won't think twice about having you sit at home for extended periods or even sitting at camp unpaid for days on end. Wouldn't work here again even if I had no other options.
Would give them no stars if possible
By far the biggest joke to work for. They hire some good guys which makes it not so bad but the management were all born yesterday and don't even bother trying to talk to anyone in the office, complete idiots. There wages are garbage. if you know someone or if your good on your knees you might get consistent work. No matter what you're hired for expect to either sit on a bus or a truck for a few days and also expect to labour no matter what you're hired for. Most disorganized group you'll ever work for. Go elsewhere if you can but if you end up with them constantly keep applying elsewhere and get out as soon as you can.
Pros
Money if you got nowhere else to go
Cons
The foreman pick their buddies to stay and work and you sit at home while the company posts ads for operators needed?
Disappointing to say the least
Just a number

Not a Disney attitude at all

They pick workers who are their buddies to work and the rest of the employees don t matter to them.
Pros
co workers
Cons
wage
We believe in respect
Working for Morgan gave me the ability to challenge myself and gain a higher level of knowledge in safety and being part of a family.
The best part was the people who worked beside you...

doing a job well done was the goal of the day and doing it safely.

we all took great responsibility in making sure we all went home at the end of the day.

Management was great,always willing to answer any concerns or questions.

Foreman's showed great leadership skills and providing all the necessary procedures to do the job effectively and efficiently.

They were always there to lend a hand and help out if needed.

Friendly and always welcoming.

I will always value my time with Morgan.
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Bad weather
One of the worst companies out there
Promise you lots of work but will lay you off after a single job and not even have the decency or professionalism to tell you about it! Constant lies about work coming right up to try to keep you.
Their work practices and shortcuts out at Fort Hills are bordering on criminal.

The office staff is the most uncommunicative, rude and belligerent bunch of people I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with.

There is no work/life balance because they don’t care and the wages are absolutely some of the lowest in the industry.

They have a huge turn over because they are a terrible company to work for. People don’t walk away from jobs, they walk away from nasty employers.
Cons
Management, low wages, no work/life balance, constant lies about upcoming work that never materializes
Cheapest company out there and very unorganized
Hired for a rock truck driver spent 95% labouring. Shorted on hrs 3 times in two weeks make sure you keep good track of the hrs you work. pay is the worst I ever seen. Pay for your own coveralls, only flights from Edmonton or Calgary it should be your closest airport like other companies no room to move up, and favouritism is really high. Never going to work here again
Pros
It’s a job
very good
work was very secure, in the workplace was very high on safety. I enjoy working close to camp, food was awesome, boss was very impressive at the work site.
Pros
lots of employment
Cons
job finish
its work nothing special
Work away from home in Fort Hills ...
12 hr days

low paying company

no pay for rain days

no perks

no swag

no company moral, just a job

most enjoyable part of the day ,, suppertime at camp.
Pros
good formans
Cons
low wages no pay for rain days
Find anywhere to work but there.
There is no management it’s run by employees who have been there to long. If they don’t like you for any reason they run to Forman and your on the bus. Safety there is none just go like idiots and stop for no one.
Pros
Get out of there
Cons
Stressful and useless
No job security
The management staff has no clue what happens on field. The wages are low and they will over work you until fatigue and make up an excuse to fire or lay you off

The safety program is good

But it’s terribke implemented
Don't waste your time stay away from this company there are much better options
I rates this company as a 1 because there isn't a 0 option which would be more suited.
The companies management are disconnected from what's going on is the field. This company's first priority is to save money rather than having advisors in the field doing the job the client was expecting. Site management were quick to blame All incidents on the workers rather than getting to the root cause of the incidents and doing meanfull corrective actions to prevent repeat incidents.Advisors will be swamp doing meaning less incident reports , don't expect to spend much time in the field , this job will not be a good experience for You, it will not be an experience that will benefit your career .Advisors are sent off site losing hours or even days without pay to save money and increase profits. This company isn't dictated to the safety culture that they like to portray. Safety Advisors are treated as expense not an asset to the companies progress. I you are or want to be a professional safety advisor do yourself a favour stay away from this company.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company
Morgane is a Mid range heavy civil construction company
The equipment was all quite new. The wages were lower than many places that I've worked and the 21-7 rotation is more than I typically like to work but it's good for some guys.

The crew I worked with were excellent and the potential for learning new pieces of machinery was great.

No travel allowance meant I was quite a bit out of pocket to get to our site which I didn't like and no RRSP/Pension plan set up which I thought was a bit little league for a company of their size.

Would work for them again they're just not my first choice
Pros
willing to train
Cons
no RRSP no flight allowance, long rotations, low wage
Gets it
Pretty decent place to work, they have a good understanding of what they need to do to be competitive and keep crews busy. Can make a buck or two more at other companies but these guys have always have work even when everyone else is closing their doors.

Have seen a few people leave and they quickly realise the grass is actually greener here and they come back.
Pros
Steady work, camp jobs
Cons
Need to get hats again (swag)
good work enviroment
it was a great place to work other than no position guarantee,the most enjoyable part of working for them was the crew nd supervisors they where very hands on with problems and easily solved with the field
fun at work place with jogging
i liked working with them because they have great management, great workers, over the all they helped a lot to improve and being ready for any new challenge.
Allot of work out of town in camps. They don't allow employees to bring vehicles. you must travel in a crew van.
The jobs you do are fine if not enjoyable, but if you work out of a camp; you are stuck at that camp for three weeks. Most of the people you work with are easy to get along with.
Pros
Direct deposite
Cons
allot of work in camps with no transportation to any near by town.
A very safety conscience company to work for.
My typical day at work started with safety meetings and tool box meetings with our supervisor and crew, which made our daily duties more clear and organized.

I learned that safety is the most important duty at work, next to being present. Paying attention to management detail(s) allows the crew members to perform their duties effeciently in an organized manner.

The hardest part of the job is compensating for crew members who are lacking to details from management. On the other hand, the most enjoying part of the job is the ability to problem solve cohesively according to detail, and requirment from management.
Pros
Overtime Hours
Cons
Bad Weather
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8